What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

Why is paf waisting money different color schemes

How much money does a coat of paint cost? This is a non-issue.

So in usaf cadets graduating from academy and conversion goes straight to f-16 I think it's just paf being more cautious otherwise most mordern af with f-16s like Turkish, usaf, Israelis etc after fcu they got straight to f-16 plus paf has options other than f-16 check paf f-16 sqn there is usually more majors or sqn leader then any other ranks

I don't think that is the case in America. The USAF has a huge fleet of different trainer planes, from basic T-6 to the T-38 which is a supersonic trainer jet that provides LIFT experience to the pilots. So the USAF pilots gradually come on to the F-16. As the F-16 is their common jet, it functions in a similar manner to our older planes such as the Mirages in the PAF. The best pilots are then promoted to fly the F-22.

So the PAF practices are not at all different from the leading air forces of the world.

They are rocket pods. The PAF may syart using K-8 as a CAS option. That being said, being a jet, i think its too expensive for that role against Taliban. The advanded turboprop like Hurkus, Super Tucano, and Texan II are better suited for such roles. The PAF is supposedly considering an order of Hurkus for that exact purpose.

That being said, love the K-8. Something about it screams little jet that could.

How much money does a coat of paint cost? This is a non-issue.

I don't think that is the case in America. The USAF has a huge fleet of different trainer planes, from basic T-6 to the T-38 which is a supersonic trainer jet that provides LIFT experience to the pilots. So the USAF pilots gradually come on to the F-16. As the F-16 is their common jet, it functions in a similar manner to our older planes such as the Mirages in the PAF. The best pilots are then promoted to fly the F-22.

So the PAF practices are not at all different from the leading air forces of the world.
This is a very wrong perception that only best pilots are on best planes (f-16 in case of paf).There are skilled pilots on every plane be it an f16 or an old mirage.

This is a very wrong perception that only best pilots are on best planes (f-16 in case of paf).There are skilled pilots on every plane be it an f16 or an old mirage.

Actually all the air forces and air lines always choose their best pilots for their best planes. I know PIA does that before it allows its pilots to command the jumbos. The PAF does that for the F-22 and even the Soviet Union chose their best pilots for the latest jets they inducted.

Actually all the air forces and air lines always choose their best pilots for their best planes. I know PIA does that before it allows its pilots to command the jumbos. The PAF does that for the F-22 and even the Soviet Union chose their best pilots for the latest jets they inducted.
U cant compare an airline with an airforce...they both are two different worlds.
First of all if a pilot is good at mirage doesnt mean he will also be good at F-16(both jets are of different roles)
A good F-16 pilot will not always be a good K8 instructor.
A good F-16 interceptor pilot will not be as good in bombing as are certain mirage pilots who even fly @ 200AGL at night and practice bombings.
Similarly if a pilot has spent all his career on a mirage(a french system) and is expert at it will maybe have tough time training on an f16(US system)
If all BEST pilots are posted on F-16 then this will lead to sagregation and then to phobia of NOT BEING A GOOD PILOT if u arent on F16.

And remember ACM is not always from F-16 and he surely is one of the best pilots of the AF.Current airchief is OC of a PG squadron.

U'll find pilots on an F-7 who are far superior than an F-16 pilot.
Paf recently posted F16 pilots on helis and mirages...it must be stupid to post best pilots on helicopters and mirages.DAMN SON

. The PAF does that for the F-22 and even the Soviet Union chose their best pilots for the latest jets they inducted.
I didnt know PAF had F22s :p

Last edited:
U cant compare an airline with an airforce...they both are two different worlds.
First of all if a pilot is good at mirage doesnt mean he will also be good at F-16(both jets are of different roles)
A good F-16 pilot will not always be a good K8 instructor.
A good F-16 interceptor pilot will not be as good in bombing as are certain mirage pilots who even fly @ 200AGL at night and practice bombings.
Similarly if a pilot has spent all his career on a mirage(a french system) and is expert at it will maybe have tough time training on an f16(US system)
If all BEST pilots are posted on F-16 then this will lead to sagregation and then to phobia of NOT BEING A GOOD PILOT if u arent on F16.

And remember ACM is not always from F-16 and he surely is one of the best pilots of the AF.Current airchief is OC of a PG squadron.

U'll find pilots on an F-7 who are far superior than an F-16 pilot.
Paf recently posted F16 pilots on helis and mirages...it must be stupid to post best pilots on helicopters and mirages.DAMN SON

I didnt know PAF had F22s :p

Hi,

There must be a reason for the pilots being posted to mirage or helicopters from F16's---.

Hi,

There must be a reason for the pilots being posted to mirage or helicopters from F16's---.
Helicopters most of the time due to them getting suspended from flying. Happens a lot.....but in the early days of the introduction of the F-16, the requirement was to have pilots who had normally topped the F-6 and Mirage conversion courses to get selected for the F-16 conversion course. Now it largely depends on grades AND requirements set by the F-16 OCU. The F-16 is easy to fly, just hard to master its employment of the multi-role status.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sometimes pilots are suspended and sometimes just normal rotation(PAF mostly ignores how good are u on a particular aircraft and still posts u on another plane...this mostly happens due to OCs.)

Sometimes pilots are suspended and sometimes just normal rotation(PAF mostly ignores how good are u on a particular aircraft and still posts u on another plane...this mostly happens due to OCs.)
Agreed. You could be a F-16 operational pilot and get posted to CCS on Mirages. But a lot of this is done on their record and merit on different platforms. PAF still has a mix of pilots who are either good at flying or studies, very rare to have both. If one excels in either way, then most of the time it leads to progression to another aircraft conversion. Individual cases vary.

Hi,

Basic rule of thumb is---as you excel in your abilities and are promoted to a higher plateau---you don't get demoted.

So---from an F16 to a mirage or a chopper is devaluation---

Agreed. You could be a F-16 operational pilot and get posted to CCS on Mirages. But a lot of this is done on their record and merit on different platforms. PAF still has a mix of pilots who are either good at flying or studies, very rare to have both. If one excels in either way, then most of the time it leads to progression to another aircraft conversion. Individual cases vary.
I know a mirage pilot who is barely 5.5 ft in height and 46kgs in weight and still a skilled pilot in flying as well as studies...even fasts in ramzan which most pilots dont:p:

Hi,

Basic rule of thumb is---as you excel in your abilities and are promoted to a higher plateau---you don't get demoted.

So---from an F16 to a mirage or a chopper is devaluation---
Not in PAF...Skilled pilots are on every aircraft.

I know a mirage pilot who is barely 5.5 ft in height and 46kgs in weight and still a skilled pilot in flying as well as studies...even fasts in ramzan which most pilots dont:p:

Not in PAF...Skilled pilots are on every aircraft.
Height is not a requirement for pilots.

Height is not a requirement for pilots.
Well actually there is...163cm or 5.4 ft and there is also an upper limit.
But that wasnt my point..my point was that he is not a strong guy like a soldier/or most pilots are but is still better than many of them.
Being physically strong matters a lot when u are fighter pilot and if u arent that strong and still a good pilot then KUDOS.

I know a PAF pilot who is 59, 72 kg and and is still actively flying (his coursemate is the current air chief).....individual cases vary.

Back
Top Bottom