What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

All aircraft going to air to air refuel capable but how many of them have achieve the capabilities until now?

Probably you are right but I think the one in the picture was a probe on testing which is indicative from yellow premier and same design is on other pictures as well ... whereas probe on the operational aircraft is slightly difference and slightly sleek ... I am attaching both of the pictures ... but both pictures are from internet so I am not sure about authenticity ...

View attachment 433335 View attachment 433336

One is South African and other is Chinese looks like sa version was not adapted perhaps Chinese dropped price to compete

Screenshot_2017-10-25-22-03-42.png

Screenshot_2017-10-25-21-46-32.png

Once you have a sample, It should be pretty simple to copy that, essentially it is a pipe extension/retraction system attached to a fuel reservoir and a pump with some sensors. I am very confident if this task is given to our aeronautical engineers they can replicate the system in a short time.

Would be cool if they can integrate the UPAZ pods to an airliner so that the force can benefit from a more fuel efficient platform.

First pic is with the first prototype probe, 2nd is the final design that went on aircraft.
Check out Thunder induction pics in 14 squadron

Probably you are right but I think the one in the picture was a probe on testing which is indicative from yellow premier and same design is on other pictures as well ... whereas probe on the operational aircraft is slightly difference and slightly sleek ... I am attaching both of the pictures ... but both pictures are from internet so I am not sure about authenticity ...

View attachment 433335 View attachment 433336

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom