What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

That's great....but probably occupied by rated aircrew (test pilots and flight test engineers ) for flight testing purposes (I have been in the Block 40s for a couple hours). All I am saying that maybe (and I hope) that the flight test program has reached a point that they might be able to take passengers.
That passenger is also a pilot. He may not have type rating on JF-17, but doesn't mean he can't fly generally.

That's great....but probably occupied by rated aircrew (test pilots and flight test engineers ) for flight testing purposes (I have been in the Block 40s for a couple hours). All I am saying that maybe (and I hope) that the flight test program has reached a point that they might be able to take passengers.
full digital fly by wire are easier to handled than a hybrid fly by wire control in standard JF-17

We can say that block 2 converted into Trainer version
how can you convert blk-2 in trainer version which is single seatero_O bro think logically @The Hack

We can say that block 2 converted into Trainer version
/

Hi,

Why in God's name---would you want your fighter / strike aircraft to be named a trainer---.

Is the 2 seater F16 a trainer---or a 2 seater F15 a trainer---?

What kind of stupidity is this---. Instead of rating the aircraft higher---you want to bring its ratings down---.

Are you kids getting lessons from home or school to act less intelligent---.

I think his point is that frequently 2 seat versions are used in training pilots on the aircraft type (often seen in OCUs). That is to say, one of the uses of two seat variants is to train pilots new to the fighter type. In PAF, this will see very limited use as PAF is successfully using simulators for training of new JF-17 pilots, and any twin seat variants will be for strike and SEAD purposes and just to show PAF stands behind the version.

Are both jf b model at pac or just one! Two plus 1 three were ordered two for paf plus one catac

Lets just call it JF18 People

JF17 - 1 Seat , 'Block I' , 'Block II' , 'Block III'
JF18 - Twin Seat , plus model with modified tail / Body

:hitwall::suicide:
Or! We could call the JF-17B by it's actual name. "THE JF-17B!!" You know... the name PAF gave the fighter jet since they helped create it.

I mean what is what the Alpahabets

A, B , C , D

Just make new "Name"

JF18 , Twin Seat - Enhanced performance variant

Hi,

Why in God's name---would you want your fighter / strike aircraft to be named a trainer---.

What kind of stupidity is this---. Instead of rating the aircraft higher---you want to bring its ratings down---.

Yes learning well from your generation......(just putting things lightly here with sarcasm)

That passenger is also a pilot. He may not have type rating on JF-17, but doesn't mean he can't fly generally.
I'm guessing my concern is not being understood properly so I'll leave it be. Cheers !!!

full digital fly by wire are easier to handled than a hybrid fly by wire control in standard JF-17
OK you lost me.....what do you mean easy to handle...

Hi,

It's evident that it's a trainer/convertion aircraft... Also CAC marketing it as a trainer...

OK you lost me.....what do you mean easy to handle..
by pilot @Knuckles, blk-1 and 2 has a partial/hybrid flyby wire system, go google it fly by wire system and mechanical flight control systems @Knuckles

It's evident that it's a trainer/convertion aircraft... Also CAC marketing it as a trainer...
yes you're on the spot bro its uses for both as a fighter conversion/trainer and deep stike, CAS role

I mean what is what the Alpahabets

A, B , C , D

Just make new "Name"

Because if you make enough variants, you might as well
give each plane a name of its own? I'll call mine Julie ...

Seriously, here are examples of those letters in use :

Rafale :
  • B / Biplace or two-seater
  • C / Chasseur or fighter
  • M / Marine or Navy/Naval
F-16 :

• A / B Single and dual seaters original build.
  • C / D Single and dual seaters 2nd gen. build.
  • AM / BM European MLU, old cell w. new build avionics again in Single seater and dual.
  • E / F Single and dual seaters, 3rd / latest build.
  • CJ / I / N etc are one-off variants - Israel, SEAD/DEAD and Naval adversary respectively.
Note that the non-combat N had the T/F-16 designation for Twin seaters.​

Now a look at the F-18 to draw our lesson's points :

First, notice the other lettering change - F/A-18 indicating a swing-role fighter/attack Ac.
Then, that it covers two different planes with the SuperHornet being a 25% bigger redesign.
  • F/A-18 A / B as above.
  • F/A-18 C / D as above.
  • F/A-18 E / F / G : New Aircraft, same names as above plus the EW variant Growler.
If you compare with the Thunder, it goes A / B as we're all saying . . .
unless you want to go Biplace and Single place but it will confuse
potential export buyers if the brochure reads JF-17 B/S ? ... so :tdown:.

Added to letters are also numbers as in F-16 Blocks. These are just
production standards by another name. Different standards can be
ported to different builds but not always nor always entirely. Raffys
have had many standards : LF1, F1, F2.1, F2.2, F3.1 .2 .3 to F3.4
in use now and F3-R later this year then F4.1 and the first standard
F4.2 that will constitute according to previsions a different build. You
can further check the blocks by orders of ten in the F-16 as in Block
10 20 30 etc up to 60 on the EF and also each has a variant with 2
added block 10/12 save Block 60 because it represents the buyer's
choice of motorization with either a GE or P&W engine respectively.

I'm guessing that by now you're as unhappy with this numerical soup
as you are with alphabet one but these designations pack a whole lot
of informations in short hand for those who learn them?

In any case, you know of the Thunder Blocks I, II and III ... that are
actually part build part blocks but nevermin' and that it's only been
in service for 7 years and already found an export client. Compare
that to the 1980 service entry date of the F-16, the second most sold
fighter ever after MiG-21 and most used nowadays, and one can very
rightfully wonder how many blocks and variants may be needed.

At the risk of utterly infuriating you, I vote for more numbers and heck
enough letters to justify switching to Chinese characters!

Still, have a great day, Tay.

Last edited:
Masha'Allah!!! They have put Pak in FATF grey list, and Pak responded with a 2-sitter which increases export potential!!! That's called the spirit!!! And, some other folks are spending all of their strategic energies to "isolate" Pak only to find adversaries' "death blows" in all spheres getting deadlier, or can't even fill one third of a squadron with indigenous birds!!! This is called Ilahi Adalet....

Hi so basically we also need B version for your own trainee so how many
We need for the training any memeber can give some info
Thank you

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom