What's new

KARACHI: With the winning of 3G and 4G licences, Zong has decided to invest $1 billion more in infra

I preferred 3G here in NY over 4G. The speed was still good with 3G, the smart phones battery life lasted longer and they gave customers unlimited data for 30 bucks a months.

In came 4G, around 2010/2011 the internet speed improved slightly, but the battery life took a huge hit. What really killed the deal was a year after they took away the unlimited data and started charging 30 bucks for only 2 gigs and 10 dollars more for each extra 2 gigs.

So now we have 4g here but people scurry around looking for free wifi spots because cost for using 4g is crazy. You watch a couple of video in standard def and in an hour you'll have used closed to 300-500 megs. And now since mostly everything is in HD, I don't even watch it much on my phone's 4g data plan out of fear of using up all my data.

If 4G was introduced so people could surf faster and watch HD videos then the plan definitely didn't work cuz hardly anyone uses their 4g data for this. It was much better with 3G, at least it was unlimited.

I don't think trial 3G is offered free,bcoz when switched my cell to 3G n also activate data access, internet start working but after opening couple of websites it burnt out my balance.

Don't know. Didn't happen to me. I am using it on Telenor. I hope you are not using Ufone. :D

Any details of the contract, bidding etc?

Did Zong offer the best bid?

Or there is corruption going on in this project and Chinese are walking-over Pakistani resources just like always and exploiting us?

Business is business. Pakistan needs to protect its interests. Chinese are capitalists..they exploit the **** outa Pakistan at every opportunity. World is a place of interest, no bullshit of "Friendship"

One other thing: Is there no Pakistani telecom company?

Zong, Mobilink, Telenor, Warid etc are all foreign-companies extracting profits out of Pakistan.

I am not sure about Ufone though...

Foreign investment is good if it helps the nation to build its own indigenous, and independent economic base...

Otherwise, Foreign investment is just like classical colonialism. Powerful countries investing in poorer nations and extracting more money than they put in...turning the nation even more poorer in the long run.

But if they launch 3G and 4G at a time,will people use 3G.

4G will be for Postpaid customers only. 4G is not affordable for the most.

Any details of the contract, bidding etc?

Did Zong offer the best bid?

Or there is corruption going on in this project and Chinese are walking-over Pakistani resources just like always and exploiting us?

Business is business. Pakistan needs to protect its interests. Chinese are capitalists..they exploit the **** outa Pakistan at every opportunity. World is a place of interest, no bullshit of "Friendship"

One other thing: Is there no Pakistani telecom company?

Zong, Mobilink, Telenor, Warid etc are all foreign-companies extracting profits out of Pakistan.

I am not sure about Ufone though...

Foreign investment is good if it helps the nation to build its own indigenous, and independent economic base...

Otherwise, Foreign investment is just like classical colonialism. Powerful countries investing in poorer nations and extracting more money than they put in...turning the nation even more poorer in the long run.

Zong offered the highest bid hence qualified for 4G license. It was written in tender document that 2 highest bidders will receive 4g licence but Mobilink didn't pay for 4G therefore bid for 2nd 4G licence was dropped.

Don't know. Didn't happen to me. I am using it on Telenor. I hope you are not using Ufone. :D

I used mobilink :-( although I also have ufone but I prefer mobilink on it due to signal issues and telenor don't work in my place so had to leave that network.

I preferred 3G here in NY over 4G. The speed was still good with 3G, the smart phones battery life lasted longer and they gave customers unlimited data for 30 bucks a months.
I always prefer 2G or Wifi,3G and 4G are suckers when it comes to battery life.

here bro
3G Plans in India | 3G Tariff Plans for Prepaid and Postpaid | airtel
And see the plans of Delhi.
Recharge amount : Rs. 249
Benefit : 1 GB
Validity : 30 days

I know when you recharge online you pay that,i use airtel prepaid chennai,i recharge for 155 for 1 GB but you have to go to the shop and recharge,i know on airtel web it says that and also when i recharge online i pay 249 for GB.
www.recharge.oneindia.in/airtel-online-recharge/plans/chennai-3g-plans/
In Haryana i have to pay 655 Rs for 6 GB 3G Data and after 6GB usage unlimited 2G for 1 month
huka.gif
Is this good?

I always prefer 2G or Wifi,3G and 4G are suckers when it comes to battery life.

2G is a bit slow though.

3G is the best balance between speed and battery life.

I only ever use 4G if I need to stream an HD video over the internet. It uses up a lot of battery.

2G is a bit slow though.

3G is the best balance between speed and battery life.

I only ever use 4G if I need to stream an HD video over the internet. It uses up a lot of battery.
Due to the nature of my work I'm always in the middle of nowhere.My data usage is basically Emails,Calendar and Evernote and 2G does wonders.

3G does not mean 21mbps speed. cellular providers hardly offer such speeds in India except 1 or 2 providers. BSNL, the national ISP is known to throttle 3G Data Speeds to 1-2mbps while IDEA(Birla) gives above 4mbps. this is the experience in non-metro areas though.

In Haryana i have to pay 655 Rs for 6 GB 3G Data and after 6GB usage unlimited 2G for 1 month
huka.gif
Is this good?
I pay NZ$69 monthly and the plan include 1.5 GB carryover data :cray:

3G does not mean 21mbps speed. cellular providers hardly offer such speeds in India except 1 or 2 providers. BSNL, the national ISP is known to throttle 3G Data Speeds to 1-2mbps while IDEA(Birla) gives above 4mbps. this is the experience in non-metro areas though.
Usually it hovers between 6-8 Mbps on good sites.

I pay NZ$69 monthly and the plan include 1.5 GB carryover data
3500+ INR for 1.5 GB Data :o:
Are you kidding me? You can get Unlimited 3G data in India at this price :cheers: But Speed also matters :undecided: How much Download speed you are getting?

Usually it hovers between 6-8 Mbps on good sites.
yes....I've experienced. it happens only in city limits. cellular network strategy of providing good speeds in cities will work in other states, but for Kerala, a continuous UA from north to south with numerous towns, this strategy failed.

3500+ INR for 1.5 GB Data :o:
Are you kidding me? You can get Unlimited 3G data in India at this price :cheers: But Speed also matters :undecided: How much Download speed you are getting?
It's a Voice and Data plan with Unlimited calls and text to Australia and NZ.

Speed is usually around 5 Mbps on 3G.

Back
Top Bottom