What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I'm not trying to argue with you; this comes as a surprising news because all of the reports, however limited they are, have stated that the 10C uses NRIET radars.

When you are claiming that you "personally" saw them, do you mean that you've worked with the design teams for both aircraft, or did you simply saw a report/picture on the Internet somewhere?
I'm not trying to argue with you; this comes as a surprising news because all of the reports, however limited they are, have stated that the 10C uses NRIET radars.

When you are claiming that you "personally" saw them, do you mean that you've worked with the design teams for both aircraft, or did you simply saw a report/picture on the Internet somewhere?
I didn't saw the report/pic but I saw the aircraft with me eyes :).

Let’s clear this up

J10A uses NRIET Type 1473

J10B debatable it’s been switching between PESA 607 and ASEA 14th

J10C uses ASEA from 14th institute

Anyway I am now thinking what I suspected all along, if the news is true that production of B3 will be a mix of JF17 IIIB and IIIA then PAF is now regretting they built this as a “light weight” fighter, they have realised the limitation of their own success

They would love to have this at least 20% bigger airframe but now are stuck with this one and Trying to expand as much as possible and essentially pushing the envelope of operations with a dual seater

Either way big developments on a already fast moving programme

Let’s clear this up

Anyway I am now thinking what I suspected all along, if the news is true that production of B3 will be a mix of JF17 IIIB and IIIA then PAF is now regretting they built this as a “light weight” fighter, they have realised the limitation of their own success

They would love to have this at least 20% bigger airframe but now are stuck with this one and Trying to expand as much as possible and essentially pushing the envelope of operations with a dual seater

Engine was a limitation as well...

Hi,

That is what I wrote over 10 years ago---JF17 is about 25% too small---indeed the aircraft is a victim of its own success---.

Paf should have stuck with the original design---which was 25% larger---.

Let’s clear this up

JF-17 was made as a lightweight platform to replace F-7s and A-5s (both lightweight). About the J-10 radar doubt, there is no official statement about J-10's radar till now by CATIC, the Chinese team in Kamra says the same radar is being operated by J-10C, maybe they're lying :D

JF-17 was made as a lightweight platform to replace F-7s and A-5s (both lightweight). About the J-10 radar doubt, there is no official statement about J-10's radar till now by CATIC, the Chinese team in Kamra says the same radar is being operated by J-10C, maybe they're lying :D

But that is what I said, J10C using same radar asea from 14th

What, Wow I mean seriously??? I remember this time last year, the total number of Thunders in the PAF was less than 90, how many are we producing every year anyways???

150 Thunders is already a formidable force and that's without the blk IIIs and the rest of the PAF fleet...
Shukar Alhumdulillah and congrats to all Pakistanis and Chinese brothers! Couldn't have done out without you. :pakistan::china:

Last edited:
I have some doubts on having 150. PAF ordered 14 after completing 100. Never announced any order from china. What's that 150?

I have some doubts on having 150. PAF ordered 14 after completing 100. Never announced any order from china. What's that 150?
Haati kay daant dikha nay kay aur khaa nay kay aur I guess... that pic is clearly not PSd...

Lack of serial number on above makes it difficult to say what it means

May be they referring total of 150 block 1 & 2 will be inducted after then block 3 production will begin

What, Wow I mean seriously??? I remember this time last year, the total number of Thunders in the PAF was less than 90, how many are we producing every year anyways???

150 Thunders is already a formidable force and that's without the blk IIIs and the rest of the PAF fleet...
Shukar Alhumdulillah and congrats to all Pakistanis and Chinese brothers! Couldn't have done out without you. :pakistan::china:
We have currently 103 Thunders flying and by the end of this year 111.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom