What's new

Karnataka corner!

All descriptions of Queen of Sheba does not show her with Afro features, but more Indian features. No Afro hair, so she is not African. Plus Kerala due to its trade with Mali had enormous amount of gold. Rosewood and teak are the natural woods in Kerala's forests.

Didn't Pliny make references to Kerala ?

so it was sort of destiny that Europeans would ultimately land in Kerala.

thats true. . i guess. . thats why Afghani ppl hate Prithviraj chauhan :tdown:

His grave is on the steps of the Shrine dedicated to Ghori :disagree:
bhai at time...muslims considered Hindu as ugly and backward..and idol worshiper......they obviously hated us...
prithavi raj defeated ghori 17 times....but ultimately was defeated b'coz of his sasur.......

Sher kabhi chaddi nahi pehnta. :p::bunny:

Sher nahate bhi nahi. . to kya aghori banoge ?
tauruss.gif

@Indischer they had found Roman coins that dated from 58 B.C. or 77 B.C. Pliny The Elder also made mention of the Cheramans.

If what @Hermione the existence of Kerala would have been know in the Levant in 900 B.C.

Unlikely, though it's not improbable either. Sheba is believed to be a region in present day Yemen and Hadhramaut region of S.Arabia though.

The Greeks certainly knew of many cities and kingdoms on India's Western Coast by around 300 BC itself.

Unlikely, though it's not improbable either. Sheba is believed to be a region in present day Yemen and Hadhramaut region of S.Arabia though.

The Greeks certainly knew of many cities and kingdoms on India's Western Coast by around 300 BC itself.

Where in Yemen would you find rosewood and teak.

Do you believe in the myth that Christianity arrived in India in kerala in the AD 70's ?

@Indischer ..you know what...I remember a very classy joke on this Sher issue.......
but won't tell you,...otherwise you will punch me through your screen...:lol::lol::lol:

sahi hai beta ji......
chaddi chor.....chaddi cura cura ke pahenta hai....:bunny::bunny:

Tum jo khatre ke pehli nishan par apna Chaddi girake dhum daba ke bhag jaateho....:haha:

@Indischer ..you know what...I remember a very classy joke on this Sher issue.......
but won't tell you,...otherwise you will punch me through your screen...:lol::lol::lol:

Bolna yaar...mujhe koi aitraaz nahi. :-)

Tum jo khatre ke pehli nishan par apna Chaddi girake dhum daba ke bhag jaateho....
bhai...hum chaddi bacha ke bhagte hai....bhagna hi hai to izzat se bhago.....chaddi gira ke ....apna xxxxxxx dikha ke bhagne se kya fayada.....sala goli chale gi to pata nai kaha jayegi...:woot::woot:

Bolna yaar...mujhe koi aitraaz nahi.
Ok par tu gussa ho gaya to...:partay::partay:

Didn't Pliny make references to Kerala ?

so it was sort of destiny that Europeans would ultimately land in Kerala.

They were trading with Kerala and the rest of the country for a long time. India was very well known to most Europeans. That is why lot of Europeans still dream of India (civilizational memory). The trade routes closed when the Mediterranean got infested with Barbary pirates.

Do you believe in the myth that Christianity arrived in India in kerala in the AD 70's ?

Is it a myth? I thought that India indeed received the first Christians when the 12 apostles of Christ moved to various lands to spread his message. The St Thomas Mount in Chennai is supposed to be the place where St Thomas attained martyrdom. Could it all be wrong?

bhai...hum chaddi bacha ke bhagte hai....bhagna hi hai to izzat se bhago.....chaddi gira ke ....apna xxxxxxx dikha ke bhagne se kya fayada.....sala goli chale gi to pata nai kaha jayegi...:woot::woot:

Ok par tu gussa ho gaya to...:partay::partay:

Itna naaraz kar sakta hai kya yeh joke? Maa-Baap pe mat jaio, mere upar jitna chaaho joke maaro, mey bhi milke hasoonga. :D

Man you are in love with that mamba emoticon aren't you?

I like it's expression. Very neat, very racist. :D

Back
Top Bottom