What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

@MiG-35-BD PAF will induct these prototypes of JF-17B, but these are mainly for export. Countries like Myanmar, Senegal and Nigeria need these for training purpose. This year PAC will produce 12 additional JF-17A Block IIs in supplement production so PAF will have 62 Block IIAs, Block III's final contract is about to be signed in a few weeks.
What I know about Block III, mentioned is the Thales Scorpion HMD, AESA Radar either from NRIET or J-10C's Wushi AESA. Block IIIB will be similar to this B prototype while Block IIIA will have redesigning. And good news is that the powerplant is not RD-93 (Not sure which one but will let you know soon).
Senegal is getting JF17? o_O

NRIET usually offers better air to air modes, while Wushi does with better air to ground, SAR etc. Range wise, NRIET candidate takes the crown. Otherwise similar performance.

NRIET usually offers better air to air modes, while Wushi does with better air to ground, SAR etc. Range wise, NRIET candidate takes the crown. Otherwise similar performance.

I'm no expert but from what I read in forums, the a2g vs a2a capability issue is largely with PD radars. With AESA, the difference is non-existent or negligible. I don't know though if that holds true for air cooled AESA radars or not, as this is quite novel. But I see no reason that this will be any different.

I am sure PAF will decide on the best and most value for money radar available.

More fuel = more range
More composite = lower weight, ceteris paribus
New engine = more power and / or better fuel economy
New EW
New HOBS and HMD capability
AESA radar
LO design

This is the ultimate light fighter, and easily comparable to the best Gripen can offer, at a lower cost.

I'm no expert but from what I read in forums, the a2g vs a2a capability issue is largely with PD radars. With AESA, the difference is non-existent or negligible. I don't know though if that holds true for air cooled AESA radars or not, as this is quite novel. But I see no reason that this will be any different.

More fuel = more range
New EW
AESA radar
LO design

This is the ultimate light fighter, and easily comparable to the best Gripen can offer, at a lower cost.

The JF17 block -III should/must have effective offensive capabilities rather going for economy only, it should have basic gadgets i.e effective AESA to trace Rafael at longer ranges, IRST with specific range, next gen BVR and HOBS WVR Missiles, improved engine with better maneuverability. Not just improvement over Block-2 but as challenge to Rafael.

Otherwise it shall be just gap filler and compromise over defense requirements.

More fuel = more range
New EW
AESA radar
LO design

The major difference between pulse doppler and aesa is rate of scanning where the latter takes the crown by scanning both hemispheres simultaneously. BUT, avoiding various types of ground clutter is still difficult for most aesas too. @gambit

The block 3 should be called jf19 if it is so much different
compared to the blk 1 and 2.

would that make it better

@MiG-35-BD PAF will induct these prototypes of JF-17B, but these are mainly for export. Countries like Myanmar, Senegal and Nigeria need these for training purpose. This year PAC will produce 12 additional JF-17A Block IIs in supplement production so PAF will have 62 Block IIAs, Block III's final contract is about to be signed in a few weeks.
What I know about Block III, mentioned is the Thales Scorpion HMD, AESA Radar either from NRIET or J-10C's Wushi AESA. Block IIIB will be similar to this B prototype while Block IIIA will have redesigning. And good news is that the powerplant is not RD-93 (Not sure which one but will let you know soon).
these are some bold and shocking updates(engines = range/payload update? and HMD= 5th gen WVR)
i guess i will have to wait till 2020

basic design remain same for blk-3 and its just a upgrade bro, not new design jet and can you tell me why USA calling F-16 block-30 and F-16 block-60 as a F-16o_O BECAUSE NEW BUILT UPGRADE AND DESIGN REMAIN SAME:p:

basic design remain same for blk-3 and its just a upgrade bro, not new design jet and can you tell me why USA calling F-16 block-30 and F-16 block-60 as a F-16o_O BECAUSE NEW BUILT UPGRADE AND DESIGN REMAIN SAME:p:
Personally, I prefer the usage of Mark # vs Block.

Back
Top Bottom