What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Speed same as standard jft, weapon loadout 4500 kg and without AESA BRO
We can say that block 2 converted into Trainer version
But according to Quwa
THE JF-17B COULD BE THE FOUNDATION OF THE BLOCK-III

"The JF-17B has an enlarged nose to accommodate an AESA radar, but there are other air-frame changes as well. AVIC’s purported JF-17B brochure states that the JF-17B’s wingspan is a half-meter longer than that of the JF-17 Block-I/II (9.5 m vs. 9.0 m[10]). It is also slightly longer than the Block-I/II (14.5 m vs. 14.26 m[11]). The lengthened wingspan may indicate an increase in payload, which is one of the JF-17 Block-III’s additions (Aviation Weeksubscription required). The JF-17B air-frame may also been built differently than the Block-I/II, at least in terms of materials"

https://quwa.org/2017/04/30/jf-17b-foundation-jf-17-block-iii/

Lets just call it JF18 People

JF17 - 1 Seat , 'Block I' , 'Block II' , 'Block III'
JF18 - Twin Seat , plus model with modified tail / Body

True except the outgoing ACM wants to have a shot on it before his retirement so we might see a GOPRO flight footage before 23rd March. :D
Risky move unless the flight testing has reached a point where they can take passengers.

Risky move unless the flight testing has reached a point where they can take passengers.
The earlier versions did show as both cockpits occupied.

JF-17B-prototype-2-692x360.jpg

The earlier versions did show as both cockpits occupied.

JF-17B-prototype-2-692x360.jpg
That's great....but probably occupied by rated aircrew (test pilots and flight test engineers ) for flight testing purposes (I have been in the Block 40s for a couple hours). All I am saying that maybe (and I hope) that the flight test program has reached a point that they might be able to take passengers.

Here's the score, all the JF-17s are now plumbed for the IFR probe, according to the source, it merely takes 10 odd minutes to install it, however it's not always carried since it slightly hinders pilot's view.
Ideally the PAF wanted a retractable one placed but apparently there's no room for a motor to be installed.

Hi,

If it hinders the pilots view---then there must be some aircraft designated for the probe must have a probe installed and designate others without a probe.

The reason being---the pilots should get accustomed to the probe---because till they don't get accustomed and used to it---the mind will not accept it.

The brain has to accept the presence of the probe---and the brain has to accept the hinderance that it causes---once that happens---the hinderance would not have an as severe an effect as it would for a pilot not accustomed to it.

. The lengthened wingspan may indicate an increase in payload, which is one of the JF-17 Block-III’s additions (Aviation Weeksubscription required). The JF-17B air-frame may also been built differently than the Block-I/II, at least in terms of materials"

https://quwa.org/2017/04/30/jf-17b-foundation-jf-17-block-iii/

Hi,

Primarily---the lengthened wing span is due to the change in the structure of the fuselage to accomodate the second seat---.

The increase in payload is a secondary effect of a larger wing---.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom