What's new

Karnataka corner!

LOL. Nah not a congressi now by long shot though in 2009 I had voted for MMS. Grandma had abandoned her family and married a mossie guy. So have mossie relatives.

That's really cool! Do you guys socialize much? I'm guessing it's nice to have such diverse relatives. :-)

That's really cool! Do you guys socialize much? I'm guessing it's nice to have such diverse relatives. :-)

Yeh my mom's step-siblings used to come home every weekend when we were in Bombay. Grandma by then was working in Kuwait. They are not in Bangalore, but when they come to Bangalore, they stay over at our place. They are cool. Not the highly religious sort, just like my mom they did not have much schooling, so they never learnt much about their own religion too. Even my cousins are okay, though not much in touch.

My grandma (maternal) is a Muslim on the other hand.

My paternal line is lost forever.

My maternal lineage can be traced back 200 years.

One of the few guys in Bollywood who's truly an actor. Have loads of respect for his acting prowess. Have you watched Shaurya? His acting in that jusht aweshome! :-)

Yes I have. Never could get over the fact that it is a remake.

The culture in the North too is intact in many places. But the South did not see Islamic conquest till much later, and Tamil Nadu and parts of Kerala never had Muslim rulers. That's one difference between North and South.

My neighbourhood was dominated by Muslims. They made awesome luches and every sunday, I would go to my best friends house for Chicken Biryani.

Religious harmony FTW :laugh:

Yeh my mom's step-siblings used to come home every weekend when we were in Bombay. Grandma by then was working in Kuwait. They are not in Bangalore, but when they come to Bangalore, they stay over at our place. They are cool. Not the highly religious sort, just like my mom they did not have much schooling, so they never learnt much about their own religion too. Even my cousins are okay, though not much in touch.

Nice! :tup: Your family seems a delightful oddity for India!:cheers:

The culture in the North too is intact in many places. But the South did not see Islamic conquest till much later, and Tamil Nadu and parts of Kerala never had Muslim rulers. That's one difference between North and South.

It is mostly islamacized, especially in and around Delhi and Bengal region. Rajasthan I think is more Hindu, but still affected a lot.

Yes I have. Never could get over the fact that it is a remake.

My neighbourhood was dominated by Muslims. They made awesome luches and every sunday, I would go to my best friends house for Chicken Biryani.

Religious harmony FTW :laugh:

Even though it's a remake, it's not filling into Jack Nicholson's shoes. :)

And you can trace your family back 200 years? Bloody Good! Has your family migrated within Kerala, or have they stayed put in the same area?

we have a book dedicated to our clan. . every year we add names into this book 8-)

We can track our paternal lineage very easily :taz:

Bidawat_Rathoron_512c4bad27c09_124x124.jpg

Rajputs

It is mostly islamacized, especially in and around Delhi and Bengal region. Rajasthan I think is more Hindu, but still affected a lot.

Haryana, HP, Uttarakhand, Rajastan, MP, Chattisgadh, Orissa, and to some extent Maharashtra, have all still preserved much of their earlier ways.

we have a book dedicated to our clan. . every year we add names into this book 8-)

We can track our paternal lineage very easily :taz:

Bidawat_Rathoron_512c4bad27c09_124x124.jpg

who's that? Rana Sanga?

Sort of similar to my folks. My grandma was a Saurashtran Brahmin turned Muslim. Her mom (my great-grandma) was alive until I was 20. So that is just 100 years or so.

Haryana, HP, Uttarakhand, Rajastan, MP, Chattisgadh, Orissa, and to some extent Maharashtra, have all still preserved much of their earlier ways.

It changed a lot. Child marriage, marriage at 12 in the night, ghunghat, loss of vedic culture, women's standing in the house, everything changed. They may have some shell of Hindu culture, but much of their ways are Islamic.

Back
Top Bottom