What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Shiny THUNDER during Golden Hour!..............................

1644505590829.png

There was an article suggesting capping of production at 180. However I thinl it will gp upto 250 units at least with 50 -100 units sold abroad inshaaAllah. I do not think we will stop at 30 units pf block 3 when there are indications we are evaluating RD93MA and assembling AESA Radar in house. That to me looks loke a preparation for another block.
250 seems like a good number.

If you look at how many Mushshaks Pakistan has inducted - PAF will keep making them until it starts making something else so that it does not lose skill or experience. Dont be suprised if they end up hitting 300+.
300 is too many. Should be max 250.

Keep tight guys, more good news coming through.
JFT has done a test flight with RA'AD from Kamra last week and some aviation spotters have captured it as well. The pictures are there but might not come that early. The version of the RA'AD is also unknown at the moment but it would most probably be 2.
Mark my post for NEAR future reference.

Last edited:
JFT has done a test flight with RA'AD from Kamra last week and some aviation spotters have captured it as well. The pictures are there but might not come that early. The version of the RA'AD is also unknown at the moment but it would most probably be 2.
I could not have imagined UP elections causing so many disclosures from Pakistan.

The 'Surgical Strikes' drama was also for Indian state elections & was just Indians making a fuss in IOK along the Line of Control.

Pakistan wishes to preempt any misadventure using posture alone.

Hope there is some modified conventional version of Raad ALCM which we can offer for exports as well.Like last day,i read Pakistan offered air to surface missile to Myanmar.
So there is some hope for something like Raad-lite.

How many JF-17 is Pakistan planning in total? 200? 250?
Block-1A = 50 produced (1 crashed)
Block-2A = 62 produced (2 crashed)
Block-2B = 26 produced (1 crashed)
Block-3A = 30 ordered

Total expected for PAF: 168 (4 crashed).

It could go upto 188 if Block-3A order is enhanced to 50 aircraft.

Hope there is some modified conventional version of Raad ALCM which we can offer for exports as well.Like last day,i read Pakistan offered air to surface missile to Myanmar.
So there is some hope for something like Raad-lite.
Please don't spread rumors. What air to surface missile is produced by Pakistan that can be offered for export. Secondly why would Myanmar look towards Pakistan for such a requirement?

Any idea when we can expect to start seeing BLOCK III pictures as regularly as we see BLOCK II and Bravo ?

Please don't spread rumors. What air to surface missile is produced by Pakistan that can be offered for export. Secondly why would Myanmar look towards Pakistan for such a requirement?

Hi,

Very simple---because pakistan produces such a weapon and would likely sell it to Myanmar.

Block-1A = 50 produced (1 crashed)
Block-2A = 62 produced (2 crashed)
Block-2B = 26 produced (1 crashed)
Block-3A = 30 ordered

Total expected for PAF: 168 (4 crashed).

It could go upto 188 if Block-3A order is enhanced to 50 aircraft.

What is the total strength PAF has set for JF-17? I hope it’s not less than 300 ACs and rest F-16/J-10.

What is the total strength PAF has set for JF-17? I hope it’s not less than 300 ACs and rest F-16/J-10.
As per the previous communication from a year or two ago, 30 Block-3As have been ordered. No further communication since then has come out.

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has mentioned a number of times on this forum that if Pakistan were to acquire the J-10s, then Block-3A order will be capped at 50. So in total, 188 will be produced for the PAF. Whether they'll produce Block-4 thereafter, remains to be seen.

Personally, in my humble opinion even 168-188 Thunders is a fairly large fleet for the PAF to maintain. Now if the ALCMs could be transferred from Mirages to J-10s, or if ALCMs could be made smaller to be carried by the JF-17s so there's no need for Mirages, then there's a chance that Mirages could be replaced by the Thunders. That could take the total JF-17 fleet strength with the PAF to 250+.

Here's the original forecast made by the ACM (I think) prior to the Block-3 acquisition:

Year
Block
Type
Qty
Block
Type
Qty
2019​
2​
Bravo​
8​
2020​
2​
Bravo​
14​
3​
Alpha​
2​
2021​
2​
Bravo​
4​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2022​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2023​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2024​
3​
Alpha​
12​

The above forecast was made prior to the pandemic and the two JF-17 Thunders that crashed as follows:

DayDateSerial No.BlockTypeState
Tuesday​
15 Sept 2020​
17-241​
2​
Alpha​
Crashed​
Friday​
6 Aug 2021​
Unknown​
2​
Bravo​
Crashed​

Last edited:
As per the previous communication from a year or two ago, 30 Block-3As have been ordered. No further communication since then has come out.

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) has mentioned a number of times on this forum that if Pakistan were to acquire the J-10s, then Block-3A order will be capped at 50. So in total, 188 will be produced for the PAF. Whether they'll produce Block-4 thereafter, remains to be scene.

Personally, in my humble opinion even 168-188 Thunders is a fairly large fleet for the PAF to maintain. Now if the ALCMs could be transferred from Mirages to J-10s, or if ALCMs could be made smaller to be carried by the JF-17s so there's No need for Mirages, then there's a chance that Mirages could be replaced by the Thunders. That could take the total JF-17 fleet strength with the PAF to 250+.

Here's the original forecast made by the ACM (I think) prior for the Block-3 acquisition:

Year
Block
Type
Qty
Block
Type
Qty
2019​
2​
Bravo​
8​
2020​
2​
Bravo​
14​
3​
Alpha​
2​
2021​
2​
Bravo​
4​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2022​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2023​
3​
Alpha​
12​
2024​
3​
Alpha​
12​

The above forecast was made prior to the pandemic and the two JF-17 Thunders that crashed as follows:

DayDateSerial No.BlockTypeState
Tuesday​
15 Sept 2020​
17-241​
2​
Alpha​
Crashed​
Friday​
6 Aug 2021​
Unknown​
2​
Bravo​