What's new

JF-17 VS GRIPPEN C/D a comparison

Just for information to ppl Gripen has 26 years under its belt from prototype to final products compare it to FC-1/JF-17 barely 12 serious years. As for JF-17 the advantage it has is verity of weapons for air/land/sea and intgratuon of both Chinese and russian weapons with ease and if good relations of buyer with western states integrations of french/US weapons/system as for gripen it is close system the only beneficiaries would be sweden and US.

Just just like AK is a Type 59... source is a wiki article you wrote/editted..:lol:

I did say AK is a better tank than Leo 2 or Merkava.

If it hurts your tender sensibilities then I can lie to you than JF-17 is better than F-22. Now if you have nothing more to add I suggest you mind your own business.

Thank You.

I did say AK is a better tank than Leo 2 or Merkava.

If it hurts your tender sensibilities then I can lie to you than JF-17 is better than F-22. Now if you have nothing more to add I suggest you mind your own business.

Thank You.

Did you write this on wiki too? :lol:

Grippen is made by Sweden. A country that not only has produced remarkably impressive military hardware but also impressive fighter jets in the past.

Grippen is intended for the first world market. Sweden is confident enough to induct the aircraft in its own airforce. JF-17 on the other hand is strictly meant for export aircraft which even China refuses to induct.

I rest my case.

Gripen has AIM-120 AMRAAM and soon METEOR

JF-17 has SD-10

:bounce:

Just for information to ppl Gripen has 26 years under its belt from prototype to final products compare it to FC-1/JF-17 barely 12 serious years. As for JF-17 the advantage it has is verity of weapons for air/land/sea and intgratuon of both Chinese and russian weapons with ease and if good relations of buyer with western states integrations of french/US weapons/system as for gripen it is close system the only beneficiaries would be sweden and US.

Russian weapons?

R-73? R-77? or Kh 35?

JF-17 is an ambitious aircraft by an arrogant manufacturer who designs its very first fighter and is so confident that it offers it for export against the well established world manufacturers

JF-17 is a Chinese aircraft which PAF inducted as a counter to Indian LCA. No serious air force is even considering to purchase JF-17. You won't find Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Australia buying JF-17. JF-17 is meant for easy production in large numbers, that is its primary strength.

Grippen have HMD i guess while JFT lacking in HMD ...JFT is only using HUD for targeting
How do you figure that the JF-17 doesn't have a helmet mounted sight ? Even the newer J-7's from China has a HMS.

The area where the Gripen has the JF-17 soundly beat is the airframe. Its a mach 2 capable airframe the JF-17 is only capable of doing mach 1,8 or even just mach 1,6.

Why was a mach 2 capable airframe not one of the prerequisite for the JF-17 when it was in development ?

Grippen is made by Sweden. A country that not only has produced remarkably impressive military hardware but also impressive fighter jets in the past.

Grippen is intended for the first world market. Sweden is confident enough to induct the aircraft in its own airforce. JF-17 on the other hand is strictly meant for export aircraft which even China refuses to induct.

I rest my case.
Sweden had russia in mind while designing gripen. Sweden needed an aircraft with high sortie rate and capability to operate from short unprepared airfields
List of wars between Russia and Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Grippen won the Brazilian MMRCA against some serious competition. Comparing it with JF17??

Back
Top Bottom