What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

So...it's ok to make claims without any source or evidence? Isn't that what ruins this forum at times?

How about you ask the very senior member to explain his source or at least provide more info so others members like me don't automatically assume he's trolling. Aasman say wahi nahi aai thee that he's someone reliable or in the know.
here is the news link for you
https://www.dawn.com/news/1340703/i...ing-mission-shot-down-deep-inside-balochistan
trust that all settled now?

some of us get news before they are published by news media.

here is the news link for you
https://www.dawn.com/news/1340703/i...ing-mission-shot-down-deep-inside-balochistan
trust that all settled now?

some of us get news before they are published by news media.

Yes, I saw this a few mins ago. I appologise that I doubted you.

With all the unfounded claims I read people making on here daily, it gets difficult to tell who is in the know (like yourself) and who assumes their daydreams are reality.

Look forward to the next story you break. Promise not to ask for a source this time :partay:

Aim 9 on f-6, ft5, a5s f7s and mirages so it's not an issue on jf but I think paf happy with pl5e2 as good as aim9m and much cheaper

Aim 9 on f-6, ft5, a5s f7s and mirages so it's not an issue on jf but I think paf happy with pl5e2 as good as aim9m and much cheaper

Pl5e2 has its merits but there are reasons why Jf17 is made to be able to carry the sidewinder. From what i've heard, although both are about the same weight but the Aim9 carries a heavier detonating device.

Which Aim-9 series?
As of today, the JF-17 has wiring to fire the Aim-9 series if needed.

1st link is BS. Its like Defense pk claimed JF-26 stealth aircraft because I think so. Its a poscast!!

2nd is also suspect as it us a thread based on speculation, so nothing solid.

Suggest you stop taking it seriously

I think it is important to define what these features are. As stealth is a misnomer. Most of these are material changes and while these will contribute to a slightly lower RCs. As long as there are external weapons hanging off it, its not going to be anywhere near an actual low RCS aircraft. Its already small enough to give the block 52s sensors a run for their money.

But this myth of steath JF-17 needs to be quashed. Improvement in materials and composite additions leading to marginal changes in RCS does not make it a equivalent of the F-15SE type change.

It happened in Yousuf Raza Gilani term but as I said before, Type-54, 50JFT and This MoU never materialized, if you remembered.

In few posts on Facebook, i read that this Iranian drone was second kill by JF-17, what was 1st kill ? or was there 2 Iranian drones shotdown by JF17.
Do any body have clear picture?

Involves DSI's. Rest i agree.
I think it is important to define what these features are. As stealth is a misnomer. Most of these are material changes and while these will contribute to a slightly lower RCs. As long as there are external weapons hanging off it, its not going to be anywhere near an actual low RCS aircraft.

But this myth of steath JF-17 needs to be quashed.

Involves DSI's.
Madam could you possibly reveal what these stealth features are?

It happened in Yousuf Raza Gilani term but as I said before, Type-54, 50JFT and This MoU never materialized, if you remembered.
I remember very well, and it was misreported based on unreliable sources.
There was nothing as such done or mentioned. No official will ever corroborate this particular news.

Moreover, with a debt ridden budget and general illiterate corrupt buffons running the country at that time; I would take any statements during that period with a bucket load of design
Involves DSI's. Rest i agree.

Involves DSI's.
Changes to the DSI were thought up much earlier including ram coatings,but per Acdre rafiq these were ruled out for cost effectiveness because the gain in frontal rcs was deemed minimal. Circa 2011 so it could have changed

DSI obviates needs for 'ram coatings'. This has never been considered for FC-1. Luneburg reflectors have been. Issue revolves around lateral-swept inlet cowl, air compression & resultant reduction to subsonic air speed causing unfavorable thermal signatures.
Changes to the DSI were thought up much earlier including ram coatings,but per Acdre rafiq these were ruled out for cost effectiveness because the gain in frontal rcs was deemed minimal. Circa 2011 so it could have changed

Last edited:
DSI obviates needs for 'ram coatings'. This has never been considered for FC-1. Luneburg reflectors have been. Issue revolves around lateral-swept inlet cowl, air compression & resultant reduction to subsonic air speed causing unfavorable thermal signatures.

I've heard from a number of sources that the DSI has contributed to frontal RCS reduction to a good degree. The question is, how much.

From what I have read that from the frontal aspect the reduction is enough that current Indian fighter firecontrol RADARs cannot get a reliable lock at BVR ranges.

Back
Top Bottom