What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

FwKZlkPaIAE9svz

First of all Moskva is not bad example, it was for a reason a flagship of black sea fleet.

Japanese are smarter indeed there is no doubt about that but Pakistan armed forces is not dumb either there is reason c802 are carried by JF17 with AK variant that has penetration warhead. with this logic we shouldn't even be discussing anything on this forum as we all are just guessing and keyboard experts and close this PDF forum. The purpose of this forum is to discuss and ask questions. If everyone is going to discuss the same narrative/angle/opinion like yours than there will be no diverse knowledge.

Respectfully calling someone kid without proper knowledge? I joined in 2009 and still I was adult then now do math if I am kid. Always admired your posts. I was discussing and started conversation with you, but why do you have to personally attack someone like that. Either discuss professionally and reply or please just don't reply to the posts. Its OK I am old enough and capable enough to make conclusions by myself.

Exactly 👍
Pakistan mirages carried normally 1 ashm. Now jf17 carries two this is a huge leap Alhamdulillah.
Mirage and JF-17 in the same paragraph gives me the sudden urge of proposing a beauty like the F-16 XL or King Snake .
Dying wish would be to see a Jeff Samosa... Preferably with a final variant of the ws-13.

Attachments

• F-16xl.jpg
    F-16xl.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 41
  • F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg
    F-16_and_F-16XL_aerial_top_down_view.jpg
    566.6 KB · Views: 33
  • images (18).jpeg
    images (18).jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 31
Mirage and JF-17 in the same paragraph gives me the sudden urge of proposing a beauty like the F-16 XL or King Snake .
Dying wish would be to see a Jeff Samosa... Preferably with a final variant of the ws-13.
The reason F16 XL didn’t go into production because it failed and the Samosas uses the same configuration so by definition it’s also failure.

The reason F16 XL didn’t go into production because it failed and the Samosas uses the same configuration so by definition it’s also failure.
Don't think that F-16 XL failed. There were other things involved which cancelled further development and serial production, including USAF tendency to go towards double engine jets.

Failed is a relative term my friend.
Failed against what ? and how ?

The XL was a fine design, and the technologies it brought in that time, will give a serious
if not fatal blow to our enemy today.

As fate would have it, politics and economics prevailed, much the same way Mirage 4000 went down.

Failed is a relative term my friend.
Failed against what ? and how ?

The XL was a fine design, and the technologies it brought in that time, will give a serious
if not fatal blow to our enemy today.

As fate would have it, politics and economics prevailed, much the same way Mirage 4000 went down.
F-16XL did not fail per se. It was put against the F-15E for the ATF contract. The F-15E was a cheaper to create because it was basically a retooling of F-15C with new electronics and avionics. F-16XL would need a redesign of the F-16 itself. Additionally tge F-15E was superior in every way from range, payload and capabilities perspective.

F-16XL did not fail per se. It was put against the F-15E for the ATF contract. The F-15E was a cheaper to create because it was basically a retooling of F-15C with new electronics and avionics. F-16XL would need a redesign of the F-16 itself. Additionally tge F-15E was superior in every way from range, payload and capabilities perspective.

That is almost the point I was trying to make as well.

the XL was a good design, and as a bomber it will still do wonders,

Back
Top Bottom