What's new

Jordan welcomes 'big brother' Turkey’s return to Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullsh.t, West helping Turkey on Syria. Not the other way around...

What kind of a nationalistic regime calls it's leader a caliph?

Turks didn't betray Arabs in the history, it's the other way around. It's us who should be skeptical not you. I trust "west" more than I trust the middle-east rabble. They were our open enemies in history, there's no dishonor in that.

When you impose high taxes on poor people, confiscate their corps, impose Turkish language, Turkish control of all high management positions even in Arab areas, sick treatment of Arabs, extreme poverty, illiteracy, and lack of services in Arab areas... And guess what? That's not why Arabs revolted but the three main reasons are:

1- Seizing the power by The Committee of Union and Progress,
Committee of Union and Progress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2- CUP fought Islam and prevented learning Arabic language.
3 The massacre that was committed by Jamal Basha Al Saffah toward Arab intellectuals because they demanded autonomy. At this point this racist party had crossed the line and they had to be kicked out as Turkey under their rule lost the very last legitimate reason to rule Arabs.

And BTW it was Arabs who carried out the revolution, British provided money and weapon.

Bullsh.t, West helping Turkey on Syria. Not the other way around...

What kind of a nationalistic regime calls it's leader a caliph?

Turks didn't betray Arabs in the history, it's the other way around. It's us who should be skeptical not you. I trust "west" more than I trust the middle-east rabble. They were our open enemies in history, there's no dishonor in that.

Hello!!!:)

Read this very well:

Q: You said some Ottoman documents depicted the Arab national movement as a tool in the hands of foreign powers used to weaken the Ottoman state. What about the Turkish national movements such as the Young Turks and the Committee of Union and Progress? How were they depicted?

A: The Committee of Union and Progress was based on the Young Turks movement. Thessaloniki (modern day Greece) was known for its population of Jews who migrated from Spain and fled religious persecution in Europe in the late 19th century. Some argue that the migration of the Jews from Europe to the Ottoman state was plotted by the Jews and the Europeans under the pretence of religious persecution in order to sabotage the Ottoman state. However, I believe that the Jews encouraged nationalism amongst the Turks and were behind the establishment of the Young Turks and the Young Arab Society [Al Fatat] at the same time that was based in London.

Aziz al Masri was one of the leading founders of the Al Fatat party. It seems that both Sheikh Jamal al Din al Afghani and Sheikh Muhammad Abdo had ties with this movement. It is widely believed that they had links to the Freemasons however there is no evidence to support that. These accusations were frequently made because of the ‘Al Owra al Wuthqa’ magazine that was issued by al Afghani and Muhammad Abdo. This magazine was issued in Europe and entered the Arab states through the foreign postal system – that was not controlled by the Ottomans – and this was part of the foreign countries’ concessions in the Ottoman state. It supported the Arab national movements. Al Afghani was strictly monitored and was wanted by the Ottoman state; however, the sultan did not severely punish these figures, in fact he used to send them presents and invite them to the palace. The evidence is that Sheikh Muhammad Abdo loved sultan Abdul Hamid and considered him the caliph of Muslims. It is evident through the project that he launched to reform religious education in the Ottoman state, where Muhammad Abdo drafted it and Egypt was under the protection of the English.

History of the Arabs in the Ottoman Archives

If you keep looking back, you can never focus on your destination...Whats done is done..For whatever reason Arabs revolted, it doesnt matter anymore You can choose to hate them forever for this, but that wont be in Turkey`s best interest...That being said, i think Turkey`s approach to ME should be in the context of cooperation and mutual interests rather then trying to be the big brother of ME..

Pakistanis have to start reading, although I know all of this but I am trying to get them from Turkish and non-Arab sources, this is a proof that CUP party which seized the thrown was based on Turkish nationalism not Islam at all:

From the first half of the nineteenth century, when the spread of nationalism in the Balkans and the apparent weakness of the
Ottoman state vis-à-vis imperialist Europe strengthened disintegrationist movements in the empire, Ottomanism evolved as
a supranationalist ideology designed to arrest these trends by creating state patriotism and allegiance to the ruler
who embodied the state. A constantly redefined Ottomanism accommodated the many changes in the political fortunes of
the empire until its final partitioning at the end of World War I.

Ottomanism as conceived during the Tanzimat promoted an identity based on territory; predicated upon the political
equality of subjects regardless of religious affiliation and reinforced by a sense of loyalty to the House of Osman.

:mod:In short, We* are emotional people. For this reason, Ottoman collapsed.

*Turks, Arabs and other muslims. And also non-muslims in Ottoman.

If you keep looking back, you can never focus on your destination...Whats done is done..For whatever reason Arabs revolted, it doesnt matter anymore You can choose to hate them forever for this, but that wont be in Turkey`s best interest...That being said, i think Turkey`s approach to ME should be in the context of cooperation and mutual interests rather then trying to be the big brother of ME..

As a matter of fact, the vast majority of Arabs used to think of Turkey as a tourism destination, and that's all. We only read history about Ottoman era for exams and forget it the moment we finish them. No one really cares about Ottoman era here, but recently Arabs have started watching Turkish series (they love them including my entire family:cry:), Turkish songs and music as well as Tourism. However, since 6 years ago the star of Erdogan started to shine and they are overwhelmed by his "heroism". And that's it on the Arab side.

But on your side it seems you have been crying rivers over Arab "treason" for decades.

Anyway, you need to read others part of the story, and you are free to hate as long as you like but disrespect is not allowed.

When you impose high taxes on poor people, confiscate their corps, impose Turkish language, Turkish control of all high management positions even in Arab areas, sick treatment of Arabs, extreme poverty, illiteracy, and lack of services in Arab areas... And guess what? That's not why Arabs revolted but the three main reasons are:
What have you been smoking? Nobody even thought about switching the Arabic alphabet to another. Ottoman Empire never embraced nationalism in itself, throughout it's history all muslims regardless of ethnicity were considered first class citizens. War hit the empire, you've used the opportunity. That's it.

Seizing the power by The Committee of Union and Progress,
Seizing the power :D that's a good joke. The "caliph" was always the ultimate power, nobody seized it. CUP worked as an administrative office. Nothing more, nothing less.
CUP fought Islam and prevented learning Arabic language.
As i said total BS.
And BTW it was Arabs who carried out the revolution, British provided money and weapon.
Sinai and Palestine Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Battle of Rafa, January 1917
Main article: Battle of Rafa
On the evening of 8 January 1917, mounted units of Desert Column including the Anzac Mounted Division, the Imperial Camel Corps Brigade, the 5th Mounted Yeomanry Brigade, No. 7 Light Car Patrol and artillery, rode out of El Arish to attack the next day 9 January, a 2,000 to 3,000-strong Ottoman Army garrison at El Magruntein also known as Rafa or Rafah.
Also on 9 January four British aircraft bombed the German aerodrome at Beersheba during the afternoon and in the evening, on the way back saw a considerable enemy force near Weli Sheikh Nuran.
The British had reclaimed the northern section of the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula from enemy occupation, virtually to the frontier with the Ottoman Empire but the new British government of David Lloyd George wanted more. The British Army in Egypt was ordered to go on the offensive against the Ottoman Army in part to support the Arab revolt which had started early in 1916, and to build on the momentum created by the victories won at Romani in August and Magdhaba in December 1916.
This next strategic objective was on the border of the British Protectorate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire some 30 miles (48 km) distant, too far for infantry and so the newly formed Desert Column commanded by Chetwode was to attack the enemy occupied position along the coast.

Sure

What have you been smoking? Nobody even thought about switching the Arabic alphabet to another. Ottoman Empire never embraced nationalism in itself, throughout it's history all muslims regardless of ethnicity were considered first class citizens. War hit the empire, you've used the opportunity. That's it.

Seizing the power :D that's a good joke. The "caliph" was always the ultimate power, nobody seized it. CUP worked as an administrative office. Nothing more, nothing less.
As i said total BS.

Sinai and Palestine Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Battle of Rafa, January 1917
Main article: Battle of Rafa
On the evening of 8 January 1917, mounted units of Desert Column including the Anzac Mounted Division, the Imperial Camel Corps Brigade, the 5th Mounted Yeomanry Brigade, No. 7 Light Car Patrol and artillery, rode out of El Arish to attack the next day 9 January, a 2,000 to 3,000-strong Ottoman Army garrison at El Magruntein also known as Rafa or Rafah.
Also on 9 January four British aircraft bombed the German aerodrome at Beersheba during the afternoon and in the evening, on the way back saw a considerable enemy force near Weli Sheikh Nuran.
The British had reclaimed the northern section of the Egyptian Sinai Peninsula from enemy occupation, virtually to the frontier with the Ottoman Empire but the new British government of David Lloyd George wanted more. The British Army in Egypt was ordered to go on the offensive against the Ottoman Army in part to support the Arab revolt which had started early in 1916, and to build on the momentum created by the victories won at Romani in August and Magdhaba in December 1916.
This next strategic objective was on the border of the British Protectorate of Egypt and the Ottoman Empire some 30 miles (48 km) distant, too far for infantry and so the newly formed Desert Column commanded by Chetwode was to attack the enemy occupied position along the coast.

Sure

And at the end of the day, You are the one who is wondering what I was smocking?:girl_wacko:

Read my following posts, I knew you would come with utter nonsense reply,

Hello!!!:)

Read this very well:

Q: You said some Ottoman documents depicted the Arab national movement as a tool in the hands of foreign powers used to weaken the Ottoman state. What about the Turkish national movements such as the Young Turks and the Committee of Union and Progress? How were they depicted?

A: The Committee of Union and Progress was based on the Young Turks movement. Thessaloniki (modern day Greece) was known for its population of Jews who migrated from Spain and fled religious persecution in Europe in the late 19th century. Some argue that the migration of the Jews from Europe to the Ottoman state was plotted by the Jews and the Europeans under the pretence of religious persecution in order to sabotage the Ottoman state. However, I believe that the Jews encouraged nationalism amongst the Turks and were behind the establishment of the Young Turks and the Young Arab Society [Al Fatat] at the same time that was based in London.

Aziz al Masri was one of the leading founders of the Al Fatat party. It seems that both Sheikh Jamal al Din al Afghani and Sheikh Muhammad Abdo had ties with this movement. It is widely believed that they had links to the Freemasons however there is no evidence to support that. These accusations were frequently made because of the ‘Al Owra al Wuthqa’ magazine that was issued by al Afghani and Muhammad Abdo. This magazine was issued in Europe and entered the Arab states through the foreign postal system – that was not controlled by the Ottomans – and this was part of the foreign countries’ concessions in the Ottoman state. It supported the Arab national movements. Al Afghani was strictly monitored and was wanted by the Ottoman state; however, the sultan did not severely punish these figures, in fact he used to send them presents and invite them to the palace. The evidence is that Sheikh Muhammad Abdo loved sultan Abdul Hamid and considered him the caliph of Muslims. It is evident through the project that he launched to reform religious education in the Ottoman state, where Muhammad Abdo drafted it and Egypt was under the protection of the English.

History of the Arabs in the Ottoman Archives

At least read the conclusion in this document:
http://intersci.ss.uci.edu/wiki/eBooks/MidEast/BOOKS/Arabs and Young Turks Kayali.pdf

As a matter of fact, the vast majority of Arabs used to think of Turkey as a tourism destination, and that's all. We only read history about Ottoman era for exams and forget it the moment we finish them. No one really cares about Ottoman era here, but recently Arabs have started watching Turkish series (they love them including my entire family:cry:), Turkish songs and music as well as Tourism. However, since 6 years ago the star of Erdogan started to shine and they are overwhelmed by his "heroism". And that's it on the Arab side.

But on your side it seems you have been crying rivers over Arab "treason" for decades.

Anyway, you need to read others part of the story, and you are free to hate as long as you like but disrespect is not allowed.
Who said something about hate?
You should relax we dont hate nobody,personal opinions aside.
As a nation we want peace in the country and in the world.

Why do you talk like watching Turkish series is bad? If your family loves watching Turkish series they should.

In Azerbaijan it is also populiar

Why do you talk like watching Turkish series is bad? If your family loves watching Turkish series they should.

In Azerbaijan it is also populiar

I hated that Mohanned and Noor series :hitwall:, Turkish series won't just end, one after one after another, and they are all about the very same silly story, as usual x loves y and they go against odds and finally they get married :girl_wacko:

I didn't know so many Arabs were still treacherous. When I read their comments, I hope not all Arabs think like the ones on PDF.They rather go to bed with a Brit than doing business with a brother.

I didn't know so many Arabs were still treacherous. When I read their comments, I hope not all Arabs think like the ones on PDF.They rather go to bed with a Brit than doing business with a brother.

Brother my azz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom