What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

With each blocks, Jf17 is going to have new radar ?

There is no table representation of Block 1 vs block 2 ?

no there is no block-wise comparison, the whole concept of block system revolves around the update philosophy.

PAF wanted to avoid fleet within fleet. but that is bound to happen. eventually, all blk1 and 2 will be upgraded to blk 3 over the period of time. infect blk1 as they are due to overhauls, they will be getting latest block assignment and gadgets.

Both fighters were designed to be indigenous and allow for a local aircraft good enough to supplant the F-16 (and other fighters) not available for purchase.

The FCK-1 is currently the only aircraft comparable to the JF-17 in performance and flyaway costs(although $25 million in 1990 is different to $25 million today)
IIRC the JF-17 should have superior range and payload to the FCK-1.

Taiwan had difficulty securing a fighter-grade engine for a solid fighter. From importing to even indigenous development, a proper GE F404-class engine wasn't doable, forcing Taiwan to rely on two trainer-class engines from Honeywell.

The resulting design was basically something in the size, range and payload class of the Yak-130, M-346, etc, but with incredible optimization to make a functional fighter. But the range and payload limits are more stringent than those on the JF-17.

In a sense, had the Russians refused to sell the RD-93, the PAF might have had to tread the same path as the Taiwanese - i.e. an even smaller and lighter fighter using smaller Ukrainian or European turbofan engines. I remember in the old internet (2001-2004) seeing FC-1 fighter concepts smaller than the JF-17, including a twin-engine design with canards. So the thought was definitely there back then!

DCS thunder coming of nicely..

24955334_357855708010899_3239292251856980288_o.jpg

I'm working with DEKA Ironwork Simulations for the JF-17 Module :)

Can you tell us what external changes are to be seen on block III ?

And have you seen any 18-25x serials ?
Block III Dual seat is identical to the JF-17B flying in Kamra
Block III single seat will have redesigning on intakes and rear fuselage
Currently AESA trials are going on in PAC, with a KLJ-7A and the J-10's Wuxi 607th Institute Radars fitted on Block IIs for evaluation

What do you expect when prototype of JF17 block 3 will come out.. what is the work pace??

Currently AESA trials are going on in PAC, with a KLJ-7A and the J-10's Wuxi 607th Institute Radars fitted on Block IIs for evaluation

I’m sorry JF17 Block IIIB? There is only 3 units under build at CAC, 2 x for PAF 1 x for CAC further testing

Can you expand on this point, I thought that dual seater were basically full scale demonstrators to give foreign dignitaries a feel for what the aircraft is like in the air hence pushing foreign sales

Is PAF now inducting the unit into its own operations as part of Block IIIA

If so that is a bigger development than single seat Block III o_O

Why are they changing rear fuselage? New engine in store ?

Sir any update on new engine or new hard point ?

Wasnt KLJ-7A finalized?

Never heard of dual seat block 3, though RCS reduction on fuselage and intake was pretty much expected. An news on the new EW suite? I heard it is going to be a customized version of KG-800 suite with DFRM and simultaneous multimode jamming?

Makes no sense for the JF-17-IIIB to be identical to the JF-17-IIB if JF-17-III is going to have redesigned intake and rear fuselage. If the purpose of the B model is for the transition training then the JF-17B should suffice, if the objective is for the JF-17-IIIB to be multipurpose then it will need to be identical to the Block III with redesigned canopy and dorsal spine. Now that is if the JF-17-IIIB is indeed in the PAF's plans.

On a lighter note: "JF-17B is flying at Kamra," not "JF-17B flying in Kamra," which in my dirty mind means something else all together. Sorry not trying to be a grammar police, just seeing it as little humorous when reading it that way as I am often guilty of spelling and grammar mistakes muself.

What do you expect when prototype of JF17 block 3 will come out.. what is the work pace??
The serial production will start in May 2019, first batch will comprise of 22 Dual seaters

Wasnt KLJ-7A finalized?

Never heard of dual seat block 3, though RCS reduction on fuselage and intake was pretty much expected. An news on the new EW suite? I heard it is going to be a customized version of KG-800 suite with DFRM and simultaneous multimode jamming?
Let's hope for the best

Wasnt KLJ-7A finalized?

When you get AESA it's quite natural that you get considerably enhanced EW suite, Jamming included....

Sir any update on new engine or new hard point ?

Only AZAM will have new more power full engine, hence more load carrying capacity.

When you get AESA it's quite natural that you get considerably enhanced EW suite, Jamming included....

Only AZAM will have new more power full engine, hence more load carrying capacity.
Oh okay sir

Back
Top Bottom