What's new

JF-17 VS GRIPPEN C/D a comparison

Ok you got the point but again if we go for better sub systems we will minus the present sub systems as well so may not that expensive like I believe my earlier expectations for a French sub systems version of JFT may cost around 25 Mil $ max or much less but if we work with partial composites like re-enforced carbon fiber considered while building air frame still it won't cross 27 Mil $ a pop still much cheaper then LCA. I think LCA also carries its time over running costs as well that's why it may be a little expensive.

With a big "if" we include French Snecma M53 PK engine it has a price tag of 3.2 mil a pop but have better 100.7 kn thrust so the difference is 0.7 million and it may reduce the maintainable cost and lifecycle cost so it may be a better choice.

That's my understanding and their are a lot of factors behind it others may differ.
you almost understood the point I am trying to make..

Actually I was thinking of a 20 million$ price/unit for the JF-17. Grippen NG is around 100 million $, if one refers to the Brazilian deal... Do the math again and you'll see it is 5/1.

No such terms, it can only beat the JF-17 on a one on one basis...and than!

I think you are comparing unit cost with total cost + ToT. Gripen NG unit cost itself still around $70million.

But if Pakistan can sell JF-17 for $20 million, including stretching payment without interest for several years, ToT, offset + allowing the customer to join the JF-17 supply chain and profit from any future sales, jet fighter lease while waiting for the JF-17, spare part, training, weapon and ammunition, then more power to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom