What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Sir jee Simple drop tank hai ...
Drop tank

20170429_150201.png

FC1 has reached its projected & proposed development with Ver B. Collaboration has been long standing spread over four decades+ now. It is time to kickstart fab-tech AeSp backbone @ home. Our input now extends into their FGF prog.

Dear Madam,

Yes, indeed.

The day Pak can retain the core talent at home and give them the space for their creativity and rewards for their services... will be the Day for PDFers to celeberate.

I would rather see you back in Pak in Core Teams and employing your experience and creativity to make NFG and the 5th GFA possible.

My sense is that the maturity level of PAC has reached a stage where there is confidence to have a go at things at Home.

I don't expect that all can be locally produced/fabricated...yet I have the feeling that it would be majority local production sans engines and some cutting edge subsystem. You know it better than I.

BlockIII is the logical conclusion of our little bird. Yet this little bird is the Genesis of all good things yet to come.

What in your experienced view is the need to kick-start the process as you mentioned in your post?

I mean, toolings, machines, human resources ect... this will make it more concrete to understand/baseline the current and required capabilities.

Long Live SinoPak Friendship! Joined at the hip, this friendship...

Regards,

SPF

It shouldn't matter if the Block-II doesn't have FBW.

FC-1 was always planned to have FullAu-FbW/FbL/FbO. Hybrid was maintained as a backup in initial batches only.
The fault tolerant FbW are triples dissimilar ASICs, these command actuator control ICs - ACE units through DATAC data buses. ICs do all computation for actuating surfaces on FC-1 for pitch-yaw and roll under complete authority. It is a major statement. That is why it has comparable performance to USF16.

Dear Madam,
Yes, indeed.
What in your experienced view is the need to kick-start the process as you mentioned in your post?
I mean, toolings, machines, human resources ect... this will make it more concrete to understand/baseline the current and required capabilities.
SPF

We have the tooling machines courtesy China. I am talking of R&D collaborative work in our universities and industrial establishments just like Chinese.

Interesting and would love to read more about the same, as & when convenient to you.

Regards,

Their will be a policy statement from PAF & GoP in due course of time. I have limited info on their FGF program.

Bhai sahab, a bigger radome is not the issue. The issue is, if a pitot tube is sticking out, than this makes an AESA radar a definite no. Nonetheless, on closer inspection, it shows that this is not a regular pitot tube, but one that is used when aircrafts are in the testing phase.
View attachment 393624 View attachment 393698

Who told u the prototype houses an Aesa, or any radar at all? The pitot is there to collect necessary flight data.

IFR can be fixed when needed and this is not a proto type, its the final version.

Thanks, I don't see IFR, may be its not meant for prototype!

Less space than hydraulic system also weights less than hydraulic system

Sir, full FBW would need more room for the interconnections, sensors etc. Also, with augmented stability in roll and yaw, Block 1/2 shouldn't need full FBW. What's special about 229? Can you please give more details?

Back
Top Bottom