What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

ok if you accept PPP as a legitamte party & call it peoples mandate then why cry about waderas? and if you are ok with PPPs peoples mandate then why are you fighting with any party??? ANP PML & PPP? perfect nation everyone loves the other! according to your logic no one is oppressed everyone supports their party WILLINGLY then why does mqm cry that people are being opporessed by jagirdaras and waderaas?

ooohooo, darling, we are talking about waderas, bcaz we do not want them to rule our Karachi, this commissionary system mate.

no, he didnot call him traitor, no one has the right to call though I agree.

Why will a traitor call another traitor a traitor? They have the same mentality and are brothers and sisters in their profession.

i live in karachi and i know how MQM boys come to my house for KHAAL on eid & how MQM boys come for "funds" to my shop! so please don't give me crap!! last eid total firing happened because of war on KHAAL!!

How many times you got kidnapped? for Khaal as well as for not paying money to them?

You don't need to like MQM but for the people here criticizing them, are you guys even from Karachi?

MQM are no saints but at least they have made efforts to help Karachi and make it better: just look at the Mustafa Kamal era.

The mess we're seeing right now and what we saw in the 80's and 90's are gifts from parties like PPP, PML-N and ANP

MQM to be recognized needs to show some character, being in coalition and still acting opposition from time to time, for self interest? sit with Jagirdar and talk against them makes little sense to the Nation.

stand by some principles and the Nation will follow you.

The money you people give as bhatta and the khaal to the rascals politicians ruining the country would be 10000000000 times better to give to some one like Edhi or give the same money to a poor man.

I lived in Malir as well, but I am ready to take oath, that I never paid any bhatta to MQM people.

We lived in F.B.Area & Jauhar, i swear to Allah if we had paid any bhatta to MQM peoples. Only once in 90's(as my dad told me) in FB Area some MQM guy took 75Rs each house in our street to paint footpaths outside every house & they gave recipt of that too(i don't think if this is called bhatta, but i can give 1000 rs for this kind of bhatta)

Yaar leader, MQM is associated with bhatta, while PPP is biggest bhatta khors, in their rule, everything is possible if you have money, people do not travel on super highway / national highway in Sindh as they get kidnapped for ransom. People cross the entire sindh in day light time. This is the fact that can be verified, still not believe, just travel during night in areas of sindh.

very true...very true...both are bhatta khor, thats my whole point, if MQM wants the recognition of the Nation, it needs to present itself in a different way...

For those who can read:
Jang Multimedia

The center is playing a big part in this violence by inciting and letting violence go on unchecked because they want the MQM rule in Karachi to become more diluted given that the party has broken away from the PPP. Both MQM and ANP are being played against each other by what is supposedly a national party and its leadership currently ruling the roost.

Its funny how police protection was provided immediately to Zulfiqar Mirza's house but it took almost a week to provide security to the people of Katti pahari and the surrounding areas. I guess being a feudal lord and Zardari's best friend have its advantages :disagree:

Does anybody remember a few months ago Waseem Akhtar said "Punjab kay ghar ghar main mujra hota hai" so basically he gave gali to whole Punjab just like Mirza used derogatory remarks. But I don't think 15 people died and many buses and vehicles were burnt in Punjab and PML-N goons didn't go on rampage and did aerial firing and closed shops forcibly. Hmm....I wonder why it only happens in Karachi when someone speaks about Altaf "bhai" or against MQM.

For those who can read:
Jang Multimedia

The center is playing a big part in this violence by inciting and letting violence go on unchecked because they want the MQM rule in Karachi to become more diluted given that the party has broken away from the PPP. Both MQM and ANP are being played against each other by what is supposedly a national party and its leadership currently ruling the roost.

nice read, thank you, i knew from the start that PPP has a big role in it because they are unable to bring peace in karachi, while in musharraf era there was no target killing

Back
Top Bottom