What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

No SD-10 capability so far. Reasons I wouldn't comment for security implications. Yet Thunders tearing the skies with flying colors day and night since a full decade! As the gonzo talk goes here: Abhi tak hamarey hawabaaz sirf ghantay chaap rahay hain!
When we brought Vipers Blk 52s to Shahbaz, we put them into full ADA duty the next week, full multi-shot AMRAAM capability besides other things for the first time ever in our history. That's what a mature platform brings into the foray. As a side note and as Mastan Sb loves to say time and again, Mirage-2000s would've given us this ability a decade earlier plus the MICA-IR with HMS had we gone that route. Plus the prospects of a future buy of Rafale too. Plz, mark my words: MICA-IR is doubtlessly the best IR missile in play today, far superior than AIM-9X, IRIS-T, A-Darter, Python 5 blah blah blah. Vipers still lack Gen 5 missiles and probably wouldn't never get at all.
The thinking in PAF top ranks goes like this: Why buy a heat seeker for the price of a BVR missile? No doubt, they would wait for the PL-10 and then spend another decade, trying to improve upon it all the while IAF and IN would be top players in WVR warfare with their MICAs, Archers etc. In BVR, they already have got a head start, though not an edge I would say. We love to boast about our close range combat superiority. It'd be eroded too if things proceed in their current state.

Your comments folks.

@Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

When you claim something, it is up to you to validate it. You said there is no capability whereas the truth is otherwise. The Sd-10A is not only active and running but is proving to be a great asset for the PAF.
Btw, PAF never claimed SD-10 is fully ops anyway. Who told you it is?

When you claim something, it is up to you to validate it. You said there is no capability whereas the truth is otherwise. The Sd-10A is not only active and running but is proving to be a great asset for the PAF.

I am in Peshawar, frequently see thunder taking off and landing as it passes over my office, i have seen it with SD-10 many times, mostly in pairs one bogie is usually without any load otherone loaded

Are'nt you the same guy who claimed no saab aewc aircraft destroyed in kamra attack?

Read the title of the thread troll.

I am in Peshawar, frequently see thunder taking off and landing as it passes over my office, i have seen it with SD-10 many times, mostly in pairs one bogie is usually without any load otherone loaded

That scenario depicts BVR engagement drills. They've been doing this for several years now.

Apparently, the PAF guys still dont know they are operating the missile and carrying live rounds. You should tell them they are.

Carrying a missile and employing a weapon in ops role are slightly different. If you dust off your memory, PAF birds flew with Matra-530 rounds in 1970s. Folks must have been felt proud similarly when they stared gaga-eyed at those hotties from Masroor, Sargodha etc. Yet, for all practical reasons they added nothing but extra drag to the aircraft.

No SD-10 capability so far. Reasons I wouldn't comment for security implications. Yet Thunders tearing the skies with flying colors day and night since a full decade! As the gonzo talk goes here: Abhi tak hamarey hawabaaz sirf ghantay chaap rahay hain!
When we brought Vipers Blk 52s to Shahbaz, we put them into full ADA duty the next week, full multi-shot AMRAAM capability besides other things for the first time ever in our history. That's what a mature platform brings into the foray. As a side note and as Mastan Sb loves to say time and again, Mirage-2000s would've given us this ability a decade earlier plus the MICA-IR with HMS had we gone that route. Plus the prospects of a future buy of Rafale too. Plz, mark my words: MICA-IR is doubtlessly the best IR missile in play today, far superior than AIM-9X, IRIS-T, A-Darter, Python 5 blah blah blah. Vipers still lack Gen 5 missiles and probably wouldn't never get at all.
The thinking in PAF top ranks goes like this: Why buy a heat seeker for the price of a BVR missile? No doubt, they would wait for the PL-10 and then spend another decade, trying to improve upon it all the while IAF and IN would be top players in WVR warfare with their MICAs, Archers etc. In BVR, they already have got a head start, though not an edge I would say. We love to boast about our close range combat superiority. It'd be eroded too if things proceed in their current state.

horse shit..

Carrying a missile and employing a weapon in ops role are slightly different. If you dust off your memory, PAF birds flew with Matra-530 rounds in 1970s. Folks must have been felt proud similarly when they stared gaga-eyed at those hotties from Masroor, Sargodha etc. Yet, for all practical reasons they added nothing but extra drag to the aircraft.
Then what are you trying to tell that they only carrying SD-10 for showoff and not able to fire it:hitwall::devil::angry::mad: you're reported for baseless post:blah::blah:

Hold on, so you want to see it fly and kill a bogey to make you believe it is in service? You just took stupidity to another level.

Matra 530s were big and draggy and less accurate but they were still used by Mirages. Why on earth would you bring them here?

Every single external loadout, be it a missile, fuel tank, targeting or ecm pod, will naturally make the aircraft draggy.

What is this crap you are talking.. 530s had same kind of limitations which other missiles of that type had in that era. But almost no fighter jet of that times carried a RWR and if you somehow knew one is coming toward you, you will quickly turn away and head toward relative safety of lower altitudes. Stop sewing bullshit here..

What is this crap you are talking.. 530s had same kind of limitations which other missiles of that type had in that era. But almost no fighter jet of that times carried a RWR and if you somehow knew one is coming toward you, you will quickly turn away and head toward relative safety of lower altitudes. Stop sewing bullshit here..
Just report @CombatSurgeon he is defiantly a false flagger bro, no need to answer @CombatSurgeon just report him

Then what are you trying to tell that they only carrying SD-10 for showoff and not able to fire it:hitwall::devil::angry::mad: you're reported for baseless post:blah::blah:
Nobody says SD-10s are for show off. In and of itself, it's a potent weapon. Till the overall package is declared ops, every Thunder boy would be asking for a Viper flying shotgun! No shame in it, btw.
As for any desperate situation arising tomorrow or sooner, Thunder pilots would pickle their SD-10s against bandits and hope for the best! At least, hostile RWRs would scream and make them do some evasive rolls of their own. In mid-eighties fearing an Israeli raid, PAF had their FT-5s scrambled with student pilots in cockpits along with whatever else was available in swarms to clutter the radar scopes on enemy jets. That raid didn't progress eventually.

Nobody says SD-10s are for show off. In and of itself, it's a potent weapon. Till the overall package is declared ops, every Thunder boy would be asking for a Viper flying shotgun! No shame in it, btw.
As for any desperate situation arising tomorrow or sooner, Thunder pilots would pickle their SD-10s against bandits and hope for the best! At least, hostile RWRs would scream and make them do some evasive rolls of their own. In mid-eighties fearing an Israeli raid, PAF had their FT-5s scrambled with student pilots in cockpits along with whatever else was available in swarms to clutter the radar scopes on enemy jets. That raid didn't progress eventually.

Thats what every pilot does seeing a bogey. Why singling out the sd-10 here? The RWR keeps shouting once a threat is detected. Until the threat is done, it will keep shouting, it is made to do that isnt it?

The rest of your post is nothing but an attempt of trolling. You brought something you didnt have a clue about. The sd-10 is a potent weapon and has established its credentials pretty early.

You are high on something.
Multiple times JF-17 has been shown in full Air defense Duty.

Back
Top Bottom