What's new

JF-17 VS GRIPPEN C/D a comparison

JF-17 is a Chinese aircraft which PAF inducted as a counter to Indian LCA. No serious air force is even considering to purchase JF-17. You won't find Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Australia buying JF-17. JF-17 is meant for easy production in large numbers, that is its primary strength.
I like to believe you but reason why I call it a Pakistani aircraft is
that it is not a spitting copy or an image of an existing Russian or Western aircraft. I mean no disrespect to the Chinese but they tend to simply photocopy existing designs. whereas this aircraft, although co produced was inspired, designed and brought into reality by Pakistan.

I understand that your morbid pain towards Pakistan forbids you from acknowledge that Pakistan can take such a big leap in the aviation world but that doesn't bother us. now Pakistan is leading the design and development of following blocks of this aircraft. this is why Pakistan is leading the charge of marketing and exhibiting this plane because it is its baby. China on the other hand is showcasing its medium J-10 and future J-31 for the export market.

Sweden had russia in mind while designing gripen. Sweden needed an aircraft with high sortie rate and capability to operate from short unprepared airfields
List of wars between Russia and Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Might be true, after all Sweden and Russia had a history in the medieval era much like India and Pakistan.

But I am looking at the aircraft from a neutral view. Grippen is a 4th gen aircraft and with the upgrades and new versions coming up I dare say it is 4+ generation aircraft.

It has excellent air-to-air, air-to-ground, electronics and everything one would expect from an aircraft.

It can take of from snowy, unprepared runways. How many jets can do that? It is a very light aircraft which has a range of 3,000 km, can be used in diverse roles, and can fire any modern weapon system including cruise missiles. Grippen was designed for present and future conflicts.

The JF-17 was designed to push up numbers or replace other aging aircraft. The Grippen brings something new to the table which the JF-17 fails to do.

I like to believe you but reason why I call it a Pakistani aircraft is
that it is not a spitting copy or an image of an existing Russian or Western aircraft. I mean no disrespect to the Chinese but they tend to simply photocopy existing designs. whereas this aircraft, although co produced was inspired, designed and brought into reality by Pakistan.

I understand that your morbid pain towards Pakistan forbids you from acknowledge that Pakistan can take such a big leap frog in the aviation world but that doesn't bother us. now Pakistan is leading the design and development of following blocks of this aircraft. this is why Pakistan is leading the charge of marketing and exhibiting this plane because it is its baby. China on the other hand is showcasing its medium J-10 and future J-31 for the export market.

JF-17 was probably designed with Pakistani inputs but it is manufactured and made in China.

There is no bias against Pakistan. Let's face it Pakistan cannot build a modern 4th gen aircraft, and to be honest India is not that good either. Even China is unsuccessful in it's attempts. It has copied the Sukhoi-30 flanker but anybody can make out its a Russian design.

China makes many weapons for export basis only, JF-17 is the prime example so is Al Khalid. The Chinese themselves won't purchase these weapons. Also bear in mind I did not say anything negative about JF-17, it may or may not be a good aircraft.

My point is if I have to choose between JF-17 and Grippen I would definitely choose Grippen.

JF-17 was probably designed with Pakistani inputs but it is manufactured and made in China.

There is no bias against Pakistan. Let's face it Pakistan cannot build a modern 4th gen aircraft, and to be honest India is not that good either. Even China is unsuccessful in it's attempts. It has copied the Sukhoi-30 flanker but anybody can make out its a Russian design.

China makes many weapons for export basis only, JF-17 is the prime example so is Al Khalid. The Chinese themselves won't purchase these weapons. Also bear in mind I did not say anything negative about JF-17, it may or may not be a good aircraft.

My point is if I have to choose between JF-17 and Grippen I would definitely choose Grippen.

Thank you for your expert analysis..

Grippen won the Brazilian MMRCA against some serious competition. Comparing it with JF17??

I think the OP is comparing the basic models of JF and Gripen.. not BLK II vs NG.

Arguments of choosing JF-17 Thunder over JAS-39 Gripen

The topic has actually been discussed to death however I will let you keep this thread open as long as trolling doesnt start.

Indian patriot -- your claims have been discussed earlier so many times

O2B9O4M.jpg
2jxow-jpg.159177

How do you figure that the JF-17 doesn't have a helmet mounted sight ? Even the newer J-7's from China has a HMS.

The area where the Gripen has the JF-17 soundly beat is the airframe. Its a mach 2 capable airframe the JF-17 is only capable of doing mach 1,8 or even just mach 1,6.

Why was a mach 2 capable airframe not one of the prerequisite for the JF-17 when it was in development ?
Never seen a HMD/HMS on Jf17 ... And i agree with you on the airframe part

use the prototype 04 with dsi pic and stick a sixth picture of f35 as well
:enjoy:
france, russia, u.s, china... even isreal= jf17

'Inspiration' ... :azn:

The very fact that we can have a fair comparison with Gripen is acknowledgement of how good JF-17 is. Although in my opinion Gripen is better, not by great margin. Gripen's superiority lies in its advanced sensors and information integration. This is where western experience in aircraft manufacturing really shows.

Back
Top Bottom