What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Just to give an update or sort of confirmation, i was with a PAF aeronautical engineer last evening and the word is that we are highly likely to see JF17 BLK III details some time in 2017.

BLK II will take shape and the specs for BLKIII will be unveiled so development work can start on that. The idea is to keep the production line running and a smooth transition from BLK II to BLK III once BLK II numbers are complete. In short, BLK III will be READY to roll out from production lines by the time BLK II production is done. About BLK III i wont quote him here however it is sufficient to say that most of the things that we have been saying and discussion here for BLK III are being looked at officially as well and are likely to be part of that block. :)

Just to give an update or sort of confirmation, i was with a PAF aeronautical engineer last evening and the word is that we are highly likely to see JF17 BLK III details some time in 2017.

BLK II will take shape and the specs for BLKIII will be unveiled so development work can start on that. The idea is to keep the production line running and a smooth transition from BLK II to BLK III once BLK II numbers are complete. In short, BLK III will be READY to roll out from production lines by the time BLK II production is done. About BLK III i wont quote him here however it is sufficient to say that most of the things that we have been saying and discussion here for BLK III are being looked at officially as well and are likely to be part of that block. :)

That's interesting as well as a relief and still there are questions to be asked but first of all, where have you been?

Discussions here are being looked at hopefully with beneficial developments though one still wonders about possible AESA or is it going to be couple of AESA for Couple of potential buyers....

That's interesting as well as a relief and still there are questions to be asked but first of all, where have you been?

Discussions here are being looked at hopefully with beneficial developments though one still wonders about possible AESA or is it going to be couple of AESA for Couple of potential buyers....
YES, it was a relief indeed!! I did asked MOST of those questions and got some satisfying answers too. The problem thing is it is better not to go into ALL the details. Plus for those who have been involved and have been following thangs happening around JF17 I was quite sure that when I will say:
..............however it is sufficient to say that most of the things that we have been saying and discussion here for BLK III are being looked at officially as well and are likely to be part of that block. :)
you will get a pretty good idea and see, you did that. :)

About being busy, well there was this small matter of "GETTING MARRIED" :lol:
Got married on 27th January. Was busy with all that and frankly, still am!! :)

YES, it was a relief indeed!! I did asked MOST of those questions and got some satisfying answers too. The problem thing is it is better not to go into ALL the details. Plus for those who have been involved and have been following thangs happening around JF17 I was quite sure that when I will say:

Got it ... now would be waiting for a flight in last quarter this year, from Kamra..... In'Sha'ALLAH.....

Whaaaaaaaaatttt........ small matter man..... You did not tell ... :(.... Bhai dawat deta to kuch fer sher he kar dete --bhai ki salami ki tor par.....

C O N G R A T S ------------by the way.... Mubrook... mubarak.. and best of luck for all the rest of life as well....

It's very kind of you that even though you were busy with the matter but still you have given
Time to PDF
Thx for your kind and worthy infos

JF-17 with IFR probe . Credit : S.J

16427297_1218762221506755_4982908995855074998_n.jpg

we've not seen any of the recent Block IIs which have been rolled out with an IFR probe, which is a key feature which was shoved down everyone mouth.

Pakistan to Order 50 More Fighter Jets in 2017
The Pakistan military is likely to place an order for an additional 50 JF-17 fighter jets this year.

thediplomat_2015-01-06_12-04-00-36x36.jpg

By Franz-Stefan Gady for The Diplomat
February 08, 2017

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) will likely place an order for 50 Pakistan Aeronautical Complex/Chengdu Aerospace Corporation (PAC/CAC) JF-17 Block-III fighter jets in the first half of 2017, according to PAC chairman Air Marshall Arshad Malik.

The JF-17 is a lightweight, single-engine, multirole combat aircraft, powered by a Russian-designed-but-Chinese-built Klimov RD-93 (a RD-33 derivative) turbofan. The aircraft can reach a top speed of Mach 1.6 and reportedly has an operational range of 1,200 kilometers (745 miles). The fighter jet features seven hardpoints and can carry up to 3,629 kilograms in weaponry and other payloads.

The PAF is slated to induct 150 JF-17 combat aircraft over the next years split into three production blocks: Block-I, Block II, and Block-III. PAC has so far produced 50 Block-I aircraft and over 20 out of a total order of 50 Block-II JF-17s. According to the PAC chairman in an interview with Asian Military Review, Pakistan will produce 14 additional JF-17 Block-II aircraft in 2017.

The JF-17 Block-III, the latest variant of the combat aircraft, will feature new avionics including Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA), which will replace the older Nanjing Research Institute of Electronic Technologies’ (NRIET) KLJ-7 X-band fire control radar, and a new electronic warfare system, among other things.

As I explained previously (See: “Confirmed: Pakistan Air Force Now Operates 70 JF-17 Fighter Jets”):

Pakistan produces 58 percent of the airframe and China 42 percent. Islamabad has the capacity to assemble up to 25 JF-17s per year without Beijing’s technical assistance. However, as I noted in April 2015, according to Chinese and Pakistani media reports, China agreed to deliver 110 JF-17s to Pakistan in fly-away condition due to Pakistan’s still limited aircraft manufacturing capacity.

It appears that PAC’s production problems are a thing of the past as Pakistan has actively been promoting the aircraft to foreign customers. Nigeria has allegedly agreed to purchase three JF-17s; Myanmar placed an order for 16 combat aircraft and is purportedly considering ordering an unknown number of additional JF-17s.

As I reported elsewhere:

The JF-17 was originally developed to to replace the PAF’s aging fleet of Dassault Mirage III/5 fighter jets by 2o20. “Pakistan is looking to replace 190 aircraft—primarily Chengdu F-7 and Dassault Mirage III/5 fighter jets—by 2020 presumably with a mixture of F-16 and JF-17 aircraft. Pakistan, however, is also allegedly in talks with Russia over the purchase of Su-35 multi-role fighters,” I reported in April (See: “China and Pakistan Air Forces Launch Joint Training Exercise”).

PAC is also in the process of building a combat-capable two-seat trainer variant of the JF-17, the JF-17B. According to the PAC chairman, three JF-17Bs will be built initially.

Topics
Asia Defense

Tags
Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation
JF-17 Block-I
JF-17 Block-II
JF-17 Block-III
JF-17 Thunder
JF-17 two-seat variant
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex
Sino-Pak JF-17
Related Stories

December 13, 2016
Confirmed: Pakistan Air Force Now Operates 70 JF-17 Fighter Jets
The new number was released by Pakistan’s National Assembly in early December.
Read Story

Déjà Vu: Pakistan and Nigeria to Sign JF-17 Fighter Jet Deal in NovemberWill Kuwait Purchase Pakistan’s New Fighter Jet? Two-Seat Variant of China-Pakistan JF-17 Fighter Jet to Fly in 2016Sri Lanka to Buy 8 Sino-Pak JF-17 Fighter Jets Pakistan to Stick With Russian Engine for JF-17 Fighter Jet

http://thediplomat.com/2017/02/us-sanctions-on-iran-good-or-bad-news-for-china/

Congratulations Sir Jee and welcome to the club. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom