What's new

JF-17 You Beauty !!!!

JF-17 has quadruplex, digital, fly-by-wire flight control system and two hydraulic systems for backup.

From the original JF-17 Website.
http://www.jf-17.com/avionics/

@The Accountant @CriticalThought

If you follow Quwa, you'll find they mention only JF-17 B+ as having 3 axis FBW. I actually tagged both @messiach and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) in a post to get consensus. And basically, Quwa says they post only verifiable information so there can't be any case of 'he said she said'. But behind the scenes, 3 axis FBW has been there for a long time now.

Dears - I have some doubts for JF17 and it's future perspective market. Since China didnt included it into their fleet. And we are also not able to attract more buyers. I guess its Barma and Nigeria only from where we received orders. So it can only fulfill our operational needs? So we are starter in the big boys game?

20746303_1309405495824510_7061540918453168670_o.jpg
Indeed!!!!!
Can you post any lined up picture?

JF-17 has quadruplex, digital, fly-by-wire flight control system and two hydraulic systems for backup.

From the original JF-17 Website.
http://www.jf-17.com/avionics/

@The Accountant @CriticalThought

If you follow Quwa, you'll find they mention only JF-17 B+ as having 3 axis FBW. I actually tagged both @messiach and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) in a post to get consensus. And basically, Quwa says they post only verifiable information so there can't be any case of 'he said she said'. But behind the scenes, 3 axis FBW has been there for a long time now.
Not an official source:

http://www.jf-17.com/terms-conditions/

Dears - I have some doubts for JF17 and it's future perspective market. Since China didnt included it into their fleet. And we are also not able to attract more buyers. I guess its Barma and Nigeria only from where we received orders. So it can only fulfill our operational needs? So we are starter in the big boys game?
in the 90's two projects were started in china one was JF-17 and other was J-10.(just like J-20 and J-31) And Pakistan chooses JF-17 because PAF wanted low cost, light weight aircraft to replace F-7, Mirage, A-6. and F-16 was there as a Medium weight aircraft.

China chooses J-10 because it has large area to patrol and for that PLAAF needs an aircraft with longer range and J-10 fits there.

Hi,

Sir---this aircraft should never had been advertised for sale. It was purely for Paf---and should have been left as such for at least a decade after its inception.

Paf---out of sheer stupidity---wanted to act like car salesmen---fell on their faces.

Hi,

Sir---this aircraft should never had been advertised for sale. It was purely for Paf---and should have been left as such for at least a decade after its inception.

Paf---out of sheer stupidity---wanted to act like car salesmen---fell on their faces.
Many thrid world airforces would be having the same requirments as Paf i.e to replace cold war era fighters.So not that bad of an idea.
Beside that many modern airforces e.g Turkish AF can always consider such airctafts to maintain numbers.

Hi,

The aerodynamics and radar signature can already be figured out from hi-res pics and videos and Indian AWACS. PAF's custom Radar and EW package is not available for export. No harm done.

Many thrid world airforces would be having the same requirments as Paf i.e to replace cold war era fighters.So not that bad of an idea.
Beside that many modern airforces e.g Turkish AF can always consider such airctafts to maintain numbers.

Hi,

Seems like you misunderstood my post---.

The JF17 is indeed for sale---but the Paf should not have gone out to sell it the way it did. The sales approach was extremely poor.

We already know that there is a large market for a single engine aircraft---.

But what the Paf did not do was the actual research on what the buyer wants and needs are---.

Out of sheer stupidity--the Paf assumed as they are the proclaimed peacocks of the walk---other air forces will just keel over their selection---much to their dismay---they found out that they assumptions were flawed.

They should have gone out and done a tactical research---the first thing that they would have found was that the DUAL seater was a must---right from day one---.

Second thing they should have done was to fill their initial need---. A dual seater and a single seater in place---the countries showing the most interest would be invited---asked the client what they wanted from the aircraft---and shown those aspects that the buyer wanted---

A new 50000 dollar car has a 1001 things to be shown---but my salesman does not show all of them---.

If the customer likes power---the salesman takes him on the freeway and tells him to ' take off '---for easy driver---they take him to backstreets---for techies---they show the sound system---navi---voice control---blue tooth---wifi---lane change warning---collision avoidance etc etc etc---.

I m just simplifying it---fighter aircraft are not sold like that---but the emphasis must be on the needs and requirements of the buyer---what they want the machine to do---.

To top it off---you can then show what 'other things ' the machine can do---.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum---

RE---your post---there is nothing wrong with that---. As long as the JF17 meets the bottom tier requirements of the Paf---it is a great asset---.

Does not matter a tad bit---if anyone bought it or not---.

It is war bird---not a suzuki mehran---.

I mean to say---the primary reason the Paf built it was so that it could be used to fight against the enemy and does not have any restrictions---isn't that what the Paf states all the time---.

So---what difference does it make if it sells or not---it task is to fight the enemy across from our border---.

Isn't that correct?

Hi,

The JF17 is indeed for sale---but the Paf should not have gone out to sell it the way it did. The sales approach was extremely poor.

But what the Paf did not do was the actual research on what the buyer wants and needs are---.

Out of sheer stupidity--the Paf assumed as they are the proclaimed peacocks of the walk---other air forces will just keel over their selection---much to their dismay---they found out that they assumptions were flawed.

They should have gone out and done a tactical research---the first thing that they would have found was that the DUAL seater was a must---right from day one---.

Second thing they should have done was to fill their initial need---. A dual seater and a single seater in place---the countries showing the most interest would be invited---asked the client what they wanted from the aircraft---and shown those aspects that the buyer wanted---

A new 50000 dollar car has a 1001 things to be shown---but my salesman does not show all of them---.

If the customer likes power---the salesman takes him on the freeway and tells him to ' take off '---for easy driver---they take him to backstreets---for techies---they show the sound system---navi---voice control---blue tooth---wifi---lane change warning---collision avoidance etc etc etc---.

I m just simplifying it---fighter aircraft are not sold like that---but the emphasis must be on the needs and requirements of the buyer---what they want the machine to do---.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum---

RE---your post---there is nothing wrong with that---. As long as the JF17 meets the bottom tier requirements of the Paf---it is a great asset---.

I mean to say---the primary reason the Paf built it was so that it could be used to fight against the enemy and does not have any restrictions---isn't that what the Paf states all the time---.

So---what difference does it make if it sells or not---it task is to fight the enemy across from our border---.

Isn't that correct?
I agree that Pakistan did bad on sales strategy but considering that this was the first time they were doing this these type of errors could have happened ... I would say that while making blunders on this aspect on the development and concept front JF17 is an amazing aircraft and PAF has did a remarkable job on this front ...

With less than half of the cost of similar aircraft the capability it offers is 80% to 90% of similar aircraft so Pakistan can overtake much advanced and expensive aircrafts through JF17 specially in defensive mode where help of AWACS ground radars and Link 17 is available whereas offensive role is assigned to F16s ... Now with this smart strategy Pakistan can field numbers against adversary while still maintaining parity with the adversaries ...

Now only thing we need as a more advance offensive platform which can replace F16s or atleast complement them as we all know the moment war starts F16 will be under sanctions ...

I agree that Pakistan did bad on sales strategy but considering that this was the first time they were doing this these type of errors could have happened ... I would say that while making blunders on this aspect on the development and concept front JF17 is an amazing aircraft and PAF has did a remarkable job on this front ...

With less than half of the cost of similar aircraft the capability it offers is 80% to 90% of similar aircraft so Pakistan can overtake much advanced and expensive aircrafts through JF17 specially in defensive mode where help of AWACS ground radars and Link 17 is available whereas offensive role is assigned to F16s ... Now with this smart strategy Pakistan can field numbers against adversary while still maintaining parity with the adversaries ...

Now only thing we need as a more advance offensive platform which can replace F16s or atleast complement them as we all know the moment war starts F16 will be under sanctions ...

Hi,

Oh---please ---always a sob story---.

For once have courage and stick a knife deep into their gut and then twist it hard---.

Hi,

Hi,

Welcome to the forum---

Isn't that correct?

Which fighter jet was 'made for the customer'?

Back
Top Bottom