What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Something to do with speed of the target nd aircraft. Drone moves slowly and thus difficult to get a proper lock through gun sights. Wvr missile best option.
Absolutely, I was told it was not easy to lock it. The pilot could see it on the radar but the missile won't lock just because it's so small with low IR. So he had to get really slow with different angle to shot it down. People think it's a UAV and easy to take it out, but when I heard the technical aspects of it , well not that easy.

Kuon krty ho aisi baten...PN doesnt operates any fighter jets bro

all mirages are with PAF..
I think he meant to say that they provide support to the navy. I have seen it at masroor providing support to navy and carrying out sea missions.

Can u tell shot with what a missile or a gun fire. The Debri doesn't seem to hit by a missile. I thing it was just a small gun burst that brought it down.

That is not very critical of you is it? Downing an F18/ F16 would be all out war wuth US who feed the butchers who sit at the helm of affairs. How long before the US exacts revenge and its nature. You dont want to be taking on the US unless you dont have ab option but fingering them without provocation would lead to disaster.
A

Except, we have kills against then superpower U.S.S.R. We performed those kills on American backing. I am quite sure the Russians would be more than happy to avenge for their general humiliation in air-to-air combat. We should be only too pleased to oblige.

Let's see how things proceed in Afghanistan. Narendra Modi's visit is significant. There is a non-trivial possibility of history repeating itself, with Russian jets from Afghanistan replaced with U.S. jets.

DSI does contribute to hiding Engine fan blades. By eliminating splitter plates, the RCS is reduced a bit. But then JF-17 has all those antennas and fuel tanks sticking out. I am not sure the RCS of a normal configuration JF-17 is so low than the massive radar of SU-30 would find it difficult to get a lock onto it.

We can at best guess since I think only IAF would know conclusively whether or not JF-17 can defeat / avoid / delay SU-30's radar lock. I am surprised at the confidence with which you made that statement. How can you do that? Do you have any reference, source, link, etc... ?

The JF-17 is a networked system, and its true potential will come out in a networked environment. The following is just my theorization. It is one possible way in which PAF can wield this weapon. There are many other ways.

Against SU-30, the optimum configuration for JF-17 will be passive mode with radar turned off and target tracking done by AWACS. Depending on the AWACS capability, the SU-30's radar can be jammed by the AWACS. If the SU-30 makes the mistake of firing BVR that follows the jamming signal, it would be a fruitless exercise because the AWACS would be well out of range.

Now I just made up all of this. And since I have no clue about PAF's plans, my theory is probably incorrect. But I think this is one plausible manner in which the JF-17 would be very hard to detect for SU-30.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

JF-17B model at Paris airshow 2017. Air intakes are decidedly under the wings, as opposed to Block1/2. You can see the gap between the wings and the intakes. Is this merely a mistake or an airframe change that takes it closer to SU series?

upload_2017-6-25_10-14-36.png

Except, we have kills against then superpower U.S.S.R. We performed those kills on American backing. I am quite sure the Russians would be more than happy to avenge for their general humiliation in air-to-air combat. We should be only too pleased to oblige.

Let's see how things proceed in Afghanistan. Narendra Modi's visit is significant. There is a non-trivial possibility of history repeating itself, with Russian jets from Afghanistan replaced with U.S. jets.

The JF-17 is a networked system, and its true potential will come out in a networked environment. The following is just my theorization. It is one possible way in which PAF can wield this weapon. There are many other ways.

Against SU-30, the optimum configuration for JF-17 will be passive mode with radar turned off and target tracking done by AWACS. Depending on the AWACS capability, the SU-30's radar can be jammed by the AWACS. If the SU-30 makes the mistake of firing BVR that follows the jamming signal, it would be a fruitless exercise because the AWACS would be well out of range.

Now I just made up all of this. And since I have no clue about PAF's plans, my theory is probably incorrect. But I think this is one plausible manner in which the JF-17 would be very hard to detect for SU-30.

JF-17B model at Paris airshow 2017. Air intakes are decidedly under the wings, as opposed to Block1/2. You can see the gap between the wings and the intakes. Is this merely a mistake or an airframe change that takes it closer to SU series?

View attachment 406164

This is L-15 not Jf-17b ;)

View attachment 406164
not JF17

Kuon krty ho aisi baten...PN doesnt operates any fighter jets bro

all mirages are with PAF..
Sir mn bhi yehi batany ki koshish kr rha hon that PAF ka wo arm jo naval defense k ly responsible ha, it is already equiped with thunder and there is no naval thunder to come as whatever role it has to perform is already performing ...

Absolutely, I was told it was not easy to lock it. The pilot could see it on the radar but the missile won't lock just because it's so small with low IR. So he had to get really slow with different angle to shot it down. People think it's a UAV and easy to take it out, but when I heard the technical aspects of it , well not that easy.

I think he meant to say that they provide support to the navy. I have seen it at masroor providing support to navy and carrying out sea missions.
he said NAV is flying a thunder sqn :)

Sir mn bhi yehi batany ki koshish kr rha hon that PAF ka wo arm jo naval defense k ly responsible ha, it is already equiped with thunder and there is no naval thunder to come as whatever role it has to perform is already performing ...
u said PN has 25-27 mirages...but it doesnt,PAF operates all mirages..
PEACE!

he said NAV is flying a thunder sqn :)

u said PN has 25-27 mirages...but it doesnt,PAF operates all mirages..
PEACE!
May be comprehension mistake on my part ... i was just highlighting PAF operating for naval assistance role ... PEACE ...

Hi,

I think it is safer---blow it up with a missile from a distance so you don't have to fly thru the debris field.

Closer you get to shoot it---the higher the chance of getting damage to your aircraft flying thru debris in the air.
The best though will be drone against drone..Pakistan should get a fast, armed and capable drone with link to air-defence systems and fighters..

Back
Top Bottom