What's new

Jf-!7 Block 2 Upgrade with French MICA

timberwolf

Reaction score
In the long wish list of JF17 upgrades, there are many things i want to see. One of them is adding the number of Pylons for Jf17 Thunder to carry additional missiles .

In its present standard CAP configuration, JFT will carry 2x PL-9 AAM, 2x SD-10 BVRAAM, and 3x drop tanks and this seems a little less compared to modern generation aircraft . Although Dual Launcher for SD-10 will address this problem. I think going for an additional Pylon like the French have gone for on Dassault Rafale and earlier on Mirage 2000, is the most logical next step to add more punch to JFT. As having this additional pylon enhances Multirole capabilities of JF17. Now JFT can carry 4x AAM, 3x Drop tanks, 2x AGMs.

Below is the rendition :

Pakistanairf.jpg

Military Photoshops: Jf-!7 Block 2 Upgrade with French MICA

soon we will see JFT with SD-10.

Mica range is short.

SD-10 is comparable to most of world best BVR

did you do the animation yourself??

yup, i edited, well not much editing there, just added the BVRAAM's.

oh bhai pahle radar sahi laga lain phir jf-17 block 2 ki baat karain gay ,

that's an other debate. But everything has its own importance.

with the 10 billion dollar MMRCA will the french sell to Pakistan?

USA has no problem dealing with both countries at once. The french will only be losing Billions of $$$ if they dont . Upgradating of Avionics package for a massive massive fleet of 250 planes cant get any more lucrative . Add into that spares and maintenance / overhaul costs .

Pakistan doesn't need MICA or American/Chinese AAMs.. we are hell in need of Radars! which won't sleep when Nation would expect them to be working!

Again another debate .

soon we will see JFT with SD-10.

Mica range is short.

SD-10 is comparable to most of world best BVR

Obviously SD-10 is the most probable BVRAAM for current and future blocks of JFT. But as a matter of fact i used MICA because i only have MICA pictures in my HDD which i can use to edit . :D

The Point is that adding an under-belly pylon like in Rafale with significantly improve JFT's multirole capability , and its the most feasible option requiring least modification to airframe.

Our effing radars don't effing work ... maybe we should install new radars so that they can do the basic job of detecting an effing craft ... JF 17 ... chuck it in the bin .

This is, my friend, not real.

i) The new JF will be Stealth.
ii) The blog, you got the picture from, is militaryPHOTOSHOP.

We have more similar pictures, including those of various stealth versions from the blog.
Regards.

This is, my friend, not real.

i) The new JF will be Stealth.
ii) The blog, you got the picture from, is militaryPHOTOSHOP.

We have more similar pictures, including those of various stealth versions from the blog.
Regards.

Obviously it is not REAL. That Nice Guy up there, himself said it was a rendition, making it clear to every body. He has even named his blog with PS in it. Just how honest can u get. *sigh* I wonder how many ppl in today's world dare hold the beacon of truth and tell everybody in the face what is real and what's not. May God grant him more strength and wisdom , Aaaameen !

on a serious note now :

People seem to be completely missing the point here. What im talking about is future prospects of modifications or upgrades JFT will go through.

According to Wikipedia:
Code:
Subsequent modifications to the JF-17 design will be made, such as:

* Greater use of composite materials in the airframe to increase thrust-to-weight ratio and decrease weight.

* Internal Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) system, possibly the Type Hongguang-I Electro-optical Radar (虹光-Ⅰ型光电雷达) developed by Sichuan Changhong Electric Appliance Corporation (currently the IRST must be carried externally).

* Improved Radar. An upgraded variant of the current KLJ-7 Radar used in the JFT is under development at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

* More powerful engine, potential options include the Chinese WS-13 Taishan and Russian Klimov RD-93B turbofans, giving 10% greater thrust than the current RD-93.

* Minor airframe modifications to reduce the aircraft's radar cross-section by adding stealthy features.

Now im talking about an upgrade that requires minimal modification, to increase weapon load JF17 can carry. It will cause less drag than the proposed double launchers And free an under wing pylon to carry an array of Munitions .

If IAF go for Rafele then there is NO chance of PAF acquiring MICA as French wouldn't want to jeopardise relations with India who with just MMRCA and M2k UPG alone is about $15 BN, maybe much more if IAF exercise options for more MMRCA. There is no way Pakistan con even come close to competing with that.

+ btw the title of this thread is pretty misleading as you guys are so fond of saying- this is Pakistani "wet dreaming".

Back
Top Bottom