What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

the pitot tube is gone, which means they have now gained enough confidence on the stability of the aerodynamic characteristics, and the new FBW control system
The pitot is very much there :laugh: and it has less to do with aerodynamic characteristics and more to do with (extremely critical) airspeed and altitude readings.

The pitot is very much there :laugh: and it has less to do with aerodynamic characteristics and more to do with (extremely critical) airspeed and altitude readings.

The pitot tube protruding from the tip of the nose. Do I really need to spell it out?

Ask the question: why do we need to measure airspeed at the tip? Because the airflow along the entire length of the aircraft is determined by what happens at the nose. This is why the very first prototypes of a new design start off with it, so exact measurements of pressure can be made.

The pitot tube protruding from the tip of the nose. Do I really need to spell it out?

Ask the question: why do we need to measure airspeed at the tip? Because the airflow along the entire length of the aircraft is determined by what happens at the nose. This is why the very first prototypes of a new design start off with it, so exact measurements of pressure can be made.

So you are referring to the pitot static boom, the pitot tube is now placed on the side of the radome, this is a function of the new AESEA radar being installed, space consideration has called for a not so unusual placement on the side. During prototype/testing phase they placed a static one on the nose tip, isolating the air speed reading from the AOA pitot, keeping the wiring simplified and making room for other data gatherers lets say (without getting into too many details :) ), its now back where it belongs as one complete unit. Therefore, yes a sign of great progress on radar and ancillary electronics but not really evidence or testament of "the stability of the aerodynamic characteristics, and the new FBW control system" as you said. The pitot tube will function just as well on the wing, nose or side of the aircraft as long as it is pointed forward.

So you are referring to the pitot static boom, the pitot tube is now placed on the side of the radome, this is a function of the new AESEA radar being installed, space consideration has called for a not so unusual placement on the side. During prototype/testing phase they placed a static one on the nose tip, isolating the air speed reading from the AOA pitot, keeping the wiring simplified and making room for other data gatherers lets say (without getting into too many details :) ), its now back where it belongs as one complete unit. Therefore, yes a sign of great progress on radar and ancillary electronics but not really evidence or testament of "the stability of the aerodynamic characteristics, and the new FBW control system" as you said. The pitot tube will function just as well on the wing, nose or side of the aircraft as long as it is pointed forward.

This is B version. There are no public plans for AESA radar on it. Secondly, care to inform us why the pitot tube was placed in the prototypes of Block 1 and 2 and then removed?

This is B version. There are no public plans for AESA radar on it. Secondly, care to inform us why the pitot tube was placed in the prototypes of Block 1 and 2 and then removed?
Nothing I can do to explain further.

Two jf-17b were for Pak and one for China , pac has received one for testing not sure when the second b model will be delivered to Pak ??

Evolution my friend Evolution, imagine Tejas due to natural selection and evolution grows extra horizontal wing or become twin engine or growing extra headlight on rear end now that's deadly, doing shist others can't do, thats why its jet of future

And so we have to wait until 2020+ until the Tejas Mk.1A is ready, we will wait until 2025+ until Mk.2 is ready ... and 2030 for that even more enlarged, maybe twin engine type ... at a time the PAF is already considering replacement for the JF-17 and history will call the Tejas the "fighter that never was, but always was better on paper".

I honestly try to avoid politics, but currently the Indian system is comparable to the Chinese during the 1960/70s, when they wanted, demanded, initiated, re-considered, cancelled and started again with even higher aims and goals ... while others were operating already.

And so we have to wait until 2020+ until the Tejas Mk.1A is ready, we will wait until 2025+ until Mk.2 is ready ... and 2030 for that even more enlarged, maybe twin engine type ... at a time the PAF is already considering replacement for the JF-17 and history will call the Tejas the "fighter that never was, but always was better on paper".

I honestly try to avoid politics, but currently the Indian system is comparable to the Chinese during the 1960/70s, when they wanted, demanded, initiated, re-considered, cancelled and started again with even higher aims and goals ... while others were operating already.
I think we'll start hearing about a JF-17 replacement -- via Project Azm -- in the 2020s. It won't materialize until the 2030s of course, but for the PAF, having its backbone fighter go next generation really would really mean going next generation (e.g. F-6 to F-7, F-7 to JF-17, JF-17 to Azm). This isn't to say Azm will be some amazing fighter; rather, if we can get Gripen E/F capabilities in a low-observable/low-detectable airframe, I'd be very happy.

There's no point in comparing the production of these two aircrafts.

IAF doesn't need a Mk1/JF17B fighter, thanks to the Bison/UPG/Darin2,3 upgrades. It needs a Mk1A/Block3 as minimum. End of story. Else we'd have seen mass production years ago.

Please take
Your Indo Pak bullshi68 some where else

Last edited:
Off course not, they just spent 30 years making so that they can stroke it and now they don't need it because they can now legally stroke one another.

There's no point in comparing the production of these two aircrafts.

IAF doesn't need a Mk1/JF17B fighter, thanks to the Bison/UPG/Darin2,3 upgrades. It needs a Mk1A/Block3 as minimum. End of story. Else we'd have seen mass production years ago.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom