What's new

JF17:---More Hard Points Bigger Engine---Why!!!!!

With due respect, this is out of line.

This is a JF-17 thread, one literally about hardpoints no less. So the post isn't off-topic.

Literally, the poster's only crime is digging in deeper and talking about it more frequently, perhaps a little too frequently for your interests, in which case, you don't need to chastise him or call his interests stupid.

Your post is off-topic, demeaning, and doesn't contribute anything on this thread.
You are right, it wasn't stupid at all. Infact if that picture is posted more often, JF-17 will definitely get the extra hard points it shows.

You are right, it wasn't stupid at all. Infact if that picture is posted more often, JF-17 will definitely get the extra hard points it shows.
Even if it was stupid, or annoying, or whatever, do we need mods calling members dumb? People will repeat the things they believe in or really want to know all the time, it's what people do. We should get over these things; ignore and move on. A moderator ought to reserve their weight on a forum for people insulting others, or trolling, and such actions. Not over-enthusiasm.

With due respect, this is out of line.

This is a JF-17 thread, one literally about hardpoints no less. So the post isn't off-topic.

Literally, the poster's only crime is digging in deeper and talking about it more frequently, perhaps a little too frequently for your interests, in which case, you don't need to chastise him or call his interests stupid.

Your post is off-topic, demeaning, and doesn't contribute anything on this thread.

Even if it was stupid, or annoying, or whatever, do we need mods calling members dumb? People will repeat the things they believe in or really want to know all the time, it's what people do. We should get over these things; ignore and move on. A moderator ought to reserve their weight on a forum for people insulting others, or trolling, and such actions. Not over-enthusiasm.

With all due respect and probably I have to apologise for my too harsh words, but I did not say "he is stupid" but I said "this is a stupid artwork". As such it is at least IMO not off topic to remind a certain member who constantly brings this topic up on the agenda, that it has already discussed to death and only by putting lines on certain images to show that there is probably space to add a third hardpoint and a "stupid fan-made artwork" that has at barely any resemblance to the real JF-17B or even block 3 is an argument for the PAF or PAC Kamra do do so.

Again, if my words are rated to harsh, then I apologise, but posting this stuff repeatedly in several threads again and again is IMO more off-topic than my post.

Jf17 will surely get one additional hardpoint where would that be?
My guess under the other airintake not the chin..
80xIidK.jpg

The gun it self is like pod in jf17..
I doubt we will see additional hardpoints beyound 7 , plus pod, plus the gun

Yes, feb 27 was just a minor limited engagement, in an event of war, the air battle between PAF and IAF will be the largest the world has seen since WW2. Aircraft resources will deplete pretty quickly, IAF does have a numerical superiority and to counter that our aircraft need to have more go's at the enemy aka hard points. Imagine a scenario where one of our boys takes down 2 jets and gets a lock on a third......there u go, he doesnt have a missle left hence he gets taken out himself.
I suspect you will find in war time PAF will carry DER with 4 BVrs per plane, or 2 LRAAM plus 2 BVRs. I do not think you will want to carry more than that and even IAF's MKIs will not carry more than 4 BVRs.Once a missile gets lobbed at you you will have no other option but to jettison your load and scarper the hell out of there. Any other strategy wqould be lethal to the platform as well as the pilot. The other thing to note is whether you are the aggressor or the defender, and the timing of the response. Feb27th was a delayed timing by the IAF which caused them the harm plus the fact they did not have the strategy of what to do if your Radar and other means of detection of the enemy go white/blank. PAF turned back on the 26th but IAF ventured in and paid for it.
A

I differ a little bit with @MastanKhan . in 27 February engagement JF-17 was successful in spite of having little weapons hard point or weak engine because Indian with much superior SU-30 MKI Mirage 2000 mig-21 Bison understatement Pakistan air force . they only consider the machine but forget about the man behind the machine who can change calculation which ultimately happened on 27 February .
27th feb was a strategic failure for IAF. I have alluded to it and stand by what I have said. I suspect they have learnt their lesson and will not repeat the same mistake again. The problem is we guage the performance of an AF based on a solitary encounter and then rubbish the whole AF based on this. This is inexperience on our part rather than the AF which will gain from this experience and move on. So really we need to see relative performances and strategies in a sustained conflict to say X is better than Y. I would hope we avoid seeing that day.
A

Last edited:
yes JF-17 should be medium weight fighter jet which can carry more payload

Thanks to
PAK THUNDEBiRD F.B POST OF 13.11.19
FB_IMG_1573844562847.jpg

Last edited:
Though CGI, @JamD did we come to a conclusion on whether re-designing the Ra'ad with side-mounted intakes would help with the ground-clearance issue? Or is this a situation where we'll need to hope the JF-17 Block-3 can deploy the Ra'ad from its wings?
I had concluded that it was too big for either, wings or centerline. It was not a weight issue but a size issue. I think this CG image actually shows why it is a problem. The missile is shown stuck to the bottom of the fuselage which it would never be and the width of Ra'ad's horiztonal stabilizer is obvious. The width means it would interfere with landing gear operation and possibly flaps and elevators (mechanically and aerodynamically).

We have plenty of evidence that multiple SOW are in development which points to the fact that there are no plans for the Ra'ad to be fit on the JF-17.

I had concluded that it was too big for either, wings or centerline. It was not a weight issue but a size issue. I think this CG image actually shows why it is a problem. The missile is shown stuck to the bottom of the fuselage which it would never be and the width of Ra'ad's horiztonal stabilizer is obvious. The width means it would interfere with landing gear operation and possibly flaps and elevators (mechanically and aerodynamically).

We have plenty of evidence that multiple SOW are in development which points to the fact that there are no plans for the Ra'ad to be fit on the JF-17.
I guess it seems that the Ra'ad and H2/H4 would basically live and go away with the Mirages and, to give the JF-17 proper SOW capability, we'd certainly have to develop next-gen munitions to replace both Ra'ad and H2/H4.

I guess it seems that the Ra'ad and H2/H4 would basically live and go away with the Mirages and, to give the JF-17 proper SOW capability, we'd certainly have to develop next-gen munitions to replace both Ra'ad and H2/H4.

Military planners should have taken this and other weapons into consideration when designing this fighter jet - now we have to buy another asset to carry these if that’s the case, to me it’s a case of failure in long term strategic and tactical thinking.

Back
Top Bottom