ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Changing skylines: Karachi to get the country’s tallest building, again
By Our Correspondent
Published: February 21, 2012
KARACHI:
Over the next few months, expect heavy traffic around the Do Talwar area. By May of this year, it will have the honour to be a neighbour with the country’s tallest building.
Ocean Towers, formerly known as Sofitel Towers, is 393 feet high and will house a shopping mall, food courts, corporate offices and a business club, said the project’s sponsors. The 28-floor skyscraper has bypassed the 381-feet tall MCB Tower on II Chundrigar road as the tallest building in the country.
A formal inauguration of the towers took place on Saturday by Minister for Overseas Pakistanis Dr Farooq Sattar.
The chief executive officer of Siddiqsons Group and Triple Tree Associates, Tariq Rafi, said that the skyscraper was completed at a cost of Rs7 billion. The building materials used in its construction conform to the standards set by the Karachi Building Control Authority, enabling it to withstand earthquake shocks.
The towers were initially supposed to house the Sofitel chain of hotels, but they withdrew because of the violence in Karachi. The managing partner of the project, Abdul Rehman Naqi, said that a popular supermarket chain in the city would be the first store in the towers and would open its doors to the public, hopefully by May 25. “The upper half of the building, which will house corporate offices, will be completed by June 20. But as we have limited office space, I am not really worried about the other mall-cum-office projects being constructed elsewhere in the city.”
Published in The Express Tribune, February 21st, 2012.
339386-building-1329772903-832-640x480.jpg

Ocean Towers, formerly known as Sofitel Towers, is 393 feet high. PHOTO: AFP

:pakistan:wow...............................beautiful.amazing...fantastic..................great.........................100 wari bismillah
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
:pakistan:

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

:smitten:Quetta:smitten: men bhi tu kuch esa hona chahiye nah

The tallest building in the future (in Pakistan) that is currently being constructed is Bahria Icon Tower in Karachi which will be 853 feet followed by Centaurus in Islamabad which will be 657 feet.

Approved, but not yet started construction, tallest building in the future (in Pakistan) is the Karachi Port Tower which will be 1,947 feet.

The tallest building in the future (in Pakistan) that is currently being constructed is Bahria Icon Tower in Karachi which will be 853 feet followed by Centaurus in Islamabad which will be 657 feet.

Approved, but not yet started construction, tallest building in the future (in Pakistan) is the Karachi Port Tower which will be 1,947 feet.

isnt bahria,pakistan navy business wing??

what dont the guys invite you and design the damn thing??

btw living in states is easy, goras made all the stuff there not idiot desis like you, trying to criticise everything is also very easy

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

more funny is the toiletless country making an aircraft carrier

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

r u from quetta??
I wish but I m from Rajouri( occupied kashmir).

I love Quetta,Quetta is great,its beautiful,its...........I can't explain Quetta in my words.

My office building has 31 Floors where i am working and he is calling 28 floors a skyscraper...????

My office building has 31 Floors where i am working and he is calling 28 floors a skyscraper...????

because the building closest to the sky presently in pakistan is mcb tower and the next one above if it is built

leave it bro...We Indian know the meaning of certain terms and we don't manipulate its meaning to get a false pride !!

BDW within this decade Mumbai skyscrapers will be good enough to compete with western cities

look at the title of the thread - and look at the stuff you and your pack post. Why cant you either post anything on topic and take a day off from trolling? Why does it burn you to see or here anything decent in our nation. Grow up or shut up.
On topic - Its nice to see good news of any sort associated with Karachi. Keep it coming! :tup:

Sad day for civilization.

There should be no tall buildings, and human population should be well spread not to have to live hung in the air.

We should connect to the earth more than to avoid it.

PS: We shoudn't have large streets either nor other concrete covering everything that meets the eye. There should be jungle when you step outside the house, and birds chirping, and snakes crawling in your sandals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom