What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

PAC Visit 2.jpg

So in essence you would confirm that these two images circling in several forums are faked?

Yes bro.. Those pictures are PSed and news does not carry any weight to rely upon. For now, at-least there is nothing to prove in this regard. Testing, recommendation, interests or possible induction are different than what is being shared without any credible source but fake (PSed) picture.

@The Eagle No PL15. Indegenous alternative only in future.

The most precise & accurate yet very informative. Thank you so much for this because, it's just validate something for me. Can't express ATM but again, thanks.

Self reliance & indigenous solution will also give us more freedom in respect of less compromised or totally new weapon as a surprise and above all, fulfilling our requirements as per our experience in battlefield and different platforms.

A surprise same as like what Thunder did and proved with shock element.

Last edited:
article_5c88d1b4410eb8_55001623_large.jpg

JF-17 Block 3 Concept Design

JF-17 Block 3 Begins Initial Production;
New Fighter to Revolutionise Pakistani Capabilities

Chief designer of the JF-17 Thunder fighter jet Yang Wei, also developer of the J-20 stealth fighter for the Chinese People's Liberation Army, reported in a press conference in early March 2019 that production of an advanced new variant of the combat jet, the JF-17 Block III, has been initiated. “All related work is being carried out… the third block will see the JF-17’s informatized warfare capability and weapons upgraded,” he stated. The aircraft is being developed under a joint venture between the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex and the Chengdu Aerospace Corporation, and production of the fighter in Pakistan is expected to be established at a later date much as it did with the Block I and Block II variants. The new fighter is set to revolutionise Pakistani aerial warfare capabilities, incorporating an advanced active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar (possibly the Chinese made KLJ-7A), new electronic warfare systems, a new fly by wire digital flight control system, a new helmet mounted display and access to a new wider range of more sophisticated munitions. This are reported to include new longer ranged and more sophisticated air to air munitions, the PL-15 according to some reports, and possibly more advanced variants of the PL-12, which will considerably enhance the aircraft’s performance in air to air combat.

article_5c88d17297cfb5_13032911.jpg

JF-17 Thunder Single Engine Light Fighter

Other possible upgrades to the JF-17 design which will be integrated onto the Block III variant include an infra red search and track system and a radar cross section reducing 'pseudo-stealthy' airframe. Use of a more powerful AESA radar will revolutionise the fighter’s situational awareness while at the same time minimising its radar signature to increase survivability. This radar system is expected to be more powerful than anything currently in Indian service other than the Bars passive electronically scanned array radar deployed by the Su-30MKI, and combined with new longer ranged air to air munitions, such as the PL-15 which with a 150km range currently outranges any analogues in Indian service, will provide Pakistan’s fleet with an edge in combat.

JF-17 with YJ-12 Anti Ship Cruise Missiles.jpg

JF-17 with YJ-12 Anti Ship Cruise Missiles

China’s Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology is reportedly developing the new AESA radar system for the aircraft, which “can be fitted on the airframe very fast, ensuring a quick delivery time,” according to designer Yang. For the airframe itself, PAC is reportedly set to manufacture 58 percent, with Chengdu manufacturing the remaining 42 percent. The possibility for upgrading older variants of the JF-17 with new radars and avionics, particularly the JF-17 Block I which retains below average situational awareness, has also been raised. A number of foreign clients have expresses considerable interest in the fighter, which though considerably cheaper is far more sophisticated and capable than its widely marketed American analogue F-16C Fighting Falcon (though its airframe is still slower and less manoeuvrable - but capable of higher altitudes.) Among the interested parties are Egypt, Malaysia, Iran and Azerbaijan - with other states likely to follow suit particularly if the aircraft is capable of deploying high end long range missiles such as the PL-15 - which for many states would be a game changer for their aerial warfare capabilities.

Last edited:
So in essence you would confirm that these two images circling in several forums are faked?

Hi,

Paf never displays un-necessary weapons---and air to air missiles---hardly ever---.

The most precise & accurate yet very informative. Thank you so much for this because, it's just validate something for me. Can't express ATM but again, thanks.

Self reliance & indigenous solution will also give us more freedom in respect of less compromised or totally new weapon as a surprise and above all, fulfilling our requirements as per our experience in battlefield and different platforms.

A surprise same as like what Thunder did and proved with shock element.

Hi,

There was NO shock in its capability---. The shock was only for those who did not know---.

I stated about 10 years ago about Better quality EW package and a better missile will win---.

Engine horsepower---climbing up like having an eternal hardon is only good for the shows and not in actual combat---.

Engine producing smoke---makes no difference---20 k lbs thrust or 30 k lbs thrust---it all depends on how quickly the thrust is available to make the difference---.

Top speed of over 1200 mph is for show---it is of no function in the every day combat

There are certain thing in the JF17 that cannot be disclosed---even amongst the friends---.

Air Marshall Latif was no ordinary program director---. He was one of the most 'concerned about' pakistani officer by the the americans----they never allowed him to become the air chief---otherwise---the Paf would have been at a totally different pleteau---and the americans would not allow that to happen.

Only if the JF17 was 25% larger in size---there were so many goodies that could have been installed on it---that it would have wreaked havoc on the enemy---and would have been second to none other than the 5th gen aircraft---.

The point to learn over here is that the ---young pakistani kids should never brag about the ability of war horses before them going into combat---.

Always make your product look worst that what it is---never give out the abilities of your primary war machines---.

Hi,

Paf never displays un-necessary weapons---and air to air missiles---hardly ever---.

Hi,

There was NO shock in its capability---. The shock was only for those who did not know---.

I stated about 10 years ago about Better quality EW package and a better missile will win---.

Engine horsepower---climbing up like having an eternal hardon is only good for the shows and not in actual combat---.

Engine producing smoke---makes no difference---20 k lbs thrust or 30 k lbs thrust---it all depends on how quickly the thrust is available to make the difference---.

Top speed of over 1200 mph is for show---it is of no function in the every day combat

There are certain thing in the JF17 that cannot be disclosed---even amongst the friends---.

Air Marshall Latif was no ordinary program director---. He was one of the most 'concerned about' pakistani officer by the the americans----they never allowed him to become the air chief---otherwise---the Paf would have been at a totally different pleteau---and the americans would not allow that to happen.

Only if the JF17 was 25% larger in size---there were so many goodies that could have been installed on it---that it would have wreaked havoc on the enemy---and would have been second to none other than the 5th gen aircraft---.

The point to learn over here is that the ---young pakistani kids should never brag about the ability of war horses before them going into combat---.

Always make your product look worst that what it is---never give out the abilities of your primary war machines---.
Problem was the engine sir..25% larger would have meant a more powerful engine which wasnt available ..
Russia barely released rd 93 after Pakistan approached the French as well..

What could have been from get go is an additional hardpoint for pod and may be measures to reduce weight and increase fuel to give it more range

Hi,

Hi,

Spot on sir... If i have i7 just because as i cant afford the next version i always try to satisfy myself my phone is equivalent to iPhone x-y-z.... Although we have everything in our JF-17 but less compared to J-10s or Rafaels

Problem was the engine sir..25% larger would have meant a more powerful engine which wasnt available ..
Russia barely released rd 93 after Pakistan approached the French as well..

What could have been from get go is an additional hardpoint for pod and may be measures to reduce weight and increase fuel to give it more range

Hi,

Problems are there to be solved---.

More hard points is again a " Hard on "---you don't need an eternal hardon in today's warfare---.

What you need is a tactically superior aircraft thru some very nice EW packages---which are modular in nature and their sensors may be mounted all around the aircraft for a better situational awareness in mounting an offencive strike---.

It really is amazing---that in just ONE COMBAT---no one talks about the excessive smoke of this aircraft---no one talks about the horsepower---no one talk about the thrust to weight ratio---no one talks about getting mach 2---??? @Hakikat ve Hikmet @Mentee

You guys know why---because all you guys information was based on NON SENSE---based on things that had no logic in air combat---based on illiteracy about the subject matter---.

What was amazing was that when I used to give examples that I learnt from highly qualified combat and weapons operators---the young pakistani fools negated it all the time and I would say to myself---wow--amazing isn't it---.

This pakistani kid may not have the ability to lay one brick straight on the ground---but he wants to talk and act like he is a superstar---.

My goodness---just barely one contact with the enemy---and the smoke has dissipated like it never existed---oh well---.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom