What's new

Joint Exercise ACES Meet 2017

Before my posting in SA which was for a short while, i had multiple briefings & the one clear message was to remember every second Saudi is a spy - until proven otherwise. The same i feel can be said about their 'fancy toys'.

You are comparing light weight 30,000 lbs full load fighter vs heavy weight twin engine almost 70-80,000 lbs full load fighter. Sweden [emoji1236] jas-39 and Saab awacs combination concept has proved that one can live with light weight against heavy weight the only role ie long range interception and attack is only role where you need heavy weights in case of paf that role is being fulfilled by block 52 with Cft and jf with aar

There are not many air force which can afford 25-30k $ cost per flight hour

Absolutely amazing that these birds have been flying since 1980 and still look brand new. These guys will be employed most likely in the air-to-air role. Would've been great if they brought their new SAs with them but I guess they still need time for IOC.
IOC done, long time ago, maybe you meant FOC?

@Khafee , haza ya rafiuqa ....wala tarjama darkar shadeed.
The Colonel is saying what I mentioned earlier, that they are from the King Abdul Aziz Air Base, and are participating with F15 C's and D's, in a training exercise at the advanced air warfare center, with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan's Air Force, and Armed Forces, as well as the Democratic (republic of) Turkey's Air Force.

C are the older ones. S are newer, and then the latest SA.

The "C"s from 13th Sqdn., 3rd Wing are based in Dhahran, King Abdul Aziz Air Base. They specialize in Air Superiority roles.

IOC done, long time ago, maybe you meant FOC?

The Colonel is saying what I mentioned earlier, that they are from the King Abdul Aziz Air Base, and are participating with F15 C's and D's, in a training exercise at the advanced air warfare center, with the Islamic Republic of Pakistan's Air Force, and Armed Forces, as well as the Democratic (republic of) Turkey's Air Force.
I'm unaware exactly by the current status of the new jets that are joining their squadrons. Maybe past IOC, not sure about FOC yet.

Probably not during this current exercise as it would not satisfy the House of Saud's current isolation of Qatar. They might come during another time unless cooler heads prevail by allowing them to attend or observe the current ACES 17 exercise.

Have you seen our Sherdils leader, our Air Chief or Group Captains....they're good pilots but pretty good at bellyfighting as well....
Air chair won't be flying combat missions. Their pilots are. If you get shot down where do you run to???? The bakery?

Air chair won't be flying combat missions. Their pilots are. If you get shot down where do you run to???? The bakery?
You should see most of the pilots on and above the rank of Wing Commanders in PAF.....bellyfighters zindabad. Very few maintain themselves in good shape. And no....they don't run to the bakery....at least my old man was lucky to have been fit enough to make it to the Afghan-Pakistan border after getting shot down.

Before my posting in SA which was for a short while, i had multiple briefings & the one clear message was to remember every second Saudi is a spy - until proven otherwise. The same i feel can be said about their 'fancy toys'.

Spy on who?

Mass briefing session before lightening the afterburners.

DMR9wHpXUAE3WYz.jpg

DMR9wHoWsAEgFBj.jpg

DMR9wHjXUAACB3i.jpg

You mean a lot of ELINT will be going on in the Eagles?

I cheked khalid 's twitter he mentioned Sudan Egypt KSA with their assets .So the turks r here let's see who shows up as well with assets .
U took his post totally wrong..what he said was that RSAF just concluded their aerial drills aka Faisal 11 with the Egyptians before coming to Pakistan and there was no mentioning of Sudan as far as I know..

Probably not during this current exercise as it would not satisfy the House of Saud's current isolation of Qatar. They might come during another time unless cooler heads prevail by allowing them to attend or observe the current ACES 17 exercise.

Have you seen our Sherdils leader, our Air Chief or Group Captains....they're good pilots but pretty good at bellyfighting as well....
Met Sherdils No.1 at recent passing out and he indeed was No.1 in bellyfighting aswell.

Back
Top Bottom