What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

RCS red. is calculable from CVF. Because of variable expression its always a calculated near estimate. This is my estimate for dsi (block2) - 7-10%. (ver B) - 20-21% @Dazzler @Chak Bamu

by unfavourable theremal signature I presume negative IR signal right?

This is diff. between expected vs estimated thermal signatures at inlets. They can be picked up.

Last edited:
upload_2017-6-24_0-33-47.jpeg

upload_2017-6-24_0-47-39.jpeg

What ia there to counter for a plan that is to come a decade later. By that time most of our F16s would have been retired.
And J31 would be operational. I dont see any logic for india to spend billions of dollar in procuring F16 line except that india is scrapping TEJAS and HAL initialtive. Instead the Replacement of obsolete 3rd generation Indian fleet of Mig21 jaguar and Mih 27 is going to be F16s now.
F16 induction means a death warrant for tejas or more useless dollars spent on multiple aircraft types.
That's our thinking,even US is planning to keep 16's and other 4 gen birds operational till 2040.

DSI does contribute to hiding Engine fan blades. By eliminating splitter plates, the RCS is reduced a bit. But then JF-17 has all those antennas and fuel tanks sticking out. I am not sure the RCS of a normal configuration JF-17 is so low than the massive radar of SU-30 would find it difficult to get a lock onto it.

We can at best guess since I think only IAF would know conclusively whether or not JF-17 can defeat / avoid / delay SU-30's radar lock. I am surprised at the confidence with which you made that statement. How can you do that? Do you have any reference, source, link, etc... ?
If the statement is related to Zhuk ME,Kopyo,RDY-2 then may be valid,but taking it for BARS is out of Question,Bars is just a massive system.

That's our thinking,even US is planning to keep 16's and other 4 gen birds operational till 2040.
Yes even if Americans decide to do so it will be for the roles for which we will use our JF17s for the next 25 years.
Not as front line fighters but as multi role aircraft for various missions.
Why is it so difficult to understand?.
F16 was a star because Indian Air force had nothing significant to dominate it. Its adversary is Mig 29 Junk and Mirage 2000 and later the elephant sized Flankers with RCS of a Mamoth That can be taken our by AIM120 .F16 will no longer be a star against Rafael.
Its a bad decision if India peruse this plan of F16 assembly. They should induct TEJAS to replace There obsolete 3rd generation fleet. its 2017 man you can induct F16 as second tier aircraft for which TEJAS will also fulfill the requirements.

F-16C is very poor in quality and performed very very badly in exercises with our Su-30 MKI.
F-16C carries a highly inferior Doppler radar.
F-16E is a different ball game together as it has AESA radar and will be leagues ahead of JF-17 blk 3.
who you are trying to impress. SU-30 has an operational availability rate of 50%

F-16C is very poor in quality and performed very very badly in exercises with our Su-30 MKI.
F-16C carries a highly inferior Doppler radar.
F-16E is a different ball game together as it has AESA radar and will be leagues ahead of JF-17 blk 3.

You made some interesting statements here. As always, the bullsh!t drama ends with "what India has comes from the God almighty, the rest is sh!t"!. If the F-16's you'll face on the other hand were this useless, what stopped you from going into a war with the Pakistanis multiple times?

Second, if you really think you are right, show me an an Indian AF executive (Air Chief, AVM, etc) make a statement like the mumbo-jumbo you wrote above. In fact, why even bother making the same Jet in India? AESA tech is now becoming a COTTS product. Anyone with weapons integration and manufacturing industry will have it, including the JF-17. Your SU-30's a are maintenance heavy beasts and are old school, despite their TVC and heavy-weight profile. There is a reason why the Indian government wants to build F-16's internally. If the SU's were such a nice game changing advance beast, trust me, you'd have started to build SU-30 internally, instead of building F-16's.

F-16's throughout its almost 40 year life, has proven out to be the best combat aircraft ever built alongside with the F-15 and the Raptor. There is no doubt about it and it has gone against all major adversaries and has come out on top. I can't say the same about the SU-anything as we just shot one down a few days ago in Syria :enjoy:. I think the Russians just realized their entire MAWS and chaffs / flares don't work on AMRAAM :rofl:!

Seems the Block-2 have been given a darker two tone grey compared to the earlier pale grey scheme.

c176db7be981526930b549ea429fe7de.jpg

This is one bad photoshoped image.

Something to do with speed of the target nd aircraft. Drone moves slowly and thus difficult to get a proper lock through gun sights. Wvr missile best option.
Why can't you when even fixed ground targets can be straffed.

could it be that the PL-5 kill-chain is more complex and needed proofing?

Why can't you when even fixed ground targets can be straffed.

could it be that the PL-5 kill-chain is more complex and needed proofing?
There is a difference in attacking ground targets and slow moving aerial targets. Guns in air to air mode have less range, so the aircraft has very less time to aim at a slow moving drone for which it will have to reduce speed and can endanger itself by going into a stall, for ground targets u align ur aircraft from long distance and with ample time aim and shoot without needing to reduce speed. So here comes wvr missiles with considerable range compared to guns, slow moving target gets locked on from miles and without considerably reducing speed u can take a shot. This was done with the indian drone by paf f16 and now same here.

Sir for your kind info that naval arm already flying blk 2 thunder... 1 full squadron
Kuon krty ho aisi baten...PN doesnt operates any fighter jets bro

After Completing the century by the end of block 2. PAC would manufacture Naval version of JF-17 for Pakistan Navy to replace ageing Mirage 5.

Currently PN has 25 to 27 Mirage 5.
Which they would replace with jf-17 by 2020.
all mirages are with PAF..

Back
Top Bottom