What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

PAF down Iranian drone? How is this a achievement

Down American drone who have been been bombing Pakistan last 15 years then talk achievememt
Those happen because we let them- geopolitics arent some game of good vs evil. Its our interest and their interest and the venn diagram of it.

MOU for stealthy JFT was once signed.
I would love to know where and when a specific mou for a stealthy JF-17 was ever signed.

Those happen because we let them- geopolitics arent some game of good vs evil. Its our interest and their interest and the venn diagram of it.

I would love to know where and when a specific mou for a stealthy JF-17 was ever signed.

http://www.defenceaviation.com/2009/01/jf-17x-a-pakistani-stealth-fighter.html

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chin...tealth-variant-of-jf-17-thunder.66236/page-16

3 things signed in PPP government never materialized.

1) 50 JFTs from China.
2) MoU for Stealthy JFT
3) 2 Type 54 ships.

@Oscar

The original plan per paf history in early 1990s was paf buy 150 and plaaf will buy 100 total 250 then it got delayed due to avionics and project was in limbo till 2000 when avionics and rest of Dev were decoupled plaaf 100 was also in limbo so china provided soft loan and paf requirement also went from 150 to 250 and catac And paf focused on foreign sales ;)

Today paf had firm order for 150 but counting all old Ac need additional 100 to take care of all ps, pgs, and mirages

That's averaging 20 Ac per sqn 250/20 eq 12.5 sqn where .5 is Ccs which usually has one flight worth or Ac but instructor plus Student and flying hours requires full sqn support

Or 18 per sqn eq almost 14 sqn

Last edited:
Pakistan is also taking a stance that may not be in line with KSA's expectations, but it certainly is borderline hostile to Iran.

I fail to construct any sort of meaning full phrase, out of your sentence.
Can you be clear, how's KSA linked with JF-17 shooting Iranian spy drone?

PAF down Iranian drone? How is this a achievement

Its just like killing a mosquito with sledge hammer.

Why thunder didn't participate 52 paris air show? Any one would enlighten? Thanks

mauka mauka mauka mauka

after historical defeat
still after shocks hitting indian minds
cant distinguish b/w falcon & thunder
TheQuint,
DCsfm-bU0AALr-S.jpg large.jpg

http://www.defenceaviation.com/2009/01/jf-17x-a-pakistani-stealth-fighter.html

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/chin...tealth-variant-of-jf-17-thunder.66236/page-16

3 things signed in PPP government never materialized.

1) 50 JFTs from China.
2) MoU for Stealthy JFT
3) 2 Type 54 ships.

@Oscar
1st link is BS. Its like Defense pk claimed JF-26 stealth aircraft because I think so. Its a poscast!!

2nd is also suspect as it us a thread based on speculation, so nothing solid.

Suggest you stop taking it seriously

You mean MoU for block-3 ?. I was only aware of stealth features build into ver. B
I think it is important to define what these features are. As stealth is a misnomer. Most of these are material changes and while these will contribute to a slightly lower RCs. As long as there are external weapons hanging off it, its not going to be anywhere near an actual low RCS aircraft. Its already small enough to give the block 52s sensors a run for their money.

But this myth of steath JF-17 needs to be quashed. Improvement in materials and composite additions leading to marginal changes in RCS does not make it a equivalent of the F-15SE type change.

Insha Allah the first real kill will be SU-30 blown out of the sky. Second kill, American F-16s/F-18s coming from the West. Insha Allah.
That is not very critical of you is it? Downing an F18/ F16 would be all out war wuth US who feed the butchers who sit at the helm of affairs. How long before the US exacts revenge and its nature. You dont want to be taking on the US unless you dont have ab option but fingering them without provocation would lead to disaster.
A

I was thinking, Sniper ATP Pod was competing for JF-17 ATP tender which Turkey won. There is still a small chance JF-17 can be mated with AIM-9 series missiles. If Americans are not worried about mating their Sniper pod with chinese jet, they wont be worried about mating a missile with chinese jet as well

I was thinking, Sniper ATP Pod was competing for JF-17 ATP tender which Turkey won. There is still a small chance JF-17 can be mated with AIM-9 series missiles. If Americans are not worried about mating their Sniper pod with chinese jet, they wont be worried about mating a missile with chinese jet as well
Which Aim-9 series?
As of today, the JF-17 has wiring to fire the Aim-9 series if needed.

Back
Top Bottom