What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

no no umar. if you read the posts you need to clarify; you are discussing how much can be carried not that pl-15 cannot be used. they are different things.
you are right that number should have been mentioned in my post. But for better performance in BVR 4 should be the minimum figure of PL-15 with JF-17

2 bvr is sufficient for blk2 but not blk 3, here's my reasoning:

In bvr fight, if one has first look first shoot advantage then the more bvr missile the better because you can keep spamming missile at the other guy to force him on defensive, this is very cheesy yet effective.

However if one does not have this advantage (blk 2 doesn't against say mki), more bvr missiles are dead weight since by the time you let off two sd-10s you would have to go into defensive anyway. The weight and drag of two missile may not be much for heavier fighter, it is more noticeable for light fighter such as the JF.

Blk 3 with aesa and pl-15 should enjoy first look first shoot advantage against most things in indian inventory maybe with the exception of rafael, then it's best to have 4 bvr.

Hi,

I do not understand it---" fuel for what "---.
If the two hardpoints which are reserved for the fuel tanks are used by SD-10 then where does the fuel required for Range came from?
As being a lightweight aircraft jft has a less internal fuel capacity.

you are right that number should have been mentioned in my post. But for better performance in BVR 4 should be the minimum figure of PL-15 with JF-17
For that dual racks can be used. Or a configuration of 4 pl15 2 pl5 and one fuel tank can also be used.

So your statement is incorrect.

If the two hardpoints which are reserved for the fuel tanks are used by SD-10 then where does the fuel required for Range came from?
As being a lightweight aircraft jft has a less internal fuel capacity.

High,

After watching DCS videos---most you would have learnt that a cannon is a useless tool and an air dominance or air superiority fighter and only takes out space and adds extra weight---.

I am glad that the DCS videos will increase the intellect of those pakistanis who were hell bent on believing in the cannon on a fighter aircraft---.

I hope you have learnt by now that any pilot chasing another aircraft would be dead pilot---because it is never against one on one---.

You can't fly out with one fuel tank---you have to have three tanks---you will have to have DUAL MISSILE RACK ON EACH WING---. That is why---the original design of a 25% larger JF17 was tactically the right design---most of the time our first intuition about something is the right one---when we begin to change it---we are basically forcing ourselves to believe in an ALTERNATE TRUTH---.

For that dual racks can be used. Or a configuration of 4 pl15 2 pl5 and one fuel tank can also be used.

So your statement is incorrect.
weapons load is directly linked with thrust to weight ratio and thrust generate by jet engine .

weapons load is directly linked with thrust to weight ratio and thrust generate by jet engine .
More relevant for ground attack and anti ship role due to weight of missiles.

Pl15 class missiles weighs aroynd 200 kg. So even 4 missile will weight around 800 kg max with 2 pl 5 the total payload will be 1100 kg. Which is nuch lower than max take off load

High,

After watching DCS videos---most you would have learnt that a cannon is a useless tool and an air dominance or air superiority fighter and only takes out space and adds extra weight---.

I am glad that the DCS videos will increase the intellect of those pakistanis who were hell bent on believing in the cannon on a fighter aircraft---.

I hope you have learnt by now that any pilot chasing another aircraft would be dead pilot---because it is never against one on one---.

You can't fly out with one fuel tank---you have to have three tanks---you will have to have DUAL MISSILE RACK ON EACH WING---. That is why---the original design of a 25% larger JF17 was tactically the right design---most of the time our first intuition about something is the right one---when we begin to change it---we are basically forcing ourselves to believe in an ALTERNATE TRUTH---.
Actually I have learned how its not very hard to defeat BVR missiles fired at longer ranges (after watching non-JF-17 videos as well) and given how few missiles it does carry, having a gun now makes all the more sense.

Since its Q&A for everybody and you seems to know..so here it goes what i have gathered from forum.

Q1.can you tell me what are the distances of different shoot ques?
Higher you are more range you have..
Q2.how a BVR missile works?
Detection in TWS, Dmax1 launch via INS, the BVR Missiles goes pitbull meaning Active. there is also the option guide it all the way to the target.
Q3.what is lofting?
this is point in engagement where where you climb increase your AOA to Launch a BVR missile meaning if you are a 33k point your nose up and fire...missile is lofted and since air is thin you extract more range out of missile.
Q4.how many G can a bvr (120C) pull?
Now thats a tough question because you did not state the altitude? but since its open ended question so answer is open ended 50+ Gs
Q5.Inertia vectors for the missile
As i stated INS fed through TWS mode.
Q6.Sir do you even know how close do you have to get to achieve a 99.99% kill ratio on the sd-10 and aim-120?
we have example of 4nm in that distance SD10 or AIM120C does have 99.99% kill ratio.
Q7.sir can you tell me how long a rocket on an Aim-120 burns?
we have example of 22 second flight time from launch to hit so give or take 10 second..

@airomerix

Just a heads up. TWS isnt the only option. You can use other modes such as STT but because STT focuses on a single target, the enemy will be alerted by its RWR as to a lock as STT is alot more powerful

SD 10A's range is 100km max. R-77-1's range is 110km max. Ppl here saying that Thunder will detect SU 30 before

I'd be very very surprised if thats the case considering Su-30 has larger diameter radar and more power to supply to said radar. RCS matters too but I doubt the difference between thunder and mki is that big to offset the difference in radar, I could be wrong just need proof...

Back
Top Bottom