What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

As it stands

Future induction of or commitment to any aircraft be it j31 or TFX or j10c or jh7 series should be on hold for about 2/3 years.
Lets see what jf17b and j17 blk 3 has to offer when coupled with an improved rd93ma i.e. more power which is hopefully more efficinet as well.
Once we have a dry and wet thrust figures, along with details like TBOH etc and they turn out to be encouraging then we can start discussions and see to the possibility to have the same engine mated to a j31-P or in best case scenario to a TFX-P in the future.
With a j31-P we can have a PAF specific plateform realtively earlier i. e. by mid to late 20s which can cater to alot of our needs.
Alternatively we can go for a block 4 or JF18/20 what ever u want to call it... which can be a further upgradation of the jf17 project with changes to the airframe e. g. the nose, wingspan, tail etc which basically decreases the radar signature while increasing the payload and internal fuel.
The first and foremost priority after block 3 and jf17b serial production should be an overhaul facility from russia for rd93/rd93ma. Get that via payment or tieing it upto the gas pipeline or anyother contract and u end up with a fighter plane which is on the same path as mirages were in 90s.
I believe that talking of jh7, flankers etc now while the economy is on IV fluids while we try to survive and revive the industry / exports by putting it on gulf steroids will not lead us anywhere. Lets hope for the best for block 3 and B version and pray that we sail through next 2/3 years and then inshallah we can have better and more practical options available to us.
It is a fighter-bomber, not a fighter.

View attachment 531491

I don't agree on Jh-7b, it's pretty old design from 70s.

I might agree to Jh-7c if Chinese ever decided to reshape to make it more modern.
2zgffdf.jpg

I re-did the photoshop and uploaded this picture.

JH-7C
2zgffdf.jpg

OR redesigned J-8V
46_15242.jpg

In fact, after J-20 is in service, PLAAF has found that 4 or 4.5-generation fighter aircrafts are meaningless to against 5-generation fighter aircrafts, and J-11D is basically given up.

The so-called JH-7C or J-8V is not possible any more.

That was the whole point of rejecting twice when China offered Jh-7 to Pakistan.

No. J-20 will still see significant development. We might perhaps see an entirely new PLAAF fighter jet.
You like to tease ma'am. Your open ended comments (like We might perhaps see an entirely new PLAAF fighter jet) will start long debates.

There is J-10CE at Zhuhai Airshow-2018.
And J-10C has flied to Pakistan for the first time, instead of J-10B.
As we know, J-10C still is not allowed to be showed at Zhuhai Airshow-2018.

Has anyone seen a copy or image of the Zhuhai Airshow J-10CE leaflet?

I think Pakistan Air Force moved away from dedicated, specific role, bombers. Last time we had dedicated bombers, were when Martin B-57s were in Pakistan Air Force inventory. With Mirages, Ballistic Missiles and Cruise Missiles, I think Pakistan Air Force is more focused on have an all Multi-role fighter fleet. At least that's what it looks like.

No. J-20 will still see significant development. We might perhaps see an entirely new PLAAF fighter jet.

Hi,

Thank you for your post---. The J20 and the J31 has given a massive leap in technology---and to top that off---the criticism of the winglets of the J20 and other items on these two aircraft has given the chinese enough experience and knowledge from the critics to correct any shortcomings for future aircraft in the making---.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom