What's new

Joint Exercise ACES Meet 2017

airomerix

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is nice to be here after a long time with some exciting news.

RSAF F-15SA's and TuAF F-16 Block 52s have landed at Mushaf AFB, Sargodha to participate in 'ACES MEET 2017".

Will be posting more information and possibly pictures in the coming days.

Cheers.

RSAF F-15SA's and TuAF F-16 Block 52s have landed at Mushaf AFB, Sargodha to participate in 'ACES MEET 2017".

Cheers.
Only these 2 countries ?or more coming to exercise?

Cheers.
I think you mean TuAF Block 50s....they do not operate Block 52s. Just a slight correction.

PAF can use all theior assets .JF17 is there and will be used .
QUOTE="Advocate Pakistan, post: 9937934, member: 183298"]Most probably PAF F-16s. Though I have seen pictures of F-7 with the Raptor previously.[/QUOTE]

I think thy will use it atleast against close friendly airforces, u donot get these events every day and if u donot test yur backbone fighter then meaning of hosting this big exercise will not be fully achieved

@Windjammer

Any idea what kind of exercises they'll carry out?
ACE is geared towards training air crews in the conduct of air ops in CI environments. Its about as much of ISR as it is about targeting and conducting strikes in support of ground forces. The reason for doing this is to increase Air Force to Air Force interaction and also because PAF is one of very few air arms that have conducted very large scale, sustained operations in support of Corps level formations. This means that not only was the scale of operations taken on by the PAF very large, but it also required significant integration of the PAF with the ground forces. All of these things were learned piecemeal by the PAF and with ACE, the idea is to impart this knowledge (best practices and tactics) to other friendly Air Forces involved in similar campaigns. PAF has not had to do a hard sell on this because most of the friendly countries have seen the way the CI operation was conducted by the PAF and PA over the past years.

For the more conventional air to air training, PAF has other options including hosting friendly Air Forces at CCS or attending MNExs. I am sure if the Saudis and Turks are coming in, there will be some air to air training as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom