What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

PL-10 is available and inducting into PLAAF (A-darter) in development AESA in advance phase of development, WS-13 (already tested on JF-17), and another option is RD-93MA offered by Russian and rest gadgets are in different phases of development
Hi. PL-10 and A-Darter have not been operationalized yet. Next stage would be whether we are offered.
And I wouldn't comment here upon JF-17's BVR fiasco still plaguing the operational squadrons!

Hi. PL-10 and A-Darter have not been operationalized yet. Next stage would be whether we are offered.
And I wouldn't comment here upon JF-17's BVR fiasco still plaguing the operational squadrons!

Interesting.. SD-10 is not up to the mark or is it a software issue?

lets wait and see, PL-10 has a IOC in 2014 in PLAAF

http://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17-Thunder/284

Photo-284.JPG

Hi,

Your post has taken the " AIR " out of the balloon.

Second, not all modern fighters carry IRSTS since birth. Some do get it after plastic surgery. E.g F-14D, F-16 Block60, F-15s for Korea and KSA, late variants of Super Hornets, Gripen E/F etc. So we could call them modular. Check Legion pod, btw.
Actually...We cannot. The most we can call them -- even the popular F-16 -- is quasi-modular.

Given the resources, from finance to intellectual, any aircraft can be modified. Take the Iranian efforts on the F-5, for example. The Iranians modified the American F-5 from having a single vertical stab to twin canted vertical stabs. Does that mean the original F-5 is 'modular' ? Not really.

Ease of maintenance naturally make it easier to modify, and that is what happened to later, meaning post Vietnam War era, generations of fighters. But a truly 'modular' aircraft must be designed that way from conception.

lets wait and see, PL-10 has a IOC in 2014 in PLAAF
please comment on BVR fiasco

so atleast 91 AC are flying in final colors
No SD-10 capability so far. Reasons I wouldn't comment for security implications. Yet Thunders tearing the skies with flying colors day and night since a full decade! As the gonzo talk goes here: Abhi tak hamarey hawabaaz sirf ghantay chaap rahay hain!
When we brought Vipers Blk 52s to Shahbaz, we put them into full ADA duty the next week, full multi-shot AMRAAM capability besides other things for the first time ever in our history. That's what a mature platform brings into the foray. As a side note and as Mastan Sb loves to say time and again, Mirage-2000s would've given us this ability a decade earlier plus the MICA-IR with HMS had we gone that route. Plus the prospects of a future buy of Rafale too. Plz, mark my words: MICA-IR is doubtlessly the best IR missile in play today, far superior than AIM-9X, IRIS-T, A-Darter, Python 5 blah blah blah. Vipers still lack Gen 5 missiles and probably wouldn't never get at all.
The thinking in PAF top ranks goes like this: Why buy a heat seeker for the price of a BVR missile? No doubt, they would wait for the PL-10 and then spend another decade, trying to improve upon it all the while IAF and IN would be top players in WVR warfare with their MICAs, Archers etc. In BVR, they already have got a head start, though not an edge I would say. We love to boast about our close range combat superiority. It'd be eroded too if things proceed in their current state.

No SD-10 capability so far. Reasons I wouldn't comment for security implications. Yet Thunders tearing the skies with flying colors day and night since a full decade!

That's a plain lie. I see them flying with sd-10s from Masroor every other day. They are equipped with live rounds, not the skyblue dummy ones.

That's a plain lie. I see them flying with sd-10s from Masroor every other day. They are equipped with live rounds, not the skyblue dummy ones.
Call it whatever you like. I wouldn't say anything more than I've already said. Let's go on wishing and praying it's a lie becoz if not, we are screwed!

Please explain this what is your source,
you may be a false flagger pretending to be a Pakistani:blah::blah:
please provide a solid prove that we have No SD-10 capabilty so far:crazy:
Ok, you first prove you are a Pakistani. You also prove solidly we've got an SD-10 capability.

Call it whatever you like. I wouldn't say anything more than I've already said. Let's go on wishing and praying it's a lie becoz if not, we are screwed!

When you claim something, it is up to you to validate it. You said there is no capability whereas the truth is otherwise. The Sd-10A is not only active and running but is proving to be a great asset for the PAF.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom