What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Yes SabzS, it is a C-17 but it can be on a Chinese tarmac
at the same time as the JF-17B for a different reason.

The UAE might be loading UAVs for all we know! It could
also be transporting the Double Thunder but I don't infer
that from a coincidence such as a temporary co-location.

On the picture I gave, you see a C-17 and a Y-20 and yet
China doesn't have Globemasters and vice versa.

It's cute but it means nothing is what I meant. 8-)

Have a great day mate, Tay.
Good point though I never doubted it was a c-17 of the uae air force

DVVmwzTU8AAciz_.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVVmwzTU8AAciz_.jpg
Click the link for better resolution of the Thunder.

Here it is expanded a tad :
JF-17 2S.png

Tay.

Last edited:
My guess is that it is indeed JF17B since Block III is at least a year away(or more) for even the first prototype...as for Block II JF17s, PAC manufactures most of it including the fuselage(as per this picture of PAC on Quwa)
PAC-Kamra-01.png

So I don't see why Pak would have a Block II flown in from China. Therefore ruling out Block II and III only leaves the option of JF17B, which coincidentally had been going under testing not too long ago. So maybe those tests were completed and this unit was shipped to be shown off in Pak Day Parade.

Paf history book stated 4 final assembly station plus 2 more option for any overflow 4 Ac x 4 quarters per year or 16 Ac baseline capacity per year but two additional station can be made available as an overflow capacity so 6x4 24 Ac per year

I was in a training over the last few days with people from Kamra. Obviously they would not discuss anything with a civvy like me, but we did have a laugh at the idea that JF-17B fuselage in the OP picture could somehow be confused with JF-17 Block III.

Somebody fix an IFR probe on it... arm it with missiles n fly the fk outta it with a go pro capturin it!
Here's the score, all the JF-17s are now plumbed for the IFR probe, according to the source, it merely takes 10 odd minutes to install it, however it's not always carried since it slightly hinders pilot's view.
Ideally the PAF wanted a retractable one placed but apparently there's no room for a motor to be installed.

Seniority does not matter....DCAS(O) is key and base commander sargodha as prior experiences. The rest is politics ...Punjabi vs Pathan vs mohajir etc. historically vcas never became chief..I think Jamal broke that rule...but it is very rare for vcas to become CAS. Transport pilots such as rashid sheikh were VCAS who can never become CAS. Although i think shafiq haider and Ali uddin were two VCASs that should have become CAS

sorry guys accidentally posted the one above in the wrong forum and cannot delete it

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom