What's new

JF17:---More Hard Points Bigger Engine---Why!!!!!

IMG_3115.JPG

According to one source, the prototype & demonstrator have a max thrust of 98-100 kN while the goal is to eventually reach 110 kN.

110 kn should be more than enough to achieve a TWR of over 1.0 for the current configured JF-17, and hopefully will allow the designers to loading more sensors on the Block III Design. The higher thrust could also be harnessed in a revised design to allow the JF-17 to super-cruise akin to the Gripen NG super-cruising with the higher end model of the GE 414 engine.

IMG_4544.JPG

L-15 wings

It’s span is same as jf about 9 plus meter with three underwing and wingtip hardpoints

If only adding hardpoints was as easy as putting lines on a picture... you do realize the further away from the root of the wing you get the greater the moment of any added weight is, putting stress on the wing structure. Also the wing chord tapers as we move along the wingspan therefore less structural strength to add heavier weight.

It requires considerable amount of strength improvement in the whole airframe and specifically the wings to add extra hardpoints. Which all adds to the weight of the plane, and if the engine is not improved to account for the additional weight the overall performance of the jet decreases.

Whole JF17 should've been aimed at taking on both Mig21 and F16 roles so we can focus on air superiority in Project Azm. So JFT should've been a bit bigger in size and punch it delivers.

Whole JF17 should've been aimed at taking on both Mig21 and F16 roles so we can focus on air superiority in Project Azm. So JFT should've been a bit bigger in size and punch it delivers.
Shoulda coulda woulda ... but we have to work with what we have now. In my non-trained opinion, the only way to see an additional hardpoint is if we redesign the entire wing. Could make it bigger, use lighter materials to save on weight or utilize current hardpoints with multiple ejector pylons. The least costly and time wise would be the latter and I think its what is realistic as well. When we will actually see it, who knows, but would be good to have.

I agree multiple ejector pylon is way forward for JF17 or cfts to free up some space from drop tranks.
Shoulda coulda woulda ... but we have to work with what we have now. In my non-trained opinion, the only way to see an additional hardpoint is if we redesign the entire wing. Could make it bigger, use lighter materials to save on weight or utilize current hardpoints with multiple ejector pylons. The least costly and time wise would be the latter and I think its what is realistic as well. When we will actually see it, who knows, but would be good to have.

Who deleted my post without reason and why?
This forum has gone to the dogs

This forum has become dubious. If you catch my drift.

As posted in the Block 3 thread!

Do you have a life outside this obsession "the JF-17 MUST have additional hardpoints"!!???

This is a plain stupid, old, and IMO very much wrong fan made artwork - sometimes I think it was done by you - and I don't know how often you already posted this image? It's annoying and close to the contsant postings of a certain member in the J-20 thread who repeatedly claimed the J-20 already uses a +240kN WS-15.:hitwall:

As posted in the Block 3 thread!

Do you have a life outside this obsession "the JF-17 MUST have additional hardpoints"!!???

This is a plain stupid, old, and IMO very much wrong fan made artwork - sometimes I think it was done by you - and I don't know how often you already posted this image? It's annoying and close to the contsant postings of a certain member in the J-20 thread who repeatedly claimed the J-20 already uses a +240kN WS-15.:hitwall:
With due respect, this is out of line.

This is a JF-17 thread, one literally about hardpoints no less. So the post isn't off-topic.

Literally, the poster's only crime is digging in deeper and talking about it more frequently, perhaps a little too frequently for your interests, in which case, you don't need to chastise him or call his interests stupid.

Your post is off-topic, demeaning, and doesn't contribute anything on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom