What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

The issue was not absorption of number but absorption of the type. Like the target was 150 always and now there will be new target for block 3. Block 1 and 2 had a limit order and time frame is going exactly and by the time block 3 will be ready they can go for larger production.

Hi,

Check you older sources again---. Absorption of such a large number is not an easy task---even for very large air forces.

True, agree with you on that. There needs to be proper infrastructure and manpower in place before any new squadron can be raised or converted.
Hi,

Check you older sources again---. Absorption of such a large number is not an easy task---even for very large air forces.

Hi,

I am just saying that Pakistan went slow because we had time enough to manufacture 150 jets so there was no point to push the production line. Our job was to get 150 jets. The reason was not Absorption but Pakistan's requirement of block 1 and Block 2. The real Abortion will come on Block 3. Because this will remain as a final design before the AZM is developed and this platform has more potential of being exported this is the stage where production needs to be kicked of. I will agree with your Absorption reason we don't have the capacity but it was not the actual reason.

I am just saying that Pakistan went slow because we had time enough to manufacture 150 jets so there was no point to push the production line. Our job was to get 150 jets. The reason was not Absorption but Pakistan's requirement of block 1 and Block 2. The real Abortion will come on Block 3. Because this will remain as a final design before the AZM is developed and this platform has more potential of being exported this is the stage where production needs to be kicked of. I will agree with your Absorption reason we don't have the capacity but it was not the actual reason.

Hi,

You have a total lack of direction in your post---.

In major weapons procurement---when you have an enemy the size of india next door---you never have the time to LOLLYGAG---.

From your answer it seems like you do not have the understanding of what I am saying---.

Hi,

In major weapons procurement---when you have an enemy the size of india next door---you never have the time to LOLLYGAG---.

From your answer it seems like you do not have the understanding of what I am saying---.

Amm I understand what you are saying but I am not able to make you understand what I am trying to say.

Let me put it this way. Pakistan obviously lacked the infrastructure to mass produce JF-17 but the mass production was not needed because the need for Pakistan of JF-17 Block 1 and Block 2 was 150 jets. The mass production required for example 200 men and current production requires 30 men. If you establish a mass production facility for 150 jets and start paying 200 men salary then obviously you will produce the jets early but with paying 200 men you will take the cost high. So Pakistan chose the economically efficient production configuration for Block 1 and block 2. I hope you can understand what I am trying to imply here.

Now mass production is required on JF-17 block 3 because this version is more potent air to air fighter than the previous versions plus JF-17 being a module design will see many upgrades. the main thing that it will have is enhanced nose cone area for the new KLJ-7A Radar. This is the version that will require mass production facility as this version will be dragged into future. The reason for not choosing mass production on previous versions was the difference in Air frame of the main module that you can see in the image of C-17 carrying it.

the price tag of JF-17 block 3 is some where between 32 million (this price tag is not verified as the info come from a Chinese forum with out source).
The price tag of Block 2 is around 25million.
so the difference of just 7 million with massive upgrades means it will be mass produced and cost will be reduced via economies of scale. China is also expected to purchase the platform's block 3 version. The RADAR KLJ-7A will be cheap as the RADAR is also expected to be mass produced with other Chinese jets using it.

Amm I understand what you are saying but I am not able to make you understand what I am trying to say.

Let me put it this way. Pakistan obviously lacked the infrastructure to mass produce JF-17 but the mass production was not needed because the need for Pakistan of JF-17 Block 1 and Block 2 was 150 jets. The mass production required for example 200 men and current production requires 30 men. If you establish a mass production facility for 150 jets and start paying 200 men salary then obviously you will produce the jets early but with paying 200 men you will take the cost high. So Pakistan chose the economically efficient production configuration for Block 1 and block 2. I hope you can understand what I am trying to imply here.

Now mass production is required on JF-17 block 3 because this version is more potent air to air fighter than the previous versions plus JF-17 being a module design will see many upgrades. the main thing that it will have is enhanced nose cone area for the new KLJ-7A Radar. This is the version that will require mass production facility as this version will be dragged into future. The reason for not choosing mass production on previous versions was the difference in Air frame of the main module that you can see in the image of C-17 carrying it.

the price tag of JF-17 block 3 is some where between 32 million (this price tag is not verified as the info come from a Chinese forum with out source).
The price tag of Block 2 is around 25million.
so the difference of just 7 million with massive upgrades means it will be mass produced and cost will be reduced via economies of scale. China is also expected to purchase the platform's block 3 version. The RADAR KLJ-7A will be cheap as the RADAR is also expected to be mass produced with other Chinese jets using it.

Hi,

I do not understand what you are saying---because it does not relate to my comments---.

What you are trying to say has no arm or leg to it---the comments are floundering left and right as if in a swift breeze.

Hi,

I do not understand what you are saying---because it does not relate to my comments---.

What you are trying to say has no arm or leg to it---the comments are floundering left and right as if in a swift breeze.
My apologize I am not being able to put it in context but I will try to brief it with this that the production capacity was based not on absorption but economics to keep the cost down and keep the production line running.

What is a C-17 doing in China?
Chinese copy
Modern%2BDay%2BFace%2BOff%2BChinese%2BY-20%2BStrategic%2BTransport%2BAirCraft%2BGoing%2BHead%2Bto%2BHead%2Bwith%2BAmerican%2BC-17%2BGlobemaster%2BIII%2BHeavy%2BAirlifter%2B(3).jpg

:coffee: wow looks ...better then origional , they are really good with this craft

Airlifters are complex rugged machines and they made a enhanced version so swiftly
Chinese are really , just operating at a Alien Technology level speed

They are making Frigates/Destroyers/Boats/Lifters/Choppers /Stealth Bombers/Stealth Space crafts/ Sattelite destroyers ...

MEGA , projects in civilian sector , most if which are Engineering marvel ....Just operating on different level

Only thing USA has made in that time frame is , a vertical landing vehicle and some booster rockets, and yes Iphone was a nice machine as well

China is really the real deal for next 1000 years people better learn some chinese pharases or words soon

I did wanted to also point out the Chinese iphone version is eqaully good phone

Last edited:
I think what u are trying to say is that if PAF needed a faster production rate it easily could have done it AND raise sufficient means of absorbing new jets if there was a need?
My apologize I am not being able to put it in context but I will try to brief it with this that the production capacity was based not on absorption but economics to keep the cost down and keep the production line running.

Manpower, talent and capital.
:coffee: wow looks ...better then origional , they are really good with this craft

Airlifters are complex rugged machines and they made a enhanced version so swiftly
Chinese are really , just operating at a Alien Technology level speed

They are making Frigates/Destroyers/Boats/Lifters/Choppers /Stealth Bombers/Stealth Space crafts/ Sattelite destroyers ...

MEGA , projects in civilian sector , most if which are Engineering marvel ....Just operating on different level

Only thing USA has made in that time frame is , a vertical landing vehicle and some booster rockets, and yes Iphone was a nice machine as well

China is really the real deal for next 1000 years people better learn some chinese pharases or words soon

I think what u are trying to say is that if PAF needed a faster production rate it easily could have done it AND raise sufficient means of absorbing new jets if there was a need?
nope I am saying there was an economic reason to keep the production rate down to keep cost minimum.

nope I am saying there was an economic reason to keep the production rate down to keep cost minimum.

What u mean 2 say is. Paf pland 150 jets of block 1 and 2 to replace f7. And time was set for 7 years approx befkre bock 3 could manufactured. Now why should paf mas product block 1 2 and spend money to rais infrastructure to absorve mass production and complete the target in 3 to 4 years. And then stop producing and wait for block 3 to arrive in production accembely.

Hi,

Sir, this LOLLYGAG happens, when leaders and heads of institutes change their priorities.. "Jab shoq zaroorat pe bhari par jai"(when interests are put forward instead of needs)...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom