What's new

Jordan welcomes 'big brother' Turkey’s return to Middle East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ir.Tab.

Reaction score
Jordan’s PM welcomes the return of Turkey, which he described as ‘the big brother,’ to the Middle East. ‘Turkey has had a very important comeback,’ he says

Believing that a secular and modern Turkey could contribute more to averting sectarian or any other sort of conflicts in the Middle East, the Jordanian prime minister welcomed the return of Turkey, whom he called big brother, to the Middle East.

“Turkey has had a very important, very impressive comeback to the Middle East, to where it belongs. We, in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, are very happy that we witnessed the changes in Turkey that brought our big brother to the region,” Jordanian Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour told a group of Turkish journalists visiting the country prior to King Abdullah’s trip to Turkey next week.

Jordan and Turkey have common problems stemming from the Syrian crisis, which has caused hundreds of Syrians to flee both to its northern and southern neighbors. This has been an especially huge burden for Jordan, who is currently struggling through dire days both economically and politically.

Given the circumstances, Turkey’s return as a powerful country to the Middle East is welcomed by Jordan, according to its prime minister. “We do not look at it as a foreign power trying to find a place in the region. We find it very wise and strategic look of Turkey,” the Jordanian prime minister said. Referring to ongoing regional conflict and instability, Ensour said Jordan, as a small nation, needed Turkish presence in the region more than anyone else and recalled that the Middle East has always been instable since World War I, which actually ended 300 years of Ottoman rule in the region.

It was interesting to hear Turkey described as a “big brother” in a rather positive sense from a senior politician of a Middle Eastern country as this is commonly used in defaming Ottoman rule in the region and criticizing neo-Ottomanism moves in modern Turkey.

“This has been our position ever since. We’ve always had the best relations with Turkey. Every other Arab country has had a change of heart regarding Turkey,” he stressed, without elaborating further.

When asked what Turkey could do contribute to the region as a big brother, the prime minister replied “You know very well the challenges in the region, especially sectarian conflicts. That’s very bad. You are a laique [secular] country. And therefore the best efforts to prevent this could come from Turkey.”

Praising the achievements made in Turkey during the rule of President Abdullah Gül and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan that turned the nation into a powerful country and a good example for regional countries, the prime minister said that Turkey, under the current government, stands as a good example of a modern Islam.

“We very much welcome this. Look, Islam is being targeted everywhere in the world. What we need is to show them the best practices, the best examples. ‘Hey, hold on’ we should tell them. ‘Look here [in Turkey], Islam could work. Islam could be open, could be clear, could be pacific, could accept others, could be moderate and could not be brutal.’ In this sense, there are so many things Turkey can offer,” he stated.

Turkish support for refugee crisis

Making clear that he was following Turkish politics very closely by recalling that three deputies had gone to visit İmralı island as part of the government’s initiative to solve the Kurdish question, Ensour cited the launching of a special TV broadcasting in Kurdish and the openness shown toward Kurds as very important and appraisable moves.

Trying to survive huge economic problems amid a political reform campaign, Jordan is also trying to deal with a refugee problem that grows every day. There are 4,000 to 5,000 people fleeing Syria every day, crossing the border into Jordan, officials say. As of Feb. 24 the registered number of refugees was 402,000. But according to Ensour, unregistered people bring this number as high as 800,000 to 900,000. “You are the first non-Jordanian journalist ever hearing this figure. This has never been told by a senior Jordanian official,” he said.

“We need your support as a country that shares with us the Syrian problem to attract special attention [of the international community] on what’s going on in Syria,” Ensour said.

February/25/2013

Jordanian MP is a straight and honest politician, but he can be sentimental sometimes and he is known of throwing complements such as this "big brother". The king, who happens to be the great grandson of Alshareef Al-Hussien Bin Ali, is the only legitimate inheritor of the leadership of the Great Arab Revolution which we, Jordanians, are very keen to keep it alive through learning about it and celebrating it's anniversary every year. It's very important to us and it gets allot of attention in our history books. Therefore I doubt that the regime would be comfortable with Turkish influence on the expense of Arab interests, I really doubt that, although it welcomes positive influence based on cooperation, mutual interests and defusing tensions in the region.

However, Jordanians and Arab people in general look up to Turkey and most the time over exaggerate praising Erdogan's pro-Arab slogans, and that's not right considering that Iran followed the same path by pretending to be pro-Arab and ended up plotting against them, the fact that our regimes were always aware of while the people have just recently started getting it.

I am not saying Turkey is Iran, but no politician is innocent.

How can you even think of compairing us to Iran?
Your regimes finally found out that we turks are the good ones,just admit it.

You indeed are the good ones, but believe me that no politician is innocent, Erdogan is an Islamist and he believes in Muslim Ummah, and he will not spare any chance to spread his country influence over other countries, and according to him, he is by this following Allah orders and doing good to Muslims, while this will only awaken Arab-Turk rivalry and the region will get phucked up even more.

We are grateful for the Turkish heroic stance with Arabs but this doesn't mean to sponsor us. We would make a great alliance through building trusty relationship that's built on mutual interests.

I am saying this because I watched a TV speech for Erdogan defaming Al-Shareef AlHussien Bin Ali whom is a national hero for Arabs, and recalling Ottoman might. A very big question mark arose in my head of his real intentions of the recent change in Turkish foreign policy.

Anyway, this is my opinion and unfortunately many Arabs don't agree with it. Look, what I am saying is that Turkish-Arab cooperation is a must but not on the expense of Arabs.

You indeed are the good ones, but believe me that no politician is innocent, Erdogan is an Islamist and he believes in Muslim Ummah, and he will not spare any chance to spread his country influence over other countries, and according to him, he is by this following Allah orders and doing good to Muslims, while this will only awaken Arab-Turk rivalry and the region will get phucked up even more.

We are grateful for the Turkish heroic stance with Arabs but this doesn't mean to sponsor us. We would make a great alliance through building trusty relationship that's built on mutual interests.

I am saying this because I watched a TV speech for Erdogan defaming Al-Shareef AlHussien Bin Ali whom is a national hero for Arabs, and recalling Ottoman might. A very big question mark arose in my head of his real intentions of the recent change in Turkish foreign policy.

Anyway, this is my opinion and unfortunately many Arabs don't agree with it. Look, what I am saying is that Turkish-Arab cooperation is a must but not on the expense of Arabs.

??????????? Do you know the Turkish History of Prime Minister ?

They always going this way :

ataturk3.jpg

You should not worry about Erdogan,if it comes to changing Turkey into Muslim Ummah he will be surprised.
People just like him cause of the economic developments,no other reason.
He made so many mistakes,people waking up now.

The Turks should quickly get out of the sand-quick of the World called the Middle-East before it is too late.

@Aegis DDG

The Turks was Leader and the Protector of the Quick-Sand.

Maybe the West should go turn back ,before it´s too Late !
@BLACKEAGLE

M.Kemal Atatürk was an Ottoman General after Atatürk.

His Mother was Muslim ,his Father ,and he was it too.

What about you talking ? too much Iranian Propaganda here during the Cold War Era.

Stop talking about old shitty thinks who get´s there Answer a few Years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you give me a source to this? I wasn't able to find it on google and I wish to read more about this.

May I ask you something if it does not offend you.

I m an outsider to what happened when the Ottoman Empire collapsed. But how can we the Muslims incite and conspire against fellow Muslims in league with our known enemies and then celebrate our victories as great achievements?

Isn't it true that Sharif of Mecca and Shareef Al-Hussain of Jordan conspired with the British to get their independence from the Ottomans? How is that a cause of celebration? I can understand it to be a cause of celebration if we have reduced ourselves to our nationalities, being Arabs, Turks, Asians etc. But this is a sad truth of our present.

So the countries broke out from a Muslim influence to fall into laps of western influence. No wonder countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many smaller Gulf states are today in the complete influence of western powers.

We the Muslims are where we are because we lack unity and are happy in sphere of influence of powers who have not been kind to us and re in fact at odds with us when it comes to our interests.

I dont condone the lap dog status that Pakistan has too. But this is a larger Muslim problem of our time where while we have independent countries, we are not fully independent.

I did not mean to offend anyone. So please dont take it that way.

By the way, I m visiting Jordan inshallah in the first week of May :) :)

Brother, we have known this all along. That is why we love Turkish People.

We love Kemal Ataturk and today even Mr. Erdogan is also very Popular in Pakistan because to us he represents Turkiye.

May I ask you something if it does not offend you.

I m an outsider to what happened when the Ottoman Empire collapsed. But how can we the Muslims incite and conspire against fellow Muslims in league with our known enemies and then celebrate our victories as great achievements?

It's a long story which you can Google, BUT, to make it much easier for you to get, follow this analogy:

Turkey is helping the West against Syrian regime, does that mean that Turkey collaborated with the enemies of Islam against a Muslim country?

Plz be noted that the Turkish regime at the time was nationalist rather than Muslim.

Isn't it true that Sharif of Mecca and Shareef Al-Hussain of Jordan conspired with the British to get their independence from the Ottomans? How is that a cause of celebration? I can understand it to be a cause of celebration if we have reduced ourselves to our nationalities, being Arabs, Turks, Asians etc. But this is a sad truth of our present.

Plz Google it, you will find the answers to all of your questions.
So the countries broke out from a Muslim influence to fall into laps of western influence. No wonder countries like Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many smaller Gulf states are today in the complete influence of western powers.

I don't believe in Western influence thingy to begin with.
We the Muslims are where we are because we lack unity and are happy in sphere of influence of powers who have not been kind to us and re in fact at odds with us when it comes to our interests.

Muslims are backstabbing eachothers my brother right now.
I dont condone the lap dog status that Pakistan has too. But this is a larger Muslim problem of our time where while we have independent countries, we are not fully independent.
Well, I don't know about Pakistan but independent is a relative term, believe it or not, Americans used to accuse the govs of being a lap dog to KSA because they were dependent on their oil and petrodollar system.:lol:
I did not mean to offend anyone. So please dont take it that way.

By the way, I m visiting Jordan inshallah in the first week of May :) :)
Don't be rediculous, you will be soon our guest, you just say whatever you want...:P

It's a long story which you can Google, BUT, to make it much easier for you to get, follow this analogy:

Turkey is helping the West against Syrian regime, does that mean that Turkey collaborated with the enemies of Islam against a Muslim country?
Bullsh.t, West helping Turkey on Syria. Not the other way around...
Plz be noted that the Turkish regime at the time was nationalist rather than Muslim.
What kind of a nationalistic regime calls it's leader a caliph?

Turks didn't betray Arabs in the history, it's the other way around. It's us who should be skeptical not you. I trust "west" more than I trust the middle-east rabble. They were our open enemies in history, there's no dishonor in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom