What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

Iran can start by decimating Indian Intelligence Networks operating throughout Iran's Eastern regions, bordering Pakistan. How can we buy weapons from Iran when we see Iranians being complicit in tackling anti-Pakistani forces operating from its soil. That's why we have decided to fence our border with Iran as well.

Hindus hate all Muslims, and Iranians are no different for them. Go to Indian Twitter someday and search for Israel-Iran topic. They are all for Israel, and anti-Iran. Indians were making laughable memes on Gen. Soleimani when he was assassinated while Pakistanis were trending pro-Sulaimani trends. Hopefully Afghans, Iranians, GCC etc learns from Hindu vile hate for Islam soon enough.

agreed, ( like Allah always said you like them but they do not like you ) i for one have given up the Iran-PK border section and neither of our countries is serious about it, so i have moved on i do not see it end any time soon

Low frequency radars have amazing range. Would expand the quality and effectiveness of the Pak national command and control system.

I personally feel that Pak already has a few HQ-9s. More would be nice but I would advocate a local alternative to supplement the HQ-9. Even if this local system is based on tech from Nasr, and isn't particularly accurate or effective at shooting down, it would add a whole new dimension for ingressing Indian fighteres. Now they would have to meet PAF while having to maneuver away from SAMs simultaneously. That right there would really make the overall Pak IADS more effective.

I'm sorry, when did this happen?

I know they got the delivery in France, but none have taken the trip to India.
As long the items are handed over to client, it means delivered. Location is of not much importance. Planes are still their for training of initial batch of pilots, who once trained will fly them back. However, i wish that they may crash 1 of the jet with in a week

As long the items are handed over to client, it means delivered. Location is of not much importance. Planes are still their for training of initial batch of pilots, who once trained will fly them back. However, i wish that they may crash 1 of the jet with in a week
i hope your wish be fulfilled.

guys why does PK buy more weapons from China i mean look at Iran she is giving advanced weapons to its allies like for free in mass numbers why China do not do that it serves her interest to remit India by all means? i think Iran should invest in PK military heavily giving you guys anything you need even if its free of charge.
Pakistan has strong links with Iran, Turkey and China. We have a war pact and purchase any weapons.

yes, But still officially, one was handed over and received by IAF in France. It might still take time till it fly in Indian airspace.
They better keep it safe in France...

I have heard that the subcontinent especially the eastern side faces some signal issues sometimes, Disturbances, Crashes happen, Radars go blind :-)

So Rafale is better where it is right now

In a first, PAF installs anti-stealth radar

–Newly employed radar system caters for air threat posed by stealth jets including India’s just-acquired Rafale

LAHORE: Weeks after India received its first of the 36 Rafale fighter jets from France, open-source satellite imagery revealed the presence of a high-tech radar system – the China Electronics Technology Group Corporation’s (CETC) JY-27A – at the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) M. M. Alam airbase in Mianwali.

According to CETC, the JY-27A radar has the ability to detect low-observable (LO) or ‘stealth’ aircraft, including the French Dassault Rafale jets, at long-range. While its range is not yet revealed, military observers pegged its capability at roughly 500 km (310 miles).

In addition, the JY-27A is resistant to jamming and also provides situational awareness of incoming ballistic missiles.

Jane’s reported that imagery examination indicates the radar arrived between Jun 5 and Aug 29 and was not yet fully erected as of Sept 2.

EJkuZCer.jpg

Revealed at the 2016 Zhuhai Air Show, the system was advertised as VHF (very high frequency) radar, which offers 3-D electronic-scanning in azimuth and elevation.

Given the long-range detection capabilities of the radar, it would follow that Pakistan could procure a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) from its all-weather ally. Pakistan had, reportedly, expressed interest in three or four FD-2000 (i.e., the export variant of the HQ-9) long-range SAM systems from China.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/11/22/in-a-first-paf-installs-anti-stealth-radar/

The above clearly establishes the PAF AD has deployed JY-27 radars. but PAF AD has been using VERA, since 2005, and then VERA-ER. It is used in conjunction with TPS-77

2005 January 21,
04 SECSTATE 212634 Classified By: Deputy Political Counselor Mark Canning for reasons 1.4 (a) (b) (c) 1. (C) Reftel reported the request of the Czech government for the U.S. government's opinion on the potential sale of a passive surveillance system (PSS) to the Air Force of Pakistan. This cable offers additional technical and background information on the system.
Cable: 05PRAGUE106_a

http://www.era.cz/military-security/vera-ng

In a first, PAF installs anti-stealth radar

–Newly employed radar system caters for air threat posed by stealth jets including India’s just-acquired Rafale

LAHORE: Weeks after India received its first of the 36 Rafale fighter jets from France, open-source satellite imagery revealed the presence of a high-tech radar system – the China Electronics Technology Group Corporation’s (CETC) JY-27A – at the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) M. M. Alam airbase in Mianwali.

According to CETC, the JY-27A radar has the ability to detect low-observable (LO) or ‘stealth’ aircraft, including the French Dassault Rafale jets, at long-range. While its range is not yet revealed, military observers pegged its capability at roughly 500 km (310 miles).

In addition, the JY-27A is resistant to jamming and also provides situational awareness of incoming ballistic missiles.

Jane’s reported that imagery examination indicates the radar arrived between Jun 5 and Aug 29 and was not yet fully erected as of Sept 2.

EJkuZCer.jpg

Revealed at the 2016 Zhuhai Air Show, the system was advertised as VHF (very high frequency) radar, which offers 3-D electronic-scanning in azimuth and elevation.

Given the long-range detection capabilities of the radar, it would follow that Pakistan could procure a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) from its all-weather ally. Pakistan had, reportedly, expressed interest in three or four FD-2000 (i.e., the export variant of the HQ-9) long-range SAM systems from China.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/11/22/in-a-first-paf-installs-anti-stealth-radar/
Why do I see a bunch of F-6 in this image? Why they are being kept there?

guys why does PK buy more weapons from China i mean look at Iran she is giving advanced weapons to its allies like for free in mass numbers why China do not do that it serves her interest to limit India by all means? i think Iran should invest in PK military heavily giving you guys anything you need even if its free of charge.
Iran can start by decimating Indian Intelligence Networks operating throughout Iran's Eastern regions, bordering Pakistan. How can we buy weapons from Iran when we see Iranians being complicit in tackling anti-Pakistani forces operating from its soil. That's why we have decided to fence our border with Iran as well.

Hindus hate all Muslims, and Iranians are no different for them. Go to Indian Twitter someday and search for Israel-Iran topic. They are all for Israel, and anti-Iran. Indians were making laughable memes on Gen. Soleimani when he was assassinated while Pakistanis were trending pro-Sulaimani trends. Hopefully Afghans, Iranians, GCC etc learns from Hindu vile hate for Islam soon enough.
No more off topic posts please.

200 km (FD-2000 version)
250 km (HQ-9A version)
300+ km for HQ-9B version.

We should get HQ-9B then FD-2000, to work with this radar.

Back
Top Bottom