What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Oh come on man they are not going to repair a US made engine in China.

121105-F-KG812-903.JPG
No dear, although it doesn't imply in this case but i said replacement.
There have been many cases involving various airforces where a replacement engine along with maintenance crew had to be flown in from home country to the grounded aircraft in China or anywhere else.

Guys u can actually see the fuselage in the back drop. So are we now contracting UAE C17s to to ferry things for us?? I know SMs were delivered to Nigeria in IL78s??
You don't contract countries but contract logistics companies in such deliveries and they arrange transports for you what ever is available. This is just an opinion

No dear, although it doesn't imply in this case but i said replacement.
There have been many cases involving various airforces where a replacement engine along with maintenance crew had to be flown in from home country to the grounded aircraft in China or anywhere else.
Agreed.

Well considering our Air Force has also done work with other air forces directly in past it can't be an impossibility. Ex. lending manpower TurAF for making drines.
You don't contract countries but contract logistics companies in such deliveries and they arrange transports for you what ever is available. This is just an opinion

Agreed.

Well considering our Air Force has also done work with other air forces directly in past it can't be an impossibility. Ex. lending manpower TurAF for making drines.
PAF is not involved in this transport till now it is PAC/CAC contract.

Although PAC is part of PAF but this is more commercial venture.

Hi,

Send me the stuff you are smoking---in my old age I am going blind---but still I know that the one engine is hidden behind the tail.
I guess i'm not the Mr Perfect, seldom pay attention to all the small details.

Well instead of Asembling the planes in Pakistan JF17 2B, we can technically just complete these 2 seaters in China and just fly it back to Pakistan

We can perhaps fast track thru 50 birds that way for 2 Seat Variant

It is well understood the Pakistan Assembly line is setting up 1 Seat JF17

Well instead of Asembling the planes in Pakistan JF17 2B, we can technically just complete these 2 seaters in China and just fly it back to Pakistan

I read it some where that there will be only 14 more JF-17 block 2 this year I think they will produce JF-17B and possibly JF-17 block 3. The total mark was 150 and that is near completion. Thou I am not an expert on the matter I could be wrong.

This is great news cant wait to see the bird in our colors and sky.

I was bit curious about it myself , as well we are only manufacturing JF17 Thunder but still not taking advantage of certain development boost with Chinese manufacturing unit

We really should have gone with 25 + 25 in Pakistan / 25 in China approach for manufacturing

Year 1 25, Units in Pakistan , China Add 14 (2 Seaters)
Year 2 25, Units in Pakistan , China Adds 14 (2 Seaters)

For Block 2 , Block 2B fast tracking

Obviously there are also sales orders to be filled etc

Last edited:
There is nothing unusual about UAE C-17s or other air force transport aircraft servicing our needs. Contracts are drawn up just like any other frieght quote and billed between the two Ministries.

We paid for the KC-135 operational and fuel costs that supported us for Red Flag.

Chengdu is short of personell and backed up with other production demands, right now it is the J-20 and J-10B

I was bit curious about it myself , as well we are only manufacturing JF17 Thunder but still not taking advantage of certain development boost with Chinese manufacturing unit

We really should have gone with 25 + 25 in Pakistan / 25 in China approach for manufacturing

If we need to push the production it can be done but there is no need we have time to achieve the target and the JF-17 B is just coming now to enter pipeline. The real push will come on JF-17 block 3 there is will require fast manufacturing.

One more most important thing to add here is that from this transport of JF-17 B one can clearly see that JF-17 is a modular built that means JF-17 has the potential to get upgraded indefinitely.

Year 1 25, Units in Pakistan , China Add 14 (2 Seaters)
Year 2 25, Units in Pakistan , China Adds 14 (2 Seaters)

For Block 2 , Block 2B fast tracking

Obviously there are also sales orders to be filled etc

Hi,

Many a readers missed it---that option was offered by the chinese a couple of 3 years ago---.

The issue is supposedly with the Paf---it cannot absorb that big a number in 1 year---.

Hi,

Many a readers missed it---that option was offered by the chinese a couple of 3 years ago---.

The issue is supposedly with the Paf---it cannot absorb that big a number in 1 year---.
The issue was not absorption of number but absorption of the type. Like the target was 150 always and now there will be new target for block 3. Block 1 and 2 had a limit order and time frame is going exactly and by the time block 3 will be ready they can go for larger production.

Did they get rid of those hideous door hinges in the canopy?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom