What's new

JF-17 You Beauty !!!!

This aircraft is too boxy for my taste !! looking at its Aerodynamics its too heavy upper looks like a double decker bus.

Yes how many?
As of December 2016, PAC delivered 70+ JF-17s to the PAF. These are in service with the No. 2, No. 14, No. 16 and No. 26 squadrons as well as a smaller unit at Combat Commanders School (CCS). These are the ones in official use, the PAF likely has more by now, these ones will be assigned to additional squadrons.

It is a beautiful airplane no doubt but I'm sure PAF will add/make even more beautiful airplanes in near future.
With time our preferences change. Only talking about the appearances, any 5th gen is more beautiful and modern looking machine than any 4th gen machine...any day....

So even in beauty (for me)

F22 or F35 >> F16 any day any time
and JF17 > F-16

for god sake its a war machine guys .
war machine bhi aik type ka insaan ha...

86 so roughly 20 each with 4 sqn and 6 with Ccs

14 jf-17a plus 2 b version will make the 16 for paf 6th sqn for 2017 delivery which will be delivered by end of 2017 and formally Inducted in sqn perhaps early next year ?? This will complete the 100 confirmed ordered so far next block order still pending so I think Chief paying visits to make sure order on time and no production gaps due to finances

Guessing

Last edited:
It is a beautiful airplane no doubt but I'm sure PAF will add/make even more beautiful airplanes in near future.
With time our preferences change. Only talking about the appearances, any 5th gen is more beautiful and modern looking machine than any 4th gen machine...any day....

So even in beauty (for me)

F22 or F35 >> F16 any day any time
and JF17 > F-16

war machine bhi aik type ka insaan ha...

F-16 has this mean, "I mean business and I will give you a world of pain if you mess with me" look that no other plane has. It looks like a shark opening it's jaws :D

This aircraft is too boxy for my taste !! looking at its Aerodynamics its too heavy upper looks like a double decker bus.
really jf-17 has very slim height profile(due to side intakes rather than j10/f16 style), very slim air intakes(DSI), its one of cleanest profiles i ever seen

given low wing volume it does suffer from payload issues, i always wondered why not double delta design like gripen/J10 was followed, i guess PAF was too much impressed by f-16s
PS: i am an amateur so wont mind an insight on this

really jf-17 has very slim height profile(due to side intakes rather than j10/f16 style), very slim air intakes(DSI), its one of cleanest profiles i ever seen

given low wing volume it does suffer from payload issues, i always wondered why not double delta design like gripen/J10 was followed, i guess PAF was too much impressed by f-16s
PS: i am an amateur so wont mind an insight on this

To summarize a lot of details, when done right, the cropped Delta wings of Thunder and Viper make for a highly maneuverable fighter at both high and low configurations, and very good consistent turn rate. Large Delta wings make for excellent instantaneous turn rate and provide good performance in thin atmosphere at high altitudes. The also have excellent climb rate. But their large surface area causes drag at low altitude causing altitude to drop during the turn. Cannards are a way of overcoming these problems. Think of them as equivalent to the horizontal stabilizer tails on the empennage, except they provide lift at the front, thus providing lift rather than stability. They can mess with the airflow of the main wings hence they need to be designed very carefully. In the end you live with a compromise and a complicated design. The Viper is a shining example of simple is powerful.

for god sake its a war machine guys .
Beauty + Beast......

To summarize a lot of details, when done right, the cropped Delta wings of Thunder and Viper make for a highly maneuverable fighter at both high and low configurations, and very good consistent turn rate. Large Delta wings make for excellent instantaneous turn rate and provide good performance in thin atmosphere at high altitudes. The also have excellent climb rate. But their large surface area causes drag at low altitude causing altitude to drop during the turn. Cannards are a way of overcoming these problems. Think of them as equivalent to the horizontal stabilizer tails on the empennage, except they provide lift at the front, thus providing lift rather than stability. They can mess with the airflow of the main wings hence they need to be designed very carefully. In the end you live with a compromise and a complicated design. The Viper is a shining example of simple is powerful.

KISS: Keep it simple and stupid...

F-16 has this mean, "I mean business and I will give you a world of pain if you mess with me" look that no other plane has. It looks like a shark opening it's jaws :D
Don't mess with Texas!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom