What's new

Jordan takes delivery of ex-Dutch F-16s

I mean the operator can see the camera itself if that's what you are saying. An operator's command takes 1.2 seconds to reach the drone via a satellite link. That's what the little dish with the antenna pointing out is.

For example this is what I mean from man in the loop, hell they could operate the missiles from deep inside Saudi Arabia.

Probably because they were cancelled but they are very effective weapons in terms of standoff distance (100 miles) and loiter time (30 minutes) and also proposed cost which is very cheap at 30000 dollars.
Ok they are really cheap

Yes, you got it!
I still think the USAF must have meditated on all possibilities.. so those little cheap cruise missiles are mostly tactical ones to be used after a SEAD operation to clean what is left ..
From what I understand they were built to attack TELs because of the low RCS, probably the same as a stealth fighter if you think of the size. For Saudi Arabia they could prove effective and could be launched from drones, helicopters, probably even the AN-132 in gunship version. You think a little outside help would be needed for it to happen?
Anyway thank you for considering my idea, I thought about this for a couple of months now but was not sure if it would work, and Saudi Arabia has commercial satellites so that may be of use a little but not enough for them all to be orbiting earth at the same time.

From what I understand they were built to attack TELs because of the low RCS, probably the same as a stealth fighter if you think of the size. For Saudi Arabia they could prove effective and could be launched from drones, helicopters, probably even the AN-132 in gunship version. You think a little outside help would be needed for it to happen?
I am quite sure that if KSA was interested, we would have heard some news about it..So understand that Saudi Arabia won't go for anything made in the US that is not operational there.. the same for other weapon systems from around the world.. I personally like the idea.. but there must be better systems to do the same task and that is why it wasn't developed further..

Last edited:
I am quite sure that if KSA was interested, we would have heard some news about it..So understand tha Saudi Arabia won't go for anything made in the US that is not operational there.. the same for other weapon systems from around the world.. I personally like the idea.. but there must be better systems to do the same task and that is why it wasn't developed further..
I don't think anything can do its job as good but if you can find an example I will look at it, this Turkish person on the forum said smart-bombs were better but they cant loiter, have short range, and have a completely different job. I guess if they got get what TELs look like they could be useful with LADAR as this statement says "During recent tests at Eglin AFB, Fla., Lockheed Martin Vought System's Low- Cost Autonomous Attack Systems (Locaas) vehicle demonstrated its ability to glide to a specified area, search and locate a designated target. The Locaas selected a Scud missile launcher situated among tanks, identified the target and simulated a direct hit on the launcher."
Found a more detailed article and you can read it if you like https://media.defense.gov/2001/May/07/2001714084/-1/-1/1/01-106.pdf

I don't think anything can do its job as good but if you can find an example I will look at it, this Turkish person on the forum said smart-bombs were better but they cant loiter, have short range, and have a completely different job. I guess if they got get what TELs look like they could be useful with LADAR as this statement says "During recent tests at Eglin AFB, Fla., Lockheed Martin Vought System's Low- Cost Autonomous Attack Systems (Locaas) vehicle demonstrated its ability to glide to a specified area, search and locate a designated target. The Locaas selected a Scud missile launcher situated among tanks, identified the target and simulated a direct hit on the launcher."
Found a more detailed article and you can read it if you like https://media.defense.gov/2001/May/07/2001714084/-1/-1/1/01-106.pdf
Suicide drones can do that too.. but as I said..it seems good to me..so let's wait and see where it goes..

Suicide drones can do that too.. but as I said..it seems good to me..so let's wait and see where it goes..
gallery-1462396380-ch901.jpg

But the CH-901, shown off at the Defence Services Asia expo, is China's first tactical attack drone. It has two configurations, carrying either an explosive warhead or additional cameras and a recovery parachute.

gallery-1462396380-ch901.jpg

But the CH-901, shown off at the Defence Services Asia expo, is China's first tactical attack drone. It has two configurations, carrying either an explosive warhead or additional cameras and a recovery parachute.
This is the only Kamikaze drone in the world wich flies self remotely

As the submunition spins while almost hovering in mid-air above the target area, each BLU-108 cylinder will throw four individual sub-submuntions, known as 'Skeets,' from its body. Each Skeet is slung in a different direction at a 90 degree vector from the now empty BLU-108 cylinder. As these hockey puck-like Skeets fly through the air while rapidly spinning, a small infrared imager and laser ranging system activates on each one. The infrared seeker rapidly scans the ground below for an enemy vehicle or weapons fixture that it can recognize, while the laser ranger provides a ground contour map.

Trucks, armored personnel carriers and main battle tanks are not the only targets the BLU-108's Skeets can recognize and engage. Surface-to-air missile launchers, radars and even parked aircraft and support equipment can also be recognized and prioritized, giving the system a destruction of enemy air defenses (DEAD) and airfield attack capability as well as an anti-armor role.

The Skeet's dual mode laser and infrared seeker compares imagery and dimensional information of what they 'see' with data stored in their memory banks. They can then rapidly classify what is a target and what is not. Since each Skeet was slung in a different direction upon deployment from the spinning BLU-108 submunition, there is little chance that more than one Skeet targets the same vehicle, aircraft or weapons fixture during the attack.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/how-dumb-cluster-bombs-got-heinously-smart-1673486769

Why is Jordan selling and buying F-16s ?

I thought the overall plan was to either standardize on euro fighter or F-15s ?

Paf should sell them our f16's as well. Acquire more if jf17 or j10.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom