What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

Radar has dual function, it collect the data of Indian AF movement and also it will greatly help China to collect US or NATO stealth air asset movement around 500 miles radius, Indian Ocean, Afghanistan.

Similar to what India and US has in place, sharing of data received by each others platforms. It would be interesting to know where are similar assets deployed by Chinese along their border with India are, is the sharing of Data Bi-Directional or Uni-Directional and how much is passed on.

Does Pakistan operates Passive radar detectors from various areas to given them a frequency usage in the aerospace?

If you mean equipment to detect signals for updating library for future EW then yes.

If you mean using aircraft's own emissions to triangulate aircraft then I am not sure. I have heard about it but I have not seen it in real life/in images to confirm.

We don't boast like our eastern neighbors.

This one is KLJ-7A:
View attachment 591215 View attachment 591216

This one also is KLJ-7A:
View attachment 591217

And this one is also called KLJ-7A:
View attachment 591218 View attachment 591219

:p::p::p:

Well all of these variants are offered under 1 denomination of KLJ 7A radar having very distinct characteristics and specifications. The last one picture you posted is top of the line model based on technologies utilized in 5th generation fighters for all around situational awareness by extending radar detection angles to maximum possible levels. The middle one posted is simplest or lowest of them all with only one flat plate of TRMs. The first picture represents a compromise between almost 360° minus rear of fuselage detection radius and narrow angled flat, mechanically steered AESA radar. And I guess PAF selected the radar which is a compromise between the 5th Gen based top of the line variant and low end radar for its JF-17 block 3 as below.
img-fef9d494ece09d97491922af4c59464c.jpg

Last edited:
Well all of these variants are offered under 1 denomination of KLJ 7A radar having very distinct characteristics and specifications. The last one picture you posted is top of the line model based on technologies utilized in 5th generation fighters for all around situational awareness by extending radar detection angles to maximum possible levels. The middle one posted is simplest or lowest of them all with only one flat plate of TRMs. The first picture represents a compromise between almost 360° minus rear of fuselage detection radius and narrow angled flat, mechanically steered AESA radar. And I guess PAF selected the radar which is a compromise between the 5th Gen based top of the line variant and low end radar for its JF-17 block 3 as below.
View attachment 593264

As far as I know there is no official declaration of which radar has been selected unless I missed it

Only known fact both klj-7 and kxx 16 are candidates and avic favours -16

In a first, PAF installs anti-stealth radar

–Newly employed radar system caters for air threat posed by stealth jets including India’s just-acquired Rafale

LAHORE: Weeks after India received its first of the 36 Rafale fighter jets from France, open-source satellite imagery revealed the presence of a high-tech radar system – the China Electronics Technology Group Corporation’s (CETC) JY-27A – at the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) M. M. Alam airbase in Mianwali.

According to CETC, the JY-27A radar has the ability to detect low-observable (LO) or ‘stealth’ aircraft, including the French Dassault Rafale jets, at long-range. While its range is not yet revealed, military observers pegged its capability at roughly 500 km (310 miles).

In addition, the JY-27A is resistant to jamming and also provides situational awareness of incoming ballistic missiles.

Jane’s reported that imagery examination indicates the radar arrived between Jun 5 and Aug 29 and was not yet fully erected as of Sept 2.

EJkuZCer.jpg

Revealed at the 2016 Zhuhai Air Show, the system was advertised as VHF (very high frequency) radar, which offers 3-D electronic-scanning in azimuth and elevation.

Given the long-range detection capabilities of the radar, it would follow that Pakistan could procure a long-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) from its all-weather ally. Pakistan had, reportedly, expressed interest in three or four FD-2000 (i.e., the export variant of the HQ-9) long-range SAM systems from China.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/11/22/in-a-first-paf-installs-anti-stealth-radar/

guys why does PK buy more weapons from China i mean look at Iran she is giving advanced weapons to its allies like for free in mass numbers why China do not do that it serves her interest to limit India by all means? i think Iran should invest in PK military heavily giving you guys anything you need even if its free of charge.

Last edited:
guys why does PK buy more weapons from China i mean look at Iran she is giving advanced weapons to its allies like for free in mass numbers why China do not do that it serves her interest to remit India by all means? i think Iran should invest in PK military heavily giving you guys anything you need even if its free of charge.

Iran can start by decimating Indian Intelligence Networks operating throughout Iran's Eastern regions, bordering Pakistan. How can we buy weapons from Iran when we see Iranians being complicit in tackling anti-Pakistani forces operating from its soil. That's why we have decided to fence our border with Iran as well.

Hindus hate all Muslims, and Iranians are no different for them. Go to Indian Twitter someday and search for Israel-Iran topic. They are all for Israel, and anti-Iran. Indians were making laughable memes on Gen. Soleimani when he was assassinated while Pakistanis were trending pro-Sulaimani trends. Hopefully Afghans, Iranians, GCC etc learns from Hindu vile hate for Islam soon enough.

I'm sorry, when did this happen?

I know they got the delivery in France, but none have taken the trip to India.
yes, But still officially, one was handed over and received by IAF in France. It might still take time till it fly in Indian airspace.

Back
Top Bottom