What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Thunder Vs Thunder, a pair of JF-17s engaged in DACT.

View attachment 393830
Thunder vs Thunder isn't DACT
The D stands for Dissimilar i.e different aircraft Air combat Training.
It is dact only when the adversary aircraft are two different platforms otherwise it is plain simple ACM training.

Last edited:
It is dact only when the adversary aircraft are two different platforms otherwise it is plain simple ACM training.
I got mixed up, it's actually ACT.....Air Combat Training.

Depends on the rules of engagement. If, let's say, one of them is limited to 500 knots whereas the other has free reign, my understanding is it is still DACT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@Windjammer

Depends on the rules of engagement. If, let's say, one of them is limited to 500 knots whereas the other has free reign, my understanding is it is still DACT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@Windjammer
As I said, I misread the source....the JF-17s are involved in ACT.... If 2 JF-17s are fighting against 2 other JF-17s, this would be an Air Combat Training (ACT) whereas 2 JF-17s fighting 2 F-16s would be termed Dissimilar Air Combat Tactics (DACT).

Sometimes its good to just watch the scenery with engine idle.
An idle engine spreads nothing more than smoke and CO. THE LATER CAN BE LETHAL.. PLEASE dont deprive us of your valued contribution.
Regards
A

FC-1 was always planned to have FullAu-FbW/FbL/FbO. Hybrid was maintained as a backup in initial batches only.
The fault tolerant FbW are triples dissimilar ASICs, these command actuator control ICs - ACE units through DATAC data buses. ICs do all computation for actuating surfaces on FC-1 for pitch-yaw and roll under complete authority. It is a major statement. That is why it has comparable performance to USF16.

We have the tooling machines courtesy China. I am talking of R&D collaborative work in our universities and industrial establishments just like Chinese.

Their will be a policy statement from PAF & GoP in due course of time. I have limited info on their FGF program.

Indeed. It is so.

Pak needs to move towards creating an ecosystem and develop innovation life cycle in the context and needs of Pak, avoiding usual regional pitfalls.

Development is no magic bullet really. It is the question of devising practical policy and implementation thereof.

The focus of any such effort has to be cutting the development cycle by leveraging the good offices of China and other friendlies......

As you have mentioned in one of your posts about industrial base that was destroyed due to nationalisation drive of 70s... I say the DNA is still there... How else could it be...for does Pak not have many, many talented engineers like your good self?

However, I would like to see certain Dialectic Acceleration in native defence production capacity and capabilities. Mindset is beset by instuitional inertia somewhere. And there is infernal corruption lurking nearby as well.

By sticking to the Principle of Practicality and avoiding any loofty claims... let what is nascent flourish first... from a tiny plant emerges an econsystem. JF is that tiny plant.

With official announcements coming in the direction of local production of radars and fighters... I can only say just go for it.

Thank you for your kind reply. Always valued!

SPF

An idle engine spreads nothing more than smoke and CO. THE LATER CAN BE LETHAL.. PLEASE dont deprive us of your valued contribution.
Regards
A

My dear Araz, there has been lately more than my share of personal abuse, old man go home, or what would you know sort of statements. That tire me, and make me lose interest.

My dear Araz, there has been lately more than my share of personal abuse, old man go home, or what would you know sort of statements. That tire me, and make me lose interest.
Since when does a stalwart give up? It is not in your nature and makeup to give up. I have seen some of the interactions that went on. Should I be fair and say you were a bit harsh? Sir jee The internet is a strange beast. Here everyone is behind a curtain and free to say what they like. Just be a bit more diplomatic and you will be fine. Enjoy your stay and keep contributing. Your contributions are greatly valued .
A

Hi,

Are Lions irked by the yappings of the Hyenas?

Hi,

Has any of you guys noticed the size of the JF17 B's canopy---it is massive---now notice the difference in space between the canopies of the JF17 and the JF17 B---.

The single seater has a proportionately smalley canopy---.

Hi,

Are Lions irked by the yappings of the Hyenas?

Hi,

Has any of you guys noticed the size of the JF17 B's canopy---it is massive---now notice the difference in space between the canopies of the JF17 and the JF17 B---.

The single seater has a proportionately smalley canopy---.
The JF-17B's canopy seems to offer better visibility than the single seater. Ultimately, this may not carry over to the single seater. You can see the MiG-29M and M2 as an example where the dual seater (M2) has a 'bubblier' canopy than the single seater (M), which basically hasn't changed since the original MiG-29.

The JF-17B's canopy seems to offer better visibility than the single seater. Ultimately, this may not carry over to the single seater. You can see the MiG-29M and M2 as an example where the dual seater (M2) has a 'bubblier' canopy than the single seater (M), which basically hasn't changed since the original MiG-29.

Hi,

A more bubble type canopy might happen in the BLK 3---.

There is a difference of day and night between situational awareness between the JF17 B and JF17.

Justlook at the size of the glass from front to back of the front pilot and the size from the back of second console to the back of the second pilot---it is huge---.

Hi,

There is a difference of day and night between situational awareness between the JF17 B and JF17.

Justlook at the size of the glass from front to back of the front pilot and the size from the back of second console to the back of the second pilot---it is huge---.
Absolutely, I'd love to see a revised canopy on the Block-III as well.

It's not just the better visibility, by raising the driver seat up in to the "bubblier" canopy, you create more room underneath to carry more fuel. I think it would make perfect sense for Block 3 to be based on "B" airframe.

@The Eagle @WAJsal ... IFE really? Your TTA's gotta act their age not their shoe size!! your call guys.
Hi,

Back
Top Bottom