What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

For people here again stating buying defunct JH-7 jets or their Su-27 variants, neither will happen. I think its time to move past discussing these two points over and over.

Exactly ... actually india has given the lolypop of F16 production line to US therefore any decision on this will take time ...
That might've been true under something like Bill Clinton's administration. Under Trump these Indian tactics are not gonna fly. He is gonna keep this power play firmly under his grasp. He would want to get Pakistan's money and India's money. So he would let Pak have its upgrades while also force India F16s. This dangling a carrot thing just won't work on Trump IMO. The only delay is Pakistan's economy being in disarray.
another route could be in the form of getting permission from US to get upgrades from turkey as turkey is also working on aesa radar on its f16 ...
I doubt Pak can get any upgrades on F16s circumventing the US. Turkey won't be able to upgrade Pak's F16s without the permission of US.
Actually PAF is hopeful of gettong V upgrade eventually thats why they are not much worried about rafael ... thunder block 3 will be an overkill for mki as block 2 is already capable to take on mki ... the real problem will be the adjustment of number gap ...
It all comes down to the economy. Once that gets going, Pak can get the V upgrade and build JF17s in numbers. With this high/low Pak can fast close the gap with IAF in both quality and quantity. I'm really hoping PTI is going to be different than all the idiots Pak has had so far. Change will be slow though...as long as it's there, I'll be happy.

Oye yaar pehle article parh lo phir tasweerein dekhte rehna. Read my post...it has a link to an article talking about this JH7 shown at Zhuhai 2018 show. The one u r posting the picture of.

From what I understand, reading your post and the following response to it by another member on this thread. You said that JH-7B production has been closed, to which the other person countered saying it's been shown as JH-7E (export). Then you post an article about China offering its combat worthy hardware to other countries interested. Among the hardware, is the JH-7Bs. In so far as I can tell, the part about the availability of JH-7Bs is pretty much clarified. The only thing left to determine is whether JH-7E is a new production model or modified EDA model for export. If it is an EDA for export, then the question arises whether spare parts and engines would be made available by the vendor? Assuming that they are, then the only thing left to ask is whether Pakistan Air Force is even keen on buying JH-7s.

I guess that pretty much clarifies the argument on either end?

From what I understand, reading your post and the following response to it by another member on this thread. You said that JH-7B production has been closed, to which the other person countered saying it's been shown as JH-7E (export). Then you post an article about China offering its combat worthy hardware to other countries interested. Among the hardware, is the JH-7Bs. In so far as I can tell, the part about the availability of JH-7Bs is pretty much clarified. The only thing left to determine is whether JH-7E is a new production model or modified EDA model for export. If it is an EDA for export, then the question arises whether spare parts and engines would be made available by the vendor? Assuming that they are, then the only thing left to ask is whether Pakistan Air Force is even keen on buying JH-7s.

I guess that pretty much clarifies the argument on either end?
Yeah that's roughly the gist of it.

Hi,
Sir can i ask a question.if china has surplus JH-7A in their inventory,then what will be the price per aircraft if Pakistan has willing to buy them. and how many they want to sale.thanks.

Hi,

It would depend on what basis you would want to negotiate on them---.

If you bring in Belt & Road---Gwadar Pasni and the ocean security---you can and must get them for peanuts---fully re-furbished with modern aesa and other newer EW suite---.

See---the popping up of the indian submarine close to pakistan boundaries have woken up many who were sleeping dead---including china---.

That will only happen if India buys the F-18 (or any other american fighter.)
It has nothing to do with India.

Does China have an export ban on its flankers?
Would you even find that they were showed in Zhuhai Airshow?

Zhuhai Airshow would basically show the weapons that are hoped to be exported.
Most of weapons only used by PLA would never be there.

1). J-11 family fighters includes J-11, J-11A, J-11B, J-11BS, J-16, and so on. Their relationship is as follows:
Su-27SK -> J-11 -> J-11A -> J-11B -> J-11D
Su-27UBK -> J-11BS -> J-16
In PLAAF, J-16 plays the role as a bomb or missile truck, and also beats J-10C in "Golden Helmet"-2018 air combat competition.

2). There are only J-11B, J-16, and J-15 in production now. J-11B and J-16 use nothing from Russia, including engines and ammunition.

3). PLAAF buys Su-35SK, basically due to its engines. China always has a two-track strategy.

4). If Pakistan buys J-11 family fighters, Russia can get nothing from the deal.
Hi my friend thanks for your detailed reply so you mean to say china can not export any of the
J series to any country though they are using their own technology in the system?
Can you elaborate more what are the new features in jh7 E other then jh7a or b
Thank you for your input

Hi my friend thanks for your detailed reply so you mean to say china can not export any of the
J series to any country though they are using their own technology in the system?
Thank you
1). J series include many types of fighter aircrafts, such as J-5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-11, J-15, J-16, and J-20. J-11 series is just one of them.

2). China has to consider the relationship with Russia, and J-11 series would not be exported basically. And that is also a reason why SAC tries to develop FC-31.
img-0acbf464afeca2dcd70a5f74cdcfbc97.jpg

Last edited:
Jh-7 has been offered as new and well as used now for sale but has never found a buyer

It’s design and technology is 70s

Most tactical airforces Prefer multi role light weight/cost vs old concept of dedicated platforms tornado was last one dedicated platforms in fga developed which eventually needed air defense variant

Lastly this in jf thread so back to jf ;)

7th jf sqn already in work and expecting formal ceremony ??

Last edited:
Hi,
It means that if Pakistan uses the Belt & Road card,PAF can get JH-7E in big numbers on a cheap price or some soft loans for not only filling up the gap but also it could be force multiplier. If we get AESA radars,new EW suits, new ECCM and Martin Baker ejection seats New MFD.
(Sorry in advance if i say something extra or wrong because i m a civilian fan)Thanks.

Hi,

It is not a lie---but a reality---. With the temperature in south china seas rising over the years---not enough attention has been paid on gwadar---till the indian submarine popped up during the visit of chinese naval vessel---.

Israel has also done similar thing with the US to get what they wanted and so has our neighbor india---.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom