What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Last edited:
B model wing is about a meter longer or wingspan is meter longer then A model

Assuming block 3 single seater will also have longer wingspan ?? And if older model can have it as well as, wings usually have lower life then rest of aircraft structure

Eg mirage wing 2250 hours vs 8000 for rest of fuselage

http://www.avic.com/en/forbusiness/militaryaviationanddefense/fighters/394351.shtml

Actually I don't think so. All images we know so far does not even give a hint that it has a wider span (at least surely not by a meter) and IMO this is based on a mis-quote of different measurements: the shortest given is usually without the wing-tip pylons and the widest with these pylons and the missiles attached.

However I would be grateful if anyone could provide some images of a single seater and the B to compare.

Actually I don't think so. All images we know so far does not even give a hint that it has a wider span (at least surely not by a meter) and IMO this is based on a mis-quote of different measurements: the shortest given is usually without the wing-tip pylons and the widest with these pylons and the missiles attached.

However I would be grateful if anyone could provide some images of a single seater and the B to compare.

Modified Flight Control System – three-axel fly-by-wire (FBW)
An extended nose
Dorsal spine
A changed vertical stabilizer
Altered materials proportion
Enhanced wingspan

There was interview publish which I cannot find now from CAtic dude who designed it and he confirmed it plus the OEM website also lists 8.5 m w/o wingtip missile and 9m with it for jf A model so now assuming 9.46 m w/o wingtip as comparison is w/o wingtip missile spec

Also normal takeoff weight of 9072kg which is usually listed as 9100kg due to rounding included two wingtip missile plus full internal fuel per Oem and I am assuming 180 round for 23mm but not sure

https://timesofislamabad.com/14-Dec...induct-new-member-into-its-jet-fighter-family

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

It would be nice if then can clear center pylon for single long pylon with multiple hard points like mirage 3/5 carrying 2x 250 kg

So far it’s only cleared for ldp, mk84 type and 800 liter drop tank

They have NOT been discontinued. PAF uses them. Why do you think otherwise?

The newer pylons are not standard side by side but stepped one, check newer videos and are different

I think pac started alternate mission equipment development for jf and now making pylons themselves and are different then one Chinese provided

This was based on experience gained from mirage alternate mission equipment claiming even for f-16 in future per paf history book

I can hope that JF-17 Block-3 will be based on the technology used in the JF-17B. Moreover, not so sure but JF-17 Block-3 might be produced in a number equal to 100 and maybe 50+ additional JF-17B that will act as LIFT & JF-17 conversion trainer.

I think that design shall be based on JF-17B but for internal sensors, avionics/electronics, EW, it should be based on J-16 AND J-20.

I think that design shall be based on JF-17B but for internal sensors, avionics/electronics, EW, it should be based on J-16 AND J-20.
Yes, it is most likely to be on JF-17. EW, i believe was a spanish company.

I am sure you meant to type 3-axis

Modified Flight Control System – three-axel fly-by-wire (FBW)
An extended nose
Dorsal spine
A changed vertical stabilizer
Altered materials proportion
Enhanced wingspan

There was interview publish which I cannot find now from CAtic dude who designed it and he confirmed it plus the OEM website also lists 8.5 m w/o wingtip missile and 9m with it for jf A model so now assuming 9.46 m w/o wingtip as comparison is w/o wingtip missile spec

Also normal takeoff weight of 9072kg which is usually listed as 9100kg due to rounding included two wingtip missile plus full internal fuel per Oem and I am assuming 180 round for 23mm but not sure

https://timesofislamabad.com/14-Dec...induct-new-member-into-its-jet-fighter-family

because they carried only two, the new ones can carry 3

Not sure why these side by side dual racks were discontinued

View attachment 500427

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom