What's new

Jordan takes delivery of ex-Dutch F-16s

Is it even possible to upgrade the older A/B model to V standard? Dont think so, and even if it was then you could aswell buy new aircrafts with the pricetag that comes attached with it.
Yes you can upgrade them, Taiwan did it with their F-16A's. Besides the cost for twenty that Bahrain upgraded was 1 billion so in theory all of Jordan's could be upgraded with about 4 billion, and it would be cheaper than buying new planes as 70 fighter jets is at least 10-20 billion dollars.
https://www.dsca.mil/major-arms-sal...de-f-16-block-40-aircraft-f-16v-configuration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_China_Air_Force

Do you have something positiv to share cuz every single thread is full of your insults against arabs !
I assume not, he's Amazigh and thinks Arabs and Islam hate his people and tries to defame and bitch about them.

Last edited:
Off-topic but I read Saudi Arabia was purchasing light close air support aircraft. If so in your opinion which plane will be selected?
KSA wanted the same one as the US army to replace the A-10.. but nothing was up to the task.. so we'll see when one comes up for the US army..

Also, @The SC
Do you think Saudi Arabia has the expertise to make a mini-cruise missile without or with limited foreign help. I heard about a cancelled U.S. program to develop one that is about 3 feet and 10 inches long, and weighs about 100 pounds. It uses a turbojet with 30-50 pounds of thrust and can be used against SAM's and armored formations and had a range of roughly 100 miles, or 30 minutes. After being launched from a weapon platform, it is guided by GPS/INS to the target general area, where it can loiter. A laser radar (LIDAR or LADAR) illuminates the targets, determines their range, and matches their 3-D geometry with pre-loaded signatures. The LOCAAS system then selects the highest priority target and selects the warhead's mode for the best effect.
I honestly think Saudi Arabia could do it, but as far as integration onto weapons systems that may be hard. It could have been launched from the F-15SE with the capacity for 20 of them by using a dispenser called the SUU-64 in use by the military today. If an imaging infrared seeker was used and if it could be controlled from aircraft, or helicopters (AH-64 for example), or even from the ground this would provide an effective way to destroy SAM systems of launched in a barrage. I'm not getting everything, so if you want to learn more I will provide you some links and maybe a video or two.
Skip to 5 minutes for info about the LOCAAS.
locaas3.jpg

locaas-pic3.jpg

locaas-pic2.jpg
Yes KSA can make it _or similar_ and it can be integrated on the Saudi Saqr-1 and CH-X drones..

KSA wanted the same one as the US army to replace the A-10.. but nothing was up to the task.. so we'll see when one comes up for the US army..

Yes KSA can make it _or similar_ and it can be integrated on the Saudi Saqr-1 and CH-X drones..
How would they be controlled though? Man in the loop?

Let me get this straight, Pakistan Air Force bought Jordanian Air Force's F-16s which were surplus. Now I read that Jordan has gone ahead and bought Dutch F-16s? Is it just me or does this feel like the Jordanians wanted to get rid of their old junk and we bought them on the cheap? Why didn't Pakistan Air Force just straight up buy the Dutch F-16s? And if they were already sold to Jordan, than why not Belgian, or Danish, or Norwegian F-16s? All of these countries are transitioning to F-35s. So what seems to be the problem with buying F-16s from any of these countries? Is America blocking the sales?
Pakistan bought them as way to by pass Congress it was a relief from US Administration

Is it even possible to upgrade the older A/B model to V standard? Dont think so, and even if it was then you could aswell buy new aircrafts with the pricetag that comes attached with it.
Only A/Bs from Taiwan and Portugal (PA-I yes, PA-II no), they were built from Block-30 C/D structures.

How are the American ones controlled?
GPS/Inertial for mid course and LADAR for terminal phase, but I would think an imaging infrared would be better, for example they missiles could be controlled by a ground operator that could tell a missile to loiter and engage SAM systems, attack tanks, assassinations just because I don't like autonomous systems like that. So I was right in assuming that Saudi Arabia could produce it, but tell me which guidance you think would be best.

GPS/Inertial for mid course and LADAR for terminal phase, but I would think an imaging infrared would be better, for example they missiles could be controlled by a ground operator that could tell a missile to loiter and engage SAM systems, attack tanks, assassinations just because I don't like autonomous systems like that. So I was right in assuming that Saudi Arabia could produce it, but tell me which guidance you think would be best.
This is also the biggest question are those systems in our fighter jets controlled independently or by an operator

A ground operator!? you need to get behind enemy lines first..that is easy said than done..Autonomous systems, like INS are very important in modern missiles, add GPS, Glonas or Beidoo..infrared and laser guidance.. the whole scheme is about avoiding human loss.. man in the loop is important only in total wars or when you can get near your enemy defences easily..

My god kuffar tactics be like: buy our jets operate them autonomously because if you attack us we get the control back on the cockpit!

A ground operator!? you need to get behind enemy lines first..that is easy said than done..Autonomous systems, like INS are very important in modern missiles, add GPS, Glonas or Beidoo..infrared and laser guidance.. the whole scheme is about avoiding human loss.. man in the loop is important only in total wars or when you can get near your enemy defences easily..
Scary shi t I would say
But a good intention to go self reliant

Last edited:
My god kuffar tactics be like: buy our jets operate them autonomously because if you attack us we get the control back on the cockpit!

Scary shi t I would say
But a good intention to go self reliant
We were talking about a mini-cruise missile that Saudi Arabia could produce. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Cost_Autonomous_Attack_System Read my other posts about this if you need reference.

They can be controlled via satellite maybe, in the same way MQ-9 reapers are operated from Nevada while being half the world away in Pakistan.

Yes that is what GPS, Glonas and Beidoo are.. satellites.
I mean the operator can see the camera itself if that's what you are saying. An operator's command takes 1.2 seconds to reach the drone via a satellite link. That's what the little dish with the antenna pointing out is.

For example this is what I mean from man in the loop, hell they could operate the missiles from deep inside Saudi Arabia.

wtf i have never heard about those things
Probably because they were cancelled but they are very effective weapons in terms of standoff distance (100 miles) and loiter time (30 minutes) and also proposed cost which is very cheap at 30000 dollars.

I mean the operator can see the camera itself if that's what you are saying. An operator's command takes 1.2 seconds to reach the drone via a satellite link. That's what the little dish with the antenna pointing out is.

For example this is what I mean from man in the loop, hell they could operate the missiles from deep inside Saudi Arabia.
Yes, you got it!
I still think the USAF must have meditated on all possibilities.. so those little cheap cruise missiles are mostly tactical ones to be used after a SEAD operation to clean what is left ..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom