What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Go through this, you will find some useful info in it.

It is a joint project in a true sense. A team of 35 engineers were sent to Chengdu back in 1996 to work, share and learn from more experienced Chinese friends. Of course they have had an aviation industry since fifties and we had none. We had to start from somewhere.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-thunder-information-pool.71435/

If you still insist, read here..

Pakistan has sent a dozen aeronautical engineers in Chengdu, China, to work for sino-pakistanese aircraft manufacturing cooperation in AVIC subsidiary. They are designing and producing FC-1 fighter aircraft, also called JF-17 Thunder in Pakistan.

Besides learning from chinese experience, pakistani experts give chinese teams operational directions so they can integrate them in the design of the aircraft.

http://greatmedia.pk/wp-content/upl...TICAL-ENGINEERS-TO-CHINA-ENGLISH_x264.mp4?_=1

There is no need for bashing and arguing go read paf history book 1999-2013 and you will know exactly what pac/Paf role was in Jf, k8 and what project Azam means

Move on there is no need to show who is right and wrong

End of story

Teacher: As a home assignment you all have to help someone and report it to me tomorrow
Next morning, teacher asks about the assignment
Students: We helped an old woman cross the road
Teacher: Why did it take 35 of you to help one person cross the road
Students: Because she didn't want to cross the road

my point being don't try to help the Indians understand what they don't want to

Doesn't the nose look wider on the JF-17B and additional fuel cells (grey part) below the cockpit does indicate they got more room on the JF-17B. Is a front comparison possible for both, can't find frontal aspect of B version.
2017-04-29-FC-1B-la-version-biplace-de-JF-17-r%C3%A9ussit-son-premier-vol-10-1200x580.jpg

JF-17B-JF-17bl2.jpg

And for our Indian friends. (This is now amongst my most fav songs :P)

Last edited:
Do you mean beyond the 16 JF-17 they bought?

It was already report d by Janes defence some time ago, interested in more than 16 on order with in country capability guess want to replace all a5 and f7s they had about total of 4 sqn

It was already report d by Janes defence some time ago, interested in more than 16 on order with in country capability guess want to replace all a5 and f7s they had about total of 4 sqn
I think PAF is also not looking to put its all eggs in one basket and If not wrong they are also looking to get some other aircrafts like L-139. But I am not sure about the numbers.

Is this photo PS'ed or JF-17B doesn't have any hard-points on it? Its supposed to be a training craft, how come its going to train for weapons when it cant carry any.

How do you know what that flight it for? Or do you like asking stupid questions or maybe you are just slow.

How do you know what that flight it for? Or do you like asking stupid questions or maybe you are just slow.
Instead of analysing me... Answer the question if you know anything..

Again, where are the hard-points/weapons station? Usually JF17 flies with 2 drop tanks, and 2 PL5 on wingtips. But JF17 B doesn't seem to have any, why is that so?

Probable weight issues?

I think PAF is also not looking to put its all eggs in one basket and If not wrong they are also looking to get some other aircrafts like L-139. But I am not sure about the numbers.
No plan just rumours

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom