What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Block III Dual seat is identical to the JF-17B flying in Kamra
Block III single seat will have redesigning on intakes and rear fuselage
Currently AESA trials are going on in PAC, with a KLJ-7A and the J-10's Wuxi 607th Institute Radars fitted on Block IIs for evaluation

J-10 does not use radars from 607th Institute; its 1473G radar was developed by NRIET (14th Institute).

I’m sorry JF17 Block IIIB? There is only 3 units under build at CAC, 2 x for PAF 1 x for CAC further testing

Can you expand on this point, I thought that dual seater were basically full scale demonstrators to give foreign dignitaries a feel for what the aircraft is like in the air hence pushing foreign sales

Is PAF now inducting the unit into its own operations as part of Block IIIA

If so that is a bigger development than single seat Block III o_O

Why are they changing rear fuselage? New engine in store ?

The JF-17B is fully compatible with the key upgrades that will be seen on the Block III single-seat jets including the AESA radar.

Don't be lazy.... google.
Basically more power and longer MTBS.

JF17 don't use RD33 please google for basics.

Dear there is no official version like RD-93MA is available on Klimov official website only fewer data on third party websites.

The RD-33 engine family includes the following versions:

• RD-33 series series 3, an engine with a longer service life;
  • RD-33B/NB, an engine without the afterburner for various types of aircraft;
  • SMR-95, an engine for upgrading foreign 2nd and 3rd generation jet fighters;
  • RD-93, a version for the FC-1 airplane;.
  • RD-33MK (Sea Wasp), an improved version of RD-33 for new MiG-35 jet fighters and MiG29K shipborne fighters.
An RD-33 version with a thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) is also available. New engines of the RD-33 family include BARKdigital monitoring and control systems. Repair and maintenance of RD-33 engines take advantage of an information and diagnostics system (IDS).
http://www.klimov.ru/en/production/aircraft/RD-33-family/

Dear there is no official version like RD-93MA is available on Klimov official website only fewer data on third party websites.

The RD-33 engine family includes the following versions:

• RD-33 series series 3, an engine with a longer service life;
  • RD-33B/NB, an engine without the afterburner for various types of aircraft;
  • SMR-95, an engine for upgrading foreign 2nd and 3rd generation jet fighters;
  • RD-93, a version for the FC-1 airplane;.
  • RD-33MK (Sea Wasp), an improved version of RD-33 for new MiG-35 jet fighters and MiG29K shipborne fighters.
An RD-33 version with a thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) is also available. New engines of the RD-33 family include BARKdigital monitoring and control systems. Repair and maintenance of RD-33 engines take advantage of an information and diagnostics system (IDS).
http://www.klimov.ru/en/production/aircraft/RD-33-family/

Dear, if you are interested in specs. you can use following link to updat your self.
http://roe.ru/pdfs/pdf_2144.pdf

J-10 does not use radars from 607th Institute; its 1473G radar was developed by NRIET (14th Institute).

The JF-17B is fully compatible with the key upgrades that will be seen on the Block III single-seat jets including the AESA radar.
Firstly J-10C operates with the Wuxi radar secondly JF-17B is using the usual KLJ-7V2 I've personally seen it and confirmed it.

Yes the J-10A uses the NRIET radar but not J-10C

Firstly J-10C operates with the Wuxi radar secondly JF-17B is using the usual KLJ-7V2 I've personally seen it and confirmed it.

J-10C also uses a radar from NRIET, only the J-16 and perhaps J-11D use the 607th Institute radar (in fact J-10C uses a down-sized version of the J-20's radar).

J-10C also uses a radar from NRIET, only the J-16 and perhaps J-11D use the 607th Institute radar (in fact J-10C uses a down-sized version of the J-20's radar).
It's actually upto you to believe anything, I've heard it from the Chinese here that the same radar is being used in J-10C, maybe they could be wrong

Let's agree to disagree

It's actually upto you to believe anything, I've heard it from the Chinese here that the same radar is being used in J-10C, maybe they could be wrong

Let's agree to disagree

I'm not trying to argue with you; this comes as a surprising news because all of the reports, however limited they are, have stated that the 10C uses NRIET radars.

When you are claiming that you "personally" saw them, do you mean that you've worked with the design teams for both aircraft, or did you simply saw a report/picture on the Internet somewhere?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom